Big drive 05-07- 2017

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Going for a big drive tomorrow, will pick up my nice and her new puppy, and then we go for a massive driveabout in the northern part of Jutland.

On this map i have marked out the rough route, but i will do my best to get out there on the little roads.

k%C3%B8retur.jpg

I will leave home at 7 in the morning, and i assume the drive will end some time in the afternoon.
There will be some walking too, so both humans and the little dog should be tired when we get home.

The whole shebang will off course be filmed for the curious about Denmark people out there :)
And there will also be heavy use of my Nikon Dslr for highlighting the nice things in 20 mpix glory.

Lots of footage to come, so stay tuned.

Nice one ... Yes ... I am one of those curious people who will be looking forward to seeing some Danish Countryside .. and the new puppy ...

Yeah Baby!! :D

Last edited:
Just traced the rough route on google maps, it will be a 613 Km / 380 miles, and driving non stop it should take us 8.5 hours

So no doubt i will have to split up this drive, and speed up the end result footage,,,,, o and i better put in a bigger memorycard in the SJ6 Legend i will be using in the windscreen :D

Which Dash Cam are you using on the front and rear for your journey?
Looks like you have a few there ... so just wondering ... Do us viewers get a vote?

I vote for the SG9665GC on the front :D

Didn't your SJ6 suffer a fatal dive?

It did, BUT Sjcams kindly replaced it, and added the SJ6 air to the parcel too :cool:

I will be logging the journey with the Sj6 legend filming 1080/30 and narrow FOV, and tonight i will see if i can mod my suction cup mount so i can get the camera closer to the windscreen.

For journey logging i really feel the wide angle of dashcameras are less optimal, i would prefer to not have any A- pillars or dashbord in the footage.
The Sj6 Legend and using narrow FOV are still a bit on the wide side, but its the best option i have, and as my other recent drive videos indicate its not too bad.

My plan are to upscale the 1080p footage to 4K in post production so youtube should go more easy on it as it often just murder good original footage as you can see in my example here.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...g-through-the-grand-canyon.29549/#post-346215

I dont know why youtube do that stuff, the original video walking that dog are pretty fine, but youtube just turn it into a periodical Minecraft nightmare.

It will be nice to see when done, I have driven extensively all over most of europe will bring back some nice memories and some funny ones.

Okay after wrestling with my pinnacle studio 20 ultimate for some time i am finally ready to output some footage from this lengthy drive.
I have found that using 1080/30 instead of 60 FPS seem to leave the footage worse, but i am in the process of trying to remedy that now and output the first 1 hour of this drive ( speed up to 12 minutes )

Stand by to be ready to jump into the little red camera car for a trip around Jutland.
PS. You are required to bring your own music for the drive as i dont have copyright for any good music.

Okay part one is ready, this feature the drive between Ans and Hagebro.

Karup river was getting its "hair cut" when we was there, the river is about a stone throw from where i park my car.

"Hair cut" meaning trimming of plants along the edge of the river that otherwise block waterflow and so might flood farmers fields.
Its a real pain in the behind if you are fishing, then again Karup river this time of the year you would want to fish at sunrise or sunset + a hour or 2 on the dark side.

Anyway here is a picture of the "hairdresser" and this if the gentle way some places they use massive machines that just rear up the streams.
_DSC0086_big_thumb.JPG

Big pic link: http://peecee.dk/upload/view/468003/full

Last edited:
Still fighting my editing software, and just to let any philanthropists visiting the forum know, my computer need a update badly :(
But part #2 are now uploaded.

This will take us from the Gas station at Hagebro up past the town of Struer ( Home of Bang & Olufsen ) and further North West towards the Area called Thy.

It is said 1/5 of all ( 10375 ) people in Struer work at B&O

Last edited:
Part #3 just uploaded, this take us the last stretch and almost to the waters edge in the town of Norre Vorupor on the westcoast.

Not much else go on we stop for me to take a leak and end up where my blonde co-driver need to take a leak too, and you know those girls not as well equipped for random leaking like us boys :)

the town of Struer

There is a kayak builder in this town, there can build some of the finest competition wood kayak in the world.
Trust me. There glide like an arrow in the water.
IMG_0983_2048x.JPG

topgraphic-stranger_2048x.jpeg

The ultimate competition kayak for lightweight paddlers (60 - 80 kg.).
Built as it is of the finest materials, it has an incomparable directional stability, and with the first and decisive stroke when you leave the starting position, you'll feel your Stranger accelerate like no other.
Finely tuned to the finest detail and adapted to current international design rules for competition kayaks, you will note that there is the smallest possible loss of energy in the power transfer from paddle to kayak.
From the crack of the starting pistol to crossing the finishing line, the uncompromising quality of the craftsmanship and the 60 years of experience in Struer in designing the fastest kayaks in the world are your key to success.
Owning a Stranger will inevitably have you feeling like a Winner.

Lenght: 520 cm. Width: 42 cm. Weight app.: 11 kg. Athlete weight: 60 - 80 kg.

