Best Dash Cam Under $100?

runtohell121

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo & Vantrue - too many to list
Hello all,

I haven't been keep up to date on dash cam as I already have one which was the VF300W from Foxoffer last year. My friend saw mine and wanted to get one but I'm not sure what's the best value out there now. Any suggestions are welcome, just trying to find a good value one and buying from a reliable site also. Please provide links if possible on where to get them. Thanks!

I think that all new cameras with Ambarella A7 chip are the best right now.
Mini 0803 1296P 30FPS:
G90:
Eeyelog:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/131176105273
You have also all the cameras based on Novatek 96650 chip like GT680W, GT550WS, G1WH(50$).

How's the Mini 0803? Looks really nice and small. Good quality video at night? Though they're sold out on most models besides the ones with GPS in them.. and that starts at $100...

I would second the G90, however I'm having a difficult time in mounting the DC but still good. Most DC under a $100 don't have GPS, however it would be nice to have an option for it in the future.

Thanks for all the suggestion so far! So hard to decide as it isn't for me. If I was to buy a new one to replace the VF300W, most likely I'll get the Mini 0803. But for my friend would want to keep it as low budget as possibly for the best performance.

More suggestions are welcome! :D

Go to the comparison page to sort out the cameras under $100, then check into details for the ones your friend may like.

That would be easy for to make the best choose!

Watching Techmoan's review will help you the better understand the dashcam and the functions.

Yeah, I've been watching techmoan videos for a while. The Mini 0803 seems great. The G1W is probably the cheapest camera with decent quality. Can't find much about the A118.

Laws in our country prohibits to place display or "any device that has display" in the front part of the car. So I'm looking for DVR that has no display and in the same time has good specs(1080p 30fps, good quality, GPS(pref. 5Hz). who can suggest a good choice for price under $100?

Laws in our country prohibits to place display or "any device that has display" in the front part of the car. So I'm looking for DVR that has no display and in the same time has good specs(1080p 30fps, good quality, GPS(pref. 5Hz). who can suggest a good choice for price under $100?

I'm happy to be corrected, however, I don't believe that any such camera exists. The nearest you can get is Mobius, just do without GPS ... you'd probably soon get bored with it anyway.

If you can wait few month. There will be mini size, discrete mount, low profile dashcamera without screen but with gps within this budget ( maybe + 15-20 / max 30usd more ? )

If you can wait few month. There will be mini size, discrete mount, low profile dashcamera without screen but with gps within this budget ( maybe + 15-20 / max 30usd more ? )

Or buy a Mobius now and use it as a rear camera after the GPS enabled camera you crave becomes available. :)

Or buy a Mobius now and use it as a rear camera after the GPS enabled camera you crave becomes available. :)
also good idea, but mobius with supercaps would be preferrable.

also good idea, but mobius with supercaps would be preferrable.

Yes, supercaps! It's really the only method one should consider if using a Mobius in a vehicle. In fact, it seems the Mobius has become popular enough as a dash cam that the developer could do well offering a super-cap version ready to go. (Perhaps even with a B lens already installed too.)

Back