Best place to buy 0806

card in the card reader, plug into PC, browse my computer, right click the drive the memory card shows up as and choose format

if it has a formatting error it may prompt you to format when you plug it in

When I came home after trying it in the car I put the card in the card reader to see if anything at all was on it, and I did what you are telling me to do, but I couldn't see where the card was. in any drive etc, I'm not that computer literate

I have the card in the card reader but I don't see anything that says format

Go to you computer and find the drive for that card:
It'll say something like 29gb for a 32gb card.

Add_Items_in_My_Computer_Window.png

Once you know which one is that, right click on it and format.
Make sure to format the card and not other drives as it'll delete everything in that drive.
You can open the drive first and see if it has the folders as I showed before for the dashcam folders NORMAL, EVENT etc...

Okay this is what's going on.
When I had empty mini connected to PC, the 'USB connecting' will be there and nothing will show up in the PC as there is no card.
I connected mini with a card in it and it works fine in PC as a new drive.
What's happening in yours is because it never read the card so it is acting as empty.
You have to fix that red circle first to be able to do anything so follow what jokiin says to format card outside the dashcam.
Or if you have another card, even if it's small, try it.

Once it's done, it'll look like this and video files will be in 'NORMAL' folder or 'EVENT' if you had any bad bumps:

View attachment 11287

Also, the disk drive letter may be different in your PC.

Okay I'll try I have a Hewlett Packard about 6 months old, an all in one, if that means anything I'm gonna try now

And if the card reader also doesn't show the card in your PC, your card is messed up.

Go to you computer and find the drive for that card:
It'll say something like 29gb for a 32gb card.

Add_Items_in_My_Computer_Window.png

Once you know which one is that, right click on it and format.
Make sure to format the card and not other drives as it'll delete everything in that drive.
You can open the drive first and see if it has the folders as I showed before for the dashcam folders NORMAL, EVENT etc...

Okay I'll see if I can figure it out

When I came home after trying it in the car I put the card in the card reader to see if anything at all was on it, and I did what you are telling me to do, but I couldn't see where the card was. in any drive etc, I'm not that computer literate

Only me and my wife and cat, and I know way more than they do

And if the card reader also doesn't show the card in your PC, your card is messed up.

Okay I went where you guys told me and I s ee the selection format there but it d oes not say what to format, it was a drop down for drive C, and one for D

Okay I went where you guys told me and I s ee the selection format there but it d oes not say what to format, it was a drop down for drive C, and one for D
you need to make sure it's listed as a removable disk before you go formatting anything

If I have the card in the card reader and it's plugged into the computer what does it do pop up on the screen showing the card ?

Post a screenshot.
C is your hard drive. DO NOT FORMAT IT.
D may be your CD drive or something else.

You can stay on the computer drives' window and take the card reader out and then put it back in. It should show up if it reads the card as a new drive there.

you need to make sure it's listed as a removable disk before you go formatting anything

I don't think it's anything removable, I just bought this computer in the last year And I didn't add anything to it

Post a screenshot.

You can stay on the computer drives' window and take the card reader out and then put it back in. It should show up if it reads the card as a new drive there.

Okay I'll go back and try that, unplug and replug

Post a screenshot.

All I see is C and D drives, and when I drop down D drive there are 12 things in the drop down, and one of them is format, but I don't see anything that says anything about the card

Post a screenshot.

My D drive says Recovery Image

My D drive says Recovery Image
That's not the microSD card.
Looks like your card is not readable if you can't read from card reader.

I wonder how you formatted it in the card in the first place if it's not readable?
Something is amiss here.

I wonder how you formatted it in the card in the first place if it's not readable?
Something is amiss here.

Okay I just put the card back in the camera, then went to computer and plugged it (the camera) into the computer and two drives popped up for a split second then disappeared

Something is amiss here.

I have another new card not opened yet, do you think I should try that one ?

Not sure what's happening.
Those drives should have stayed.

You either have to try a different card or diff reader.

Back