Before I formally introduce 6 Hikvision 1600P Dashcams, Please check out demo videos below

Let me find out. I did not notice that before. Haha

What The Wtf GIF by MOODMAN

Let me find out. I did not notice that before. Haha

I say this politely, but for you to be a retailer and effectively sell the product you're marketing, you need to have an understanding of how the products work.

1. Dash cams use either a battery or supercapacitor after the camera powers off that provides a few seconds of energy, so the camera can properly exit the last file being written without corruption.

2. Dash cams that use a battery are often lower end models. Lithium Batteries don't fare well in heat, can expand, and eventually stop holding a charge. Shelf life isn't always great on batteries either. When the battery dies, the camera will then corrupt the last file being written, since the camera completely loses energy on powerloss. Batteries are a "cheaper option" and thus found in lower end cameras.

3. Supercapacitors are more expensive and are found in mid range to high end dashcams. They handle heat much better and don't suffer the same degradation and deterioration that a lithium battery faces. Thus, supercapacitors are better suited for dash cams because they are more weather resistant and hold the same charge each and every time. Meaning, supercapacitors simply age and eventually fail (Leaky caps), but typically have a very good shelf life before this happens.

These are just the basics. I mean the other things you need to familiarize yourself with is viewing angle, exposure, hardwiring, and compatible SD cards. If you don't know and familiarize yourself the product being marketed, you'll do a poor job of selling it.

Last edited:
I say this politely, but for you to be a retailer and effectively sell the product you're marketing, you need to have an understanding of how the products work.

1. Dash cams use either a battery or supercapacitor after the camera powers off that provides a few seconds of energy, so the camera can properly exit the last file being written without corruption.

2. Dash cams that use a battery are often lower end models. Lithium Batteries don't fare well in heat, can expand, and eventually stop holding a charge. When the battery dies, the camera will then corrupt the last file being written, since the camera completely loses energy on powerloss. Batteries are a "cheaper option" and thus found in lower end cameras.

3. Supercapacitors are more expensive and are found in mid range to high end dashcams. They handle heat much better, don't suffer the same degradation and deterioration that a lithium battery face. And won't lose charge over time. Supercapacitors simply age and eventually fail, but typically have a very good shelf life before failing.

These are just the basics. I mean the other things you need to familiarize yourself with is viewing angle, exposure, hardwiring, and compatible SD cards. If you don't know and familiarize yourself the product being marketed, you'll do a poor job of selling it.

Thanks, HonestReview,
I understand it now.
My background is Security camera industry.
But I believe I will learn Dashcams fast here.
I can become a good sales for Dashcams.
Thanks again for all of you.

In the end thats how i looked every time i turned on my TV, so my life have been TV free for a long while now.
Nowadays it is only my own bad decisions and stupidity that trigger the same, but as i learn constantly it is not so bad.

After visiting and shopping for my dear old mother today, on the way home in the afternoon darkness i had a melt down, and started to on the fly compose and sing a song about how stupid you have to be to not use the fog light on your car correct, which is pretty simple here, you can use it as driving light in the daytime ( minus other lights ) or you can use it in weather with severe loss of visibility.
But many just turn it on as they think they look cool with 4 / 6 bright lights on the front of their car, or if there have been just a tiny little light shower.

I now hope my cabin cameras footage are not leaked onto the internet, i was of course going on in English, and when i am really on the fly my language skills can take a tumble.

If you could send one to the UK I don’t mind pulling it apart to see what makes it tick [emoji3]

Thanks, HonestReview,
I understand it now.
My background is Security camera industry.
But I believe I will learn Dashcams fast here.
I can become a good sales for Dashcams.
Thanks again for all of you.

You're welcome.

Just imagine you're going into a marketing meeting with a company interested in carrying these cameras. You want to project your best game face and minimize having to say "I'll Have to get Back to You" on that one.

Your job as a Canadian Representative for the brand is to highlight why your product outpaces the competition. And listen to customer feedback. If you see customers stating the same problem or suggestion over and over, then you pass this feedback onto the engineers. No one expects you to have the technical prowess to institute these resolutions. That's why there are engineers. But knowing the product well enough to identify its strengths and weaknesses will go a long way towards promoting brand success.

I would highly suggest before launching these cameras that you get several into the hands of beta testers. You want these units heat tested, bug tested, and refined before releasing to the consumer. You only get one chance at first impressions, and you want that first impression to count.

You're welcome.

Just imagine you're going into a marketing meeting with a company interested in carrying these cameras. You want to project your best game face and minimize having to say "I'll Have to get Back to You" on that one.

Your job as a Canadian Representative for the brand is to highlight why your product outpaces the competition. And listen to customer feedback. If you see customers stating the same problem or suggestion over and over, then you pass this feedback onto the engineers. No one expects you to have the technical prowess to institute these resolutions. That's why there are engineers. But knowing the product well enough to identify its strengths and weaknesses will go a long way towards promoting brand success.

I would highly suggest before launching these cameras that you get several into the hands of beta testers. You want these units heat tested, bug tested, and refined before releasing to the consumer. You only get one chance at first impressions, and you want that first impression to count.

Totally agree.
Probably many "Well-Known Members" here know more than Dashcam sales.

