Best place to buy 0806

Hey I really appreciate you guys help, but I'm wasting a whole lot of your time, I think I should put this away for now .
hehe... okay. maybe it'll work tomorrow.

dn't have seen it.
Not sure what's happening.
Those drives should have stayed.

You either have to try a different card or diff reader.

This card reader has only been used once before, I got it from Best Buy if that means anything. At least I'm glad I seen that pop up for a split second, now I at least have an idea what you guys are talking about. If I would have blinked I would not have seen it. But now I know what I should be seeing. The pop up came doing it with the card in the camera.

So JooVuu lied about shipping my 0806 this Friday. Any one know if their support also takes 3 weeks off to celebrate New Years or is the customer support not located in China?

Thanks, I ordered from their US site so I wasn't sure where exactly the support ticketing system folks are located as that's who I was dealing with.

I'm not sure how they manage the distribution in the US but support is definitely done from England, they're in GMT 0 timezone so replies back and forth might take a bit, they have had some server issues just recently which seemed to put them out of action for the best part of a week, not sure if their support ticketing system was impacted or not but they have been suffering more than their fair share of gremlins lately

hehe... okay. maybe it'll work tomorrow.

Success ! Thank You jokin and Sunny. I opened and tried the second card I bought just now and it worked , I formatted it with the card reader on the computer. I didn't understand what you were talking about last night because nothing was showing up in my computer, this morning with the different card it worked immediately, so now I know exactly what you were trying to tell me last night. Now after I was able to format this second card, the red slash circle is not there anymore over the card icon. I bought those cards last week from Amazon, but to tell the truth I possibly messed up the other card by putting (trying to) it in wrong at first. Anyhow, because of you two guys help last night I now know a whole lot more than I did before you guys helped me. Now all I have to do is go for a test drive to see how good it works. Thanks again !

If you have a micro USB phone charger, you can take videos inside the house as a test.

Anyway, CPL is recommended for better image quality although slight price increase.
we may consider to make CPL as a standard accessory instead of optional accessory.
what is your thought?

Yes, please include it in the standard package. For your target market of users buying this kind of dashcam, it will be convenient to have this included. Some sellers don't seem to offer the CPL as a separate accessory and I want to buy the dashcam and CPL together to minimize shipping costs. Those sellers that don't offer the CPL are off my list. So it will benefit your sellers to include this. I don't mind a slight price increase of $5-$10.

If you have a micro USB phone charger, you can take videos inside the house as a test.

Good idea. I just came back from a test drive, it seemed to be working, now how do I see it on the computer ? When I went to "computer" the card said 25.4 free of 29.5 , does that sound right, shouldn't it be 32 GB, instead of 29.5 ? It seems like I used quite a bit of the card and I probably only was driving for about a half hour, or maybe 40 minutes. If I hook it up to the USB phone charger can I see what was recorded on the camera when I took the test drive ?

Hey everyone, I just registered on the site. I'm actually very new to dash cams and started looking into them the past couple days. At first, I started looking at the G1W-C, which I saw is recommended as a good value at lots of web sites. After doing more research and watching videos, I found the Mini line of dash cams and here I am now seriously considering the 0806. For its small size, low profile and seemingly improved video quality, I'm willing to pay a little extra to get the better product. I'm glad to see that there's a lot of activity on these forums to have a good user community and manufacturers/retailers are active here too.

So I got some questions on purchasing and the product itself. I'm looking to buy 1 0806 first, try it out, and if I like it, I'll buy 2 more.

1. I'm based in the USA and would prefer buying from a USA retailer in case a return needs to be made as it will be easier/less costly for return shipping. It seems the best options for me are JOOVOO (https://www.joovuu.com/usa/car-cameras/mini-0806-includes-gps-and-cpl-filter-as-standard), Spytec (), or Amazon.com (https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00S556AQU, where the seller is Spytec). Wondering which one is recommended (any other options?). It seems that JOOVOO has the best price as they include the CPL filter. However, I've been reading the forum threads and there seems to be some support/fulfillment issues with buying from JOOVOO. Also, I read a post where someone said that JOOVOO will offer a coupon to get the hard wire kit for free, but I didn't see any follow-up or this promo being active. On Amazon.com, the CPL filter is not offered either in a package or as a separate accessory. Spytecinc.com would be more expensive than JOOVOO at about $139 (to get the camera with GPS and CPL).

2. I saw there's some posts about making sure to at least get a camera from the 2nd batch. Is it confirmed which retailers from above are selling from the 2nd batch? I think I saw some posts about a 3rd batch coming out in March, but can't find them now. Is it confirmed there will be a 3rd batch and if so, what will be different about it? I'm willing to wait about another month or so if the product will be more mature later.

