Be very careful when buying a Thinkware product as they do not have a repair center in North America.

Yes but that's all gone now.
I'm sure there must be a farmer doing it on the quite somewhere.
It's a case of who you no in the village your staying at,

I've heard of people whizzing down Motorways and sharply pulling in front of cars with Emergency Braking just to watch the cars slam on their brakes in the rear view mirror!

I'm sure systems have improved in 7 years since this video...but I wouldn't put my life on the line in case there's a glitch.

I will say i find the Thinkware Speed Camera / Redlight camera database very good (Database is compiled by https://www.cyclops-uk.com). Also the Lane departure is very good too as on the first drive after fitting that's over 18mph for 1 minute after fitting it calibrates itself to learn where the White Lines sit when your driving. I will partially agree with the Crash Collision warning though that's like Marmite, you Love it or Hate it! I'm personally not a fan of that part and have that disabled but i have also spoken to many customer that use it and love it.

I'd be very interested to see this in action. All videos posted online regarding lane departure are on straight roadways without bends and turns. So I am very curious to see the reliability of ThinkWare Lane Departure.

Also, good to know redlight database is up to date.

Crash Collision warning is a joke. Look at the video I posted here. By the time you're alerted, you will be sitting in the lap of the person's vehicle you hit.

I think you will find that thinkware is one of the better one's out of all dash cam manufacturers.
Take a look at the thinkware t700 witch is being released in the uk at the end of March 2021.they have completed all their testing now.
This has been ongoing since 2019. So they no they need to get this right.
But I won't order one until some honest reviews start coming in.
The BlackVue lte dash camera is now getting terrible reviews if you no ware to look online. I.e not amazon reviews they are false,
Check out on utube,

I think you will find that thinkware is one of the better one's out of all dash cam manufacturers.
Take a look at the thinkware t700 witch is being released in the uk at the end of March 2021.they have completed all their testing now.
This has been ongoing since 2019. So they no they need to get this right.
But I won't order one until some honest reviews start coming in.
The BlackVue lte dash camera is now getting terrible reviews if you no ware to look online. I.e not amazon reviews they are false,
Check out on utube,

Ive come to the conclusion that much of amazon these days is filled with people being reimbursed to purchase a product or given a free sample. I always read the bad reviews and then the good ones. Google and see what else turns up. Do my best, but can't always be right.

If you do purchase this thinkware, be sure to make a video of how well lane departure works in real world conditions. Few roads are ever perfectly straight, so the videos online are very deceiving as to the effectiveness of these software based systems. You'd think if these functions worked fantastically, dash cam manufacturers would have multiple real world videos as examples. And I simply don't see that at present.

Last edited:
Ive come to the conclusion that much of amazon these days is filled with people being reimbursed to purchase a product or giving a free sample. I always read the bad reviews and then the good ones. Google and see what else turns up. Do my best, but can't always be right.

If you do purchase this thinkware, be sure to make a video of how well lane departure works in real world conditions. Few roads are ever perfectly straight, so the videos online are very deceiving as to the effectiveness of these software based systems. You'd think if these functions worked fantastically, dash cam manufacturers would have multiple real world videos as examples. And I simply don't see that at present.
You can't really rely on any technology these days. Nothing really better than your own eyes and hearing,

You can't really rely on any technology these days. Nothing really better than your own eyes and hearing,

That's true, but if you are paying extra for something, I'd want it to at least function moderately well. Otherwise, these features are bloating a device unnecessarily.

That's true, but if you are paying extra for something, I'd want it to at least function moderately well. Otherwise, these features are bloating a device unnecessarily.
you just need to to your research and make sure all your setting on the dash cam are right for,

But the return policy is only for 30 days for Amazon plus tax which is huge.

Was thinking about BlackBoxMyCar, free shipping and no tax. Returns would be free but shipping on the purchaser and according to the their website they have after warranty support. So will probably go that rout. I will need to break my order up since they say over $800 is taxed when crossing the border but the inconvenience might be worth it to avoid tax.
BlackboxMyCar will not give you a warranty if you live in the UK. Already tried this with there new power bank battery

Thinkware and other companies too seem to have (or do have) exclusive zones for their official distributors and dealers. BBMC doesn't do UK but does do N. America, and assists with technical help and answers world-wide on these forums (y) BBMC is very knowledgeable of their products and of dashcams in general.

It's always best to do business with your local factory authorized distributors and dealers, even if you can find a cheaper price from elsewhere, in case you need after-sales service. The local company can serve you fast, but an obscure third-party seller from an online sales site half the world away can take months, or worse yet ignore you.

Phil

Thinkware and other companies too seem to have (or do have) exclusive zones for their official distributors and dealers. BBMC doesn't do UK but does do N. America, and assists with technical help and answers world-wide on these forums (y) BBMC is very knowledgeable of their products and of dashcams in general.