2. Dash cams that use a battery are often lower end models. Lithium Batteries don't fare well in heat, can expand, and eventually stop holding a charge. Shelf life isn't always great on batteries either. When the battery dies, the camera will then corrupt the last file being written, since the camera completely loses energy on powerloss. Batteries are a "cheaper option" and thus found in lower end cameras.

3. Supercapacitors are more expensive and are found in mid range to high end dashcams. They handle heat much better and don't suffer the same degradation and deterioration that a lithium battery faces. Thus, supercapacitors are better suited for dash cams because they are more weather resistant and hold the same charge each and every time. Meaning, supercapacitors simply age and eventually fail (Leaky caps), but typically have a very good shelf life before this happens.

GNET cameras do not use a battery or capacitor in their cameras. Files are saved as soon as power is cut.

GNET cameras do not use a battery or capacitor in their cameras. Files are saved as soon as power is cut.
My experience with GNET is that they use a proprietary video format and the files are not readable on the computer without special software (the Mac version did not work which meant the only way I could get video was to export through the app to my phone, slow as). This might allow them to keep a file "unfinished" whereas with MP4 MOV if the file is cut half way through it is corrupted.

I don't think that's typical of most brands. Isn't Gnet a new entry into the dash cam market, too?

I wonder how this actually works. Because even writing on the fly, the file has to be exited once power is cut. So there must be some mechanism in place that permits the camera to close out the file before shutting down/

My experience with GNET is that they use a proprietary video format and the files are not readable on the computer without special software (the Mac version did not work which meant the only way I could get video was to export through the app to my phone, slow as). This might allow them to keep a file "unfinished" whereas with MP4 MOV if the file is cut half way through it is corrupted.

I have no clue how Gnet accomplishes this feat. Unless their proprietary format lets the file end at random without being corrupted. And that file is closed out upon copying it from their camera to your phone via the APP.

I mean I'd love to know the technical basis behind this achievement as it isn't typical of 99.9% of Dashcams on the market.

Correct. They use something called JDR. It was a while back when I tested the G-On, but yeah, you need certain players. I remember converting a file to .MOV just so I could see the bitrate.

Totally agree.
Probably many "Well-Known Members" here know more than Dashcam sales.

No Doubt, there are some very thorough testers and people who've been at it years and years on this forum. When or / if you get samples, I recommend doling out your supply sparingly via dashcamtalk. You're going to get honest, informative, and helpful feedback from members on this forum.

On the other hand, if you start advertising on reddit and places of similar ilk, you will 100% get positive feedback, but at the cost of your integrity and reputation. These members are more interested in getting future freebies and not pissing off manufacturers. This isn't productive, because it doesn't assist you with improving the product. If people tell you everything is "great", and nothing is ever perfect, then you aren't receiving constructive feedback. It's a waste of your resources and time.

The whole point of beta testing is to get the product ready for market to "Wow" the consumer. You don't want the consumer being the beta tester. Otherwise people get frustrated and jump ship elsewhere.

I have no clue how Gnet accomplishes this feat. Unless their proprietary format lets the file end at random without being corrupted. And that file is closed out upon copying it from their camera to your phone via the APP.

I mean I'd love to know the technical basis behind this achievement as it isn't typical of 99.9% of Dashcams on the market.
I believe they've been around for awhile now, but they were just manufacturing dash cameras for other brands. I know they manufacture for IRoad. Guess they decided to create their own line.

I believe they've been around for awhile now, but they were just manufacturing dash cameras for other brands. I know they manufacture for IRoad. Guess they decided to create their own line.

Did the cameras they manufactured for other brands use capacitors or batteries? Or did these cameras utilize that same proprietary JDR format? Any idea the technical side on how the file closes out on power loss without being corrupted?

Did the cameras they manufactured for other brands use capacitors or batteries? Or did these cameras utilize that same proprietary JDR format? Any idea the technical side on how the file closes out on power loss without being corrupted?
IRoad used JDR as well.

IRoad used JDR as well.

Very interesting. Although there appears to be significant benefit to the use of the JDR file format, there are significant downsides. Proprietary software to play the file and needing to convert the file to play outside of the Gnet Media Software. I imagine that converting the file format could be also considered altering the file since it isn't the original format recorded. @Dashmellow made a good point that businesses and organizations may be unwilling to install a 3rd party known software to play the original.

Food for thought. Although, the technical prowess of a JDR not being corrupted upon spontaneously ejecting the SD card or power loss is intriguing.

Very interesting. Although there appears to be significant benefit to the use of the JDR file format, there are significant downsides. Proprietary software to play the file and needing to convert the file to play outside of the Gnet Media Software. I imagine that converting the file format could be also considered altering the file since it isn't the original format recorded. @Dashmellow made a good point that businesses and organizations may be unwilling to install a 3rd party known software to play the original.

Food for thought. Although, the technical prowess of a JDR not being corrupted upon spontaneously ejecting the SD card or power loss is intriguing.
The A119V3 can be set for .ts, which closes the file upon power loss and won't corrupt the file.

The A119V3 can be set for .ts, which closes the file upon power loss and won't corrupt the file.

Viofo A119v3? Is that the only Viofo that supports .ts? Can .ts be played on any media player like vlc or does it again require proprietary software and conversion?

Back