3. Is there a warranty on the camera? It is provided by the manufacturer or retailer? Only warranty information I could find is 90 day warranty stated at .

4. So I see the Mini camera use a 3M adhesive to stick to the windshield. Are there any issues with the camera falling off the windshield? I'm concerned that an adhesive is not strong enough to securely mount the camera, but maybe the camera is light enough that this isn't a concern? Is there any option to mount the camera on the post of the rear view mirror? That seems like the most secure way to mount.

5. Is the GPS logger feature worth it? I see it costs $10 extra (looks like the camera is the same with or without the option, but you get a different mount that supports GPS) so it seems like a no brainer to get at this price level. But wondering how well it works. According to http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-dash-cam/, they actually recommend not to get any GPS feature because the camera could store information that could be used against you???

6. Regarding the hard wire kit, how easy is this to install? I've never hard wired anything in cars so I have no experience with this kind of job. Is it easy enough for a lay person like myself to do (any good instructions or videos for this out there?) or this requires a trained person like at an auto shop? (I have a 2011 Ford Fusion.) Or is there car charger good enough to use (is the cable long enough to route along the edges of the car to hide the cable from view)?

7. What is the "Parking Guard Mount and Recording Mode (Supplementary Accessory)" feature? Do I need to buy some extra option to get this or this is some feature that would be provided in a future firmware?

Thanks for help on these questions and look forward to learning more about this camera.

Good idea. I just came back from a test drive, it seemed to be working, now how do I see it on the computer ? When I went to "computer" the card said 25.4 free of 29.5 , does that sound right, shouldn't it be 32 GB, instead of 29.5 ? It seems like I used quite a bit of the card and I probably only was driving for about a half hour, or maybe 40 minutes. If I hook it up to the USB phone charger can I see what was recorded on the camera when I took the test drive ?
Yes, use card reader or plug dashcam to the computer.
As I said earlier 32gb will show around 29gb.
You used around 4GB for 40 minutes.
Plug it in the computer and open the disk, you'll see videos under NORMAL folder.

Phone charger will start taking videos, unless you stop and go to playback mode as mentioned in manual but connecting to computer will be easier for you.

Hey everyone, I just registered on the site. I'm actually very new to dash cams and started looking into them the past couple days. At first, I started looking at the G1W-C, which I saw is recommended as a good value at lots of web sites. After doing more research and watching videos, I found the Mini line of dash cams and here I am now seriously considering the 0806. For its small size, low profile and seemingly improved video quality, I'm willing to pay a little extra to get the better product. I'm glad to see that there's a lot of activity on these forums to have a good user community and manufacturers/retailers are active here too.

So I got some questions on purchasing and the product itself. I'm looking to buy 1 0806 first, try it out, and if I like it, I'll buy 2 more.

1. I'm based in the USA and would prefer buying from a USA retailer in case a return needs to be made as it will be easier/less costly for return shipping. It seems the best options for me are JOOVOO (https://www.joovuu.com/usa/car-cameras/mini-0806-includes-gps-and-cpl-filter-as-standard), Spytec (), or Amazon.com (https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00S556AQU, where the seller is Spytec). Wondering which one is recommended (any other options?). It seems that JOOVOO has the best price as they include the CPL filter. However, I've been reading the forum threads and there seems to be some support/fulfillment issues with buying from JOOVOO. Also, I read a post where someone said that JOOVOO will offer a coupon to get the hard wire kit for free, but I didn't see any follow-up or this promo being active. On Amazon.com, the CPL filter is not offered either in a package or as a separate accessory. Spytecinc.com would be more expensive than JOOVOO at about $139 (to get the camera with GPS and CPL).

2. I saw there's some posts about making sure to at least get a camera from the 2nd batch. Is it confirmed which retailers from above are selling from the 2nd batch? I think I saw some posts about a 3rd batch coming out in March, but can't find them now. Is it confirmed there will be a 3rd batch and if so, what will be different about it? I'm willing to wait about another month or so if the product will be more mature later.

3. Is there a warranty on the camera? It is provided by the manufacturer or retailer? Only warranty information I could find is 90 day warranty stated at .

4. So I see the Mini camera use a 3M adhesive to stick to the windshield. Are there any issues with the camera falling off the windshield? I'm concerned that an adhesive is not strong enough to securely mount the camera, but maybe the camera is light enough that this isn't a concern? Is there any option to mount the camera on the post of the rear view mirror? That seems like the most secure way to mount.

