Best place to purchase SG DC? Quickest shipping? Also what fuse?

Damn Dirty Ape

Reaction score
Country
United States
I see Amazon has it and Pier28. Any difference in where one purchases? Quickest to ship? Looking to purchase as soon as Monday.

Also what fuse size for an add-a-circuit?

The official SG are on Amazon.us, not sure if there are any bogus sellers there,,, i dont think so.
Shipping time should be good, it have been praised a few times in here at least.

The camera should not draw nore than 1A or so, not sure if you can get that small car fuses, personally i used a 5 A when i did a hardwire for my friend as he wanted to have his cigarette plug free for other things.

Sorry for the presumption - they have carried in the past so I presumed. oops.

Would it be ok to use a larger circuit with the tap?

Sorry for the presumption - they have carried in the past so I presumed. oops.

Would it be ok to use a larger circuit with the tap?

no problem, they did used to carry the product

you would generally tap a larger circuit, 5A fuse is plenty for the dashcam, the original fuse used for whichever circuit used should be retained

yes you do not want to put the camera inline with other things, but branching off other things fuse will be fine.
With the fuse taps the fuse you have removed in the fuse box you put in the piggyback fuse thingy, and then you add the fuse for the camera above the other fuse.
88-QTAP-500x500.jpg

Amazon will be the quickest and easiest for most. We sell and ship these direct as well via the new .CAM USA site. (See profile)

yes you do not want to put the camera inline with other things, but branching off other things fuse will be fine.
With the fuse taps the fuse you have removed in the fuse box you put in the piggyback fuse thingy, and then you add the fuse for the camera above the other fuse.
88-QTAP-500x500.jpg

That's how I had my soon-to-be-replaced cam in a prior vehicle. Thanks for the extra clarification!

Back