Before I formally introduce 6 Hikvision 1600P Dashcams, Please check out demo videos below

I've always found it next to impossible to actually buy Hikvision products

Personally I'm not a retailer but I may be interested in purchasing one of your cameras. I'm finding the AE-DC5013-F6 PRO 1600P/Wi-Fi AP/GPS to be a rather interesting product and the pricing seems reasonable, so it would be great to see Hikvision dash cams available through some of the same vendor channels where your other products are already sold: i.e. Amazon, eBay, AliExpress, various retailers, etc. If Hikvision dash cams are built to the same standards as your CCTV products you may really have something here that has too often been lacking in this industry in regard to performance and especially reliability.
Quality, Performance, Reliability and Support are our top priorities at Hikvision.

We don't actually have our own online stores here in NA. But we are working hard to support online retailers willing to sell Hikvision consumer electronic products like Dashcams.
If any retailer in Canada is willing to carry our Dashcams, please let me know.

Not sure what model his NVR are, i would assume i have enabled hik-connect, but i will have a look later today as i am driving out that way.

I think many are a bit apprehensive about Chinese CCTV equipment, i dont worry that much cuz no matter name on the camera i would never aim one at my self, all my cameras are aimed out of my apartment, not a single camera aimed at the interior.
I could make do with cameras on my house also filming out, might capture me if i am in my driveway / garden or whatever, but i would not put a camera up where i am a lot, just like i would not stream myself playing a game or letting loose as angry rider of justice online,,,,, actually the willingness of people to aim cameras at them self sickens me.
Hell i dont even have a web cam,,,,, or a microphone for that matter, and i have also never done a video call on my phone, i seeno reason why i would ever do something like that, though i can imagine situations where it might be helpful, just i do my best to not get in situations like that.

AE-DC5013-F6 1600P/Wi-Fi AP
AE-DC5013-F6 PRO 1600P/Wi-Fi AP/GPS
(F6 and F6pro look alike)
View attachment 59225
Can you share any info on the supported video resolutions, file formats and bitrate for the F6 / F6 Pro / F6S?

Can they all record 1080p30, 1080p60, 1440p30 and 1600p30?
Is h.264 available as well as h.265?
Image format is stated as JPEG. What is the video format? Is it MJPEG?

The data sheets appear to be inconsistent:

1638953844272.png

1638953931827.png

1638953886080.png

Can you share any info on the supported video resolutions, file formats and bitrate for the F6 / F6 Pro / F6S?

View attachment 59248

View attachment 59250

View attachment 59249

- Do these cameras have a capacitor or a battery?

- Do they make a sound on startup & shutdown? Can that be turned on/off?

Good questions!

View attachment 59248

View attachment 59250

View attachment 59249

@RickyC some more questions:

- Do these cameras have a capacitor or a battery?

- Do they make a sound on startup & shutdown? Can that be turned on/off?

Morning TonyM! Thank you for your questions.

# All those models support following resolutions and frame rate:1080p@ 25/30/60fps, 1440p@25/30fps, 1600p@25/30fps
sceenshot1.png

# Video format is H264 and H265 selectable;
MJPEG is out of date for years.

# All those dashcams support parking mode with the buck line( sold separately) ;
1638983101664.png
# We don't sell batteries here due to shipping issue.
I will try to find out compatible batteries available locally.

# they make sounds when they boot up as well as LED indicators, from red to blue, or display screen.
if the Micro SD card is not installed or damaged, you will hear voice prompts at start up.
That sound cannot be turned off. and I believe it should not be turned off.
No sound if you cut off the power.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Ricky

@RickyC

You didn't answer, do the models mentioned use capacitors or batteries?

No, we don't provide batteries or capacitors here, currently.
that is due to the shipping issue. if you are not in Canada, you may see our batteries available.
I will try to find one locally for Canadian and US markets.
are those for parking mode?

Our dashcams support parking mode if you add a buck line.
1638985352173.png

If you have any good suggestions or ideas, please let me know.

Ricky

Could I recommend you post a night video on a clear day? It's hard to judge the true image quality of the camera under inclement weather. Daytime video appears superb.
I will do it as soon as possible for sure.
maybe tonight.
it is sunny day today in Vancouver.
Ricky

No, we don't provide batteries or capacitors here, currently.
that is due to the shipping issue. if you are not in Canada, you may see our batteries available.
I will try to find one locally for Canadian and US markets.
are those for parking mode?

Our dashcams support parking mode if you add a buck line.
View attachment 59253

If you have any good suggestions or ideas, please let me know.

Ricky
What's inside the camera, is there a battery or the cameras are powered using capacitors? I don't mean external batteries.

Or is it direct 12V power? If so, how does the system close and save the last file when power is cut?

What's inside the camera, is there a battery or the cameras are powered using capacitors? I don't mean external batteries.
Oh, sorry, Harsh.....
I don't know the answer.
I don't remember there is a built in battery or capacitor in those models except G4 5ch Dashcam.
If I unplug the cable, the unit shut off right away.
I will confirm it for you.

Ricky

No, we don't provide batteries or capacitors here, currently

With all due respect, it sounds like you don't have a key understanding about how all dash cams function. All dash cams have an internal lithium-ion battery or a super-capacitor which powers the camera for the brief period after the car's power is withdrawn so that the last file being recorded can be saved to the memory card with all of its data intact. An internal battery has been shown to be a poor option because of heat issues and reliability inside a hot car, so the capacitors are more desirable in modern dash cameras.

I suppose another alternative is that Hikvision dash cameras take a different approach to preserving the last file at shut down. If this is true we would all be very interested in hearing about it.

Edit: The issue of whether a dash cam has an internal battery or a capacitor is so important that most reputable dash cam manufacturers state this in their published specifications and having a super-capacitor is usually touted in their advertising. This issue came up because Hikvision doesn't mention this important information anywhere so far and it is something buyers will want to know.

Last edited:
As per your manual, Power supply - 5VDC, 2A, Power consumption - Maximum 5W.

Please do come back with an answer about the battery or capacitors inside the cameras.

Or is it direct 12V power? If so, how does the system close and save the last file when power is cut?
I don't see that is an issue.
With all due respect, it sounds like you don't have a key understanding about how all dash cams function. All dash cams have an internal lithium-ion battery or a super-capacitor which powers the camera for the brief period after the car's power is withdrawn so that the last file being recorded can be saved to the memory card with all of its data intact. An internal battery has been shown to be a poor option because of heat issues and reliability inside a hot car, so the capacitors are more desirable in modern dash cameras.

I suppose another alternative is that Hikvision dash cameras take an alternative approach to preserving the last file at shut down. If this is true we would all be very interested in hearing about it.

Edit: The issue of whether a dash cam has an internal battery or a capacitor is so important that most reputable dash cam manufacturers state this in their published specifications and having a super-capacitor is usually touted in their advertising. This issue came up because Hikvision doesn't mention this important information anywhere so far and it is something buyers will want to know.
Thanks a lot, Dashmellow!
I will confirm with R&D to see what we have inside.
Ricky

As per your manual, Power supply - 5VDC, 2A, Power consumption - Maximum 5W.

Please do come back with an answer about the battery or capacitors inside the cameras.
Let me find out. I did not notice that before. Haha

Back