5. Is the GPS logger feature worth it? I see it costs $10 extra (looks like the camera is the same with or without the option, but you get a different mount that supports GPS) so it seems like a no brainer to get at this price level. But wondering how well it works. According to http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-dash-cam/, they actually recommend not to get any GPS feature because the camera could store information that could be used against you???

6. Regarding the hard wire kit, how easy is this to install? I've never hard wired anything in cars so I have no experience with this kind of job. Is it easy enough for a lay person like myself to do (any good instructions or videos for this out there?) or this requires a trained person like at an auto shop? (I have a 2011 Ford Fusion.) Or is there car charger good enough to use (is the cable long enough to route along the edges of the car to hide the cable from view)?

7. What is the "Parking Guard Mount and Recording Mode (Supplementary Accessory)" feature? Do I need to buy some extra option to get this or this is some feature that would be provided in a future firmware?

Thanks for help on these questions and look forward to learning more about this camera.

I'd rather wait for 4th, 5th batch.
Looks like 2nd batch also has issues.

I'd rather wait for 4th, 5th batch.
Looks like 2nd batch also has issues.
As with any product there will be a process of continuous improvement as the production team learn how to make them more and more reliably!

The 1st batch had quite a few issues, the 2nd batch is definitely better and given that it is a much bigger batch I'm not sure that the few issues we have seen are that significant except to the few unlucky people to get them. Just make sure you buy it from someone who you can easily return it to if there are issues, the majority are fine.

The 3M adhesive is far more than strong enough, it is quite hard to remove the mount when you want to!

The GPS can be switched off so if you are not sure you want it, get it anyway and turn it off if you don't like it, nearly everyone keeps it on and at least logs the data for their eyes only. Of course if you don't break the law then you don't need to worry anyway!

Hardwire kit - cables are long enough for most vehicles, if you know nothing of electrics then maybe find someone who does but if you can use a screwdriver and wire a household plug then it is not much more complex.

"7. What is the "Parking Guard Mount and Recording Mode (Supplementary Accessory)" feature? Do I need to buy some extra option to get this or this is some feature that would be provided in a future firmware?"
Parking Guard records video while the car is parked, in order to avoid filling the memory card with pointless video it only records after detecting an impact on the G-Sensor, the Parking Guard Mount has an extra connection to permanent power so that it can also record continuously at a low frame rate so that nothing gets missed but it also doesn't fill the cards up. Currently the mount is not available, when it is there will be a firmware update to go with it.

Spytecinc.com / JOOVOO - I'm sure they both have problems but also many happy customers, a few people complain, sometimes with good reason, sometimes because they are impatient. With Joovuu you can always complain on here and things will get sorted reasonably quickly!

Summary so far, with sellers in alphabetical order. Price shown is for the GPS model with CFL included in US dollars, except where noted otherwise. I did this for my own research when deciding. Didn't check shipping since it varies for everyone - anyone selling within Australia, let me know. ;)

Aliexpress - $149.00
-- (not selling hardwire kit?)

Blackboxed - CAD$ 168.00
-- hardwire kit + CAD$15.00

Diggcams - $118.98 (no ssl encryption)
-- hardwire kit +$3.99

Foxoffer - $129.40
-- hardwire kit +$3.99

Gearbest - $113.00 (using coupon code G2015)
-- (not selling hardwire kit?)

Joovoo USA - $130.00
-- hardwire kit +$12.00

Spytec - $138.90
-- hardwire kit +$8.95

Pending accessory not yet released: "Parking guard mount", for reduced recording when vehicle is unattended.
-- Is there a release date for this?
-- Will existing owners be able to set parking mode without needing to buy the custom mount later on?

(any other suppliers and/or if there's any typos, just let me know and I'll edit the post)

Last edited:
"7. What is the "Parking Guard Mount and Recording Mode (Supplementary Accessory)" feature? Do I need to buy some extra option to get this or this is some feature that would be provided in a future firmware?"
Parking Guard records video while the car is parked, in order to avoid filling the memory card with pointless video it only records after detecting an impact on the G-Sensor, the Parking Guard Mount has an extra connection to permanent power so that it can also record continuously at a low frame rate so that nothing gets missed but it also doesn't fill the cards up. Currently the mount is not available, when it is there will be a firmware update to go with it.

I thought the current 0806 mount already has a micro USB port. Is the extra connection on the parking guard mount something different than this? Also, is it known whether future batches will include the parking guard mount as a standard accessory (perhaps replacing the current mount) or whether it will have to be purchased separately?

Back