Be very careful when buying a Thinkware product as they do not have a repair center in North America.

Those systems are crap on dash cameras. Lane Assist / Warnings etc. Dash Cam position, Vibrations, lens angle, can all throw off these systems. I certainly wouldn't base my decision on buying a camera over the inclusion of ADA's. The aforementioned is why many brands exclude these gimmicky features. Simply they aren't all that reliable.
Each to there own,

Each to there own,

There's good reason why you don't find these systems implemented on many Dash Cams. They are hardly a replacement for systems installed by vehicle manufacturers, and at best, these aftermarket ADAs are quasi reliable.

I wouldn't hold much hope for anything other than the red light being useful. Lane Departure systems use guidelines, which unless your on a straight road, isn't going to be much help. As roads do bend. You'll notice the videos "highlighting these features" are only ever done on perfectly straight roads.

Collision warning is pretty much useless. If you're relying on the camera to warn you about hitting another car, then you aren't paying attention. If you haven't begun to brake by the time the camera "warns you", I'm not sure you're going to have much success avoiding the accident. This system is no replacement for crash avoidance systems which apply the brakes if it senses an impending crash. In hopes of either mitigating the accident or preventing it. See a video from BlackBoxMyCar for proof (Click Below). By the time the Thinkware Notifies you, there's ZERO TIME to react. Useless.

People are free to chime in if they think my assessment if off base.

Last edited:
But wouldn't you like to no ware the speed cameras are and the mobile units hiding in the bushes and side roads.
My partner has been caught even though my q800 pro told them there was a mobile speed camera ahead.
So they ended up going on a driving awareness course. They didn't do it again.
I think that answers your question ,

But wouldn't you like to no ware the speed cameras are and the mobile units hiding in the bushes and side roads.
My partner has been caught even though my q800 pro told them there was a mobile speed camera ahead.
So they ended up going on a driving awareness course. They didn't do it again.
I think that answers your question ,

Red light cameras may be about the only thing that is accurate. Although, unless these are updated with firmware and real time updates, the databases can become outdated.

Other features such as Lane Departure and Collision Avoidance (See Video) are gimmicks. Lane Departure uses guidelines and relies upon straight roads (no videos will ever show this system on narrow roadways) and by the time Collision Avoidance gives warning, you're going to plow into that car (see video).

These software based systems are sub par to ones included with modern vehicles.

Last edited:
I will say i find the Thinkware Speed Camera / Redlight camera database very good (Database is compiled by https://www.cyclops-uk.com). Also the Lane departure is very good too as on the first drive after fitting that's over 18mph for 1 minute after fitting it calibrates itself to learn where the White Lines sit when your driving. I will partially agree with the Crash Collision warning though that's like Marmite, you Love it or Hate it! I'm personally not a fan of that part and have that disabled but i have also spoken to many customer that use it and love it.

I will say i find the Thinkware Speed Camera / Redlight camera database very good (Database is compiled by https://www.cyclops-uk.com). Also the Lane departure is very good too as on the first drive after fitting that's over 18mph for 1 minute after fitting it calibrates itself to learn where the White Lines sit when your driving. I will partially agree with the Crash Collision warning though that's like Marmite, you Love it or Hate it! I'm personally not a fan of that part and have that disabled but i have also spoken to many customer that use it and love it.
Yes it's brilliant. Check out the new thinkware t700 on utube it's being released at the end of March. All sim card tests for the uk and I assume the EU (bloody brexit) have now been done,

The system with a list over speed cams you can not use in Denmark, as we have about 12 fixed speed cams, but 100 mobile speed trap vans and XX cops using laser.

So we can not use radar detectors, but a APP that users report speed traps we can use, and even with that you still regular hear about idiots blasting past a speed van at 150 kmh where 80 is the limit.

The chance of a kid killing himself are 4 X higher in the western part of Jutland, simply as there are no motorways out there, and also rarely cops, so the kids floor it on the highways and do 200 in a place where 80 is the limit.
Last one died yesterday after 4 days in coma.

The system with a list over speed cams you can not use in Denmark, as we have about 12 fixed speed cams, but 100 mobile speed trap vans and XX cops using laser.

So we can not use radar detectors, but a APP that users report speed traps we can use, and even with that you still regular hear about idiots blasting past a speed van at 150 kmh where 80 is the limit.

The chance of a kid killing himself are 4 X higher in the western part of Jutland, simply as there are no motorways out there, and also rarely cops, so the kids floor it on the highways and do 200 in a place where 80 is the limit.
Last one died yesterday after 4 days in coma.
Yes just as bad in the uk.
Fortunately my car will brake and come to a stop even apparently if a mouse runs out into the road.
I haven't had to test that feature yet,

I have a video somewhere, where i drive in the day and by chance have put a camera on myself, and a rat run across the road.
There are absolutely no reaction to see in my face or steering wheel as i run it over, or at drive past / over it.

And i did see it alright, but i dont feel like doing something stupid for a rat or a cat,,,,,,,, dogs you are actually supposed to try and not run over for some reason.
My friend once creamed a dog doing 150 kmh on a highway, his own dog on the back seat wouldn't stop moaning, i assume it could smell the dog dying embedded in the front of the Saab car.
It was night and he did not see it coming, so it was just a almighty BAM and then WTF ??? and him slowly stopping.

Currently he have 2 dogs, and he do not need motion detect on his CCTV system, the 2 dogs watch the cameras and growl if something are moving in the pictures. :giggle:

I have a video somewhere, where i drive in the day and by chance have put a camera on myself, and a rat run across the road.
There are absolutely no reaction to see in my face or steering wheel as i run it over, or at drive past / over it.

And i did see it alright, but i dont feel like doing something stupid for a rat or a cat,,,,,,,, dogs you are actually supposed to try and not run over for some reason.
My friend once creamed a dog doing 150 kmh on a highway, his own dog on the back seat wouldn't stop moaning, i assume it could smell the dog dying embedded in the front of the Saab car.
It was night and he did not see it coming, so it was just a almighty BAM and then WTF ??? and him slowly stopping.

Currently he have 2 dogs, and he do not need motion detect on his CCTV system, the 2 dogs watch the cameras and growl if something are moving in the pictures. :giggle:
When we were in South West France in 2019 we had wild boar run out into the road. I don't no who sh-t their selves first. All you could see was the fear in the eyes,

Yes just as bad in the uk.
Fortunately my car will brake and come to a stop even apparently if a mouse runs out into the road.
I haven't had to test that feature yet,
I've heard of people whizzing down Motorways and sharply pulling in front of cars with Emergency Braking just to watch the cars slam on their brakes in the rear view mirror!

I had the same happen on the E4 motorway in Sweden, just a Damn moose, my friend behind me driving his land rover and filming at the same time nearly ended me and so almost ending our fishing trip premature as i braked ( nice and easy as i saw the moose as it was daytime and its a huge animal )

I had the same happen on the E4 motorway in Sweden, just a Damn moose, my friend behind me driving his land rover and filming at the same time nearly ended our fishing trip premature as i braked ( nice and easy as i saw the moose )
Never eaten moose before,

same i tries a wale steak once, and it was not nice.
Moose i recon must be a lot like horse ? which i also never tried to eat.

same i tries a wale steak once, and it was not nice.
Moose i recon must be a lot like horse ? which i also never tried to eat.
Ah.
I like horse steaks. But illegal to to buy from butchers in France now,

There was a meat scandal here too with horse meat mixed into beef.

Dident France have dedicated horse butchers.

Back