It's always best to do business with your local factory authorized distributors and dealers, even if you can find a cheaper price from elsewhere, in case you need after-sales service. The local company can serve you fast, but an obscure third-party seller from an online sales site half the world away can take months, or worse yet ignore you.

Phil
That's why I tend to wait until they are sold directly by amazon. That way if there is a problem I can send it straight back to amazon even though amazon might charge me a bit more its worth it for the peace of mind,

Amazon (and maybe some others) makes early returns easy, but what if you have a problem half a year after purchase? At that point you are dependent on the seller and the warranty. Many of the factory-authorized dealers also sell on such sites and I use those sellers there when I buy on Amazon even if someone else is cheaper, just to know that I have someone worthy standing behind the product.

With most things electronic including dashcams, if you're going to have problems they usually show up rather quickly, from a few days to a few weeks into use. If it makes the first month it's usually OK. I've had to return one cam so far- it died shortly after purchase. The seller had me return it, and sent me another which happened to be DOA. On reporting that they expressed me a new cam which worked wonderfully, I didn't have to send the dead one back. This is the kind of service you'll never get from a cheap 3rd party seller :cautious:

Then again I've bought some cheap cams directly from Chinese mega-store sites, luckily none needed returning, but I wouldn't have done that anyway as it's just not worth the hassle. I'll risk small money with those places, but not serious money ;) Your money, your choice, but don't whine if a cheap 3rd party seller you chose on price is useless when you need help- you have a choice so make a good choice :cool:

Phil

There's a few companies in the uk but they can't answer my questions about the thinkware t700 I.e which uk sim card will work in the t700 they are selling.
I have a feeling they are coming from so smart whom ins based in Singapore,

The dealers do vary, and not all of them will have good product knowledge :( This is the downside of manufacturers setting up exclusive zones for it's authorized dealers. Good folks like BBMC make the system work, while dealers who can't or won't answer questions or who are reliant on the manufacturer for answers make the system suck o_O

This says something about the manufacturer, for if they really cared they would not use crappy dealers- only the good ones. Other companies with exclusive zones for sellers seem to be able to find good dealers so I know it can happen; it just doesn't seem to be happening with Thinkware among a small list of others :cautious: In the world of sales, attitude is everything.

Phil

Reactions: EGS
There's a few companies in the uk but they can't answer my questions about the thinkware t700 I.e which uk sim card will work in the t700 they are selling.
check with @Maddog1974 he's in the UK and is a Thinkware agent that knows the product

Amazon (and maybe some others) makes early returns easy, but what if you have a problem half a year after purchase? At that point you are dependent on the seller and the warranty. Many of the factory-authorized dealers also sell on such sites and I use those sellers there when I buy on Amazon even if someone else is cheaper, just to know that I have someone worthy standing behind the product.

With most things electronic including dashcams, if you're going to have problems they usually show up rather quickly, from a few days to a few weeks into use. If it makes the first month it's usually OK. I've had to return one cam so far- it died shortly after purchase. The seller had me return it, and sent me another which happened to be DOA. On reporting that they expressed me a new cam which worked wonderfully, I didn't have to send the dead one back. This is the kind of service you'll never get from a cheap 3rd party seller :cautious:

Then again I've bought some cheap cams directly from Chinese mega-store sites, luckily none needed returning, but I wouldn't have done that anyway as it's just not worth the hassle. I'll risk small money with those places, but not serious money ;) Your money, your choice, but don't whine if a cheap 3rd party seller you chose on price is useless when you need help- you have a choice so make a good choice :cool:

Phil

Usually, you early on if a piece of tech is going to malfunction. At least, quality made products. This is not to say there isn't tech that's made cheaply, or that quality made tech won't die prematurely. I've experienced both. However, if you stick with well known products and manufacturers, your chances of catching production related failures early on are enhanced. Since products with a name and reputation will generally work or not. Cheap made items may function "OK" for a bit and then quit. As far as warranties, most manufacturers run the number, an know at what intervals their products may begin to fail.

We will be using the Vodafone V-Sim @ £3 per month on a rolling 30 day contract. I think they will also be sold 'Sim Card Less' in the future but we're not going to Run before we can Walk (as the expression goes!)

We will be using the Vodafone V-Sim @ £3 per month on a rolling 30 day contract. I think they will also be sold 'Sim Card Less' in the future but we're not going to Run before we can Walk (as the expression goes!)
Do we have a confirmed release date for the uk market now,

Do we have a confirmed release date for the uk market now,
So Close but not quite

I will message you when they are ready, i know you have been waiting a while. Will try and do you a good price too (depends on my Bosses mood lol) ;)

Back