best option ?

davidwf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am sure it has been asked 1000's of times... but....what to buy ???

I want front and rear recording
Am not bothered with a large screen as it will always be off
Wi-fi would I guess be useful
Discreet so it doesn't get nicked
Not bothered by GPS
The ability to be able to read number plates would be useful
Don’t want a cheap one that will fail after a while or give rubbish results, I would rather spend a bit more now than regret not doing so later
Most important is (pretty obviously) clear footage !

Bewildered by the sheer choice available…..Google has reduced it to these (in no particular order)

Road Angel Halo Duo

Blackvue 16GB DR650GW-2CH

Vico Marcus 5 Dual

2 x Vico Marcus 3 extreme

2 x Transcend Drive Pro 200

The dual ones seem reasonable but I am wondering whether I would be better off with 2 separate ones (they would be easier to install too)

Am I correct in my assumption that the Vico Marcus 3 extreme which records at 60fps in full HD would give a far better picture ?...

Would appreciate any further advice you may be able to offer, plus of course any that I may have missed

Thanks

Last edited:
You might also consider how you plan to work with the footage. If you plan to just leave it on the cameras until an incident occurs, then separate units would be fine. I however, offload the footage every day, since I don't know when I might need that footage later, so a single card is easier for me to manage, especially if they're tiny microsd.

KuoH

The dual ones seem reasonable but I am wondering whether I would be better off with 2 separate ones (they would be easier to install too)

You might also consider how you plan to work with the footage. If you plan to just leave it on the cameras until an incident occurs, then separate units would be fine. I however, offload the footage every day, since I don't know when I might need that footage later, so a single card is easier for me to manage, especially if they're tiny microsd.

Thanks, I would be leaving it on the camera until needed

From dashcams you listed I have a very good experience with Transcend Drive Pro 200. Stable dashcam, good day and very good night video quality.
If size doesnt matter, then DP 200 is a good choice.

If you need something stealth, then you may consider 2x Panorama X1.

- Front set-up
- Rear ( DIY ) stealth set-up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back