Price in EU country (incl. VAT): 3.650 Euro
Proce in non-EU country(ex. VAT): 2.920 Euro

Years ago there was also a Guy in Silkeborg that made some mighty fine wooden canoos of the multi person kind they use for rentals on the Gudenaa river.
Sadly all the rental canoos are now ALU

Okay Part #4 is up, this will take us from where part#3 end up past Klitmoller ( on the left and not right as i say in video its also on the beach )
The journey proceed further North where we find the town of Hanstholm where we do a 180 on the harbor and then leave at once.
We drive on for a little while towards the very top of Jutland, but that will have to wait for part #5

Sorry about leaving you roadside like that in a foreign country, but fear not no bad people out here, worst off some one will try to make you a born again Christian, or maybe invite you to dinner.
And after all its good weather too :D

I took these pics of the Norwegian guys ( and their mother driver i think ) flying RC gliders off the dunes, nice folks (y)

View south from dune top.
_DSC0124_big_thumb.JPG

Full size. http://peecee.dk/uploads/072017/_DSC0124.JPG

View North from Dune top.
_DSC0123_big_thumb.JPG

Full size. http://peecee.dk/uploads/072017/_DSC0123.JPG

Having fun using the wind and not much more.
_DSC0121_big_thumb.JPG

Full size. http://peecee.dk/uploads/072017/_DSC0121.JPG

Glider #2.
_DSC0119_big_thumb.JPG

Full size. http://peecee.dk/uploads/072017/_DSC0119.JPG

This last pic is taking pretty much facing west, next stop in the background is Aberdeen Scotland 638 Km / 396 miles from the beach in Denmark.

Some internet pics from this area found on the interweb.

vejviser_traeskilte_br_0.jpg

This boat are not beached or rather it is, on the westcoast we Dahes have the last true shore fishermen that drag their little boats up on the beach after fishing.
maxresdefault.jpg

windsurfer-klitmoeller.jpg

hm_84_traekkes_op_paa_stranden.jpg

Its not really the best place to go swimming, due to colder than elsewhere water and also outgoing currents, there are lifeguards in place the popular places.
ImageGen.ashx

sondervig.png

There are even some WW2 NAZI bunkers around the beach build by the Nazis as part of their Atlantic wall, most are ruined and closed but i hear one have been converted into a award winning museum
http://www.archdaily.com/449844/big-set-to-build-blavand-bunker-museum.

Hope you enjoyed the ride, next we will go to the top of Jutland, or almost i was too tired as i dident sleep before the ride and we had a 9 week old puppy along for the ride, so the last Km from the visitor center to the actual top was not made.

Last edited:
Part 5 are live now, no text in it cuz for some weird reason that now make my editing software load black screen instead of some of the text overlays i have made.
And since it take me a multitude of tried to get a output file from my pinnacle studio 20 ultimate then i have decided to stop here.

There was a little photo session on the rest stop, so here are a few pictures from that.
high_five_lille.jpg

Milo and his mom.
Milo_og_mor.jpg

Last edited:
Part #6 just went live, just transit video bringing us damn close to our goal on the top of Jutland.

Part #7 just went live, we finally reach our goal for the drive ( via a massive detour )
My plan was to walk the last bit of way to the very tip of Jutland and do some recording with a camera on a selfie pole, but i had not been able to sleep before this drive as at the time up there i had been awake for 30 hours and i was pretty tired, and also we had the 9 week old puppy on tow too, i am sure Milos little legs would not have liked that 1/2 mile or so walk.

I did snap a few still photos up there, and i will add a few found on the internet to spice up this post even more.

Looking north from a dune at the visitor center, as you can see its not that far to the very end.
off in the distance, directly North you will find the Norwegian town of Oslo, if you feel like it the swim are 239,23 km (148,65 mi)
If you swin directely East you end up in the Swedish town of Goteborg, it is a shorter swim with 82,33 km (51,16 mi)

While Denmark are up North on the globe, if you go to Norway or Sweden both of those country's stretch another 1000 Km to the north, even up past the arctic circle.
_DSC0271_big_thumb.JPG

Full size pic: http://peecee.dk/uploads/072017/_DSC0271.JPG

Looking south from the same location.
_DSC0275_big_thumb.JPG

Full size pic: http://peecee.dk/uploads/072017/_DSC0275.JPG

Looking East.
_DSC0276_big_thumb.JPG

Full size pic: http://peecee.dk/uploads/072017/_DSC0276.JPG

Bonus internet pictures from the area.
10419264.jpg

Some of the signature Skagen houses with the white trim on the roof tiles.
csm_PEN_5726_d19ac80b58.jpg

Skagen was a favorite plce among Danish painters, some of the most expensive Danish artwork are painted up here.

Two pictures painted by P.S. Kroyer ( 1851 - 1909 )

1288-330x213.jpg

dep-2-330x557.jpg

Skagen was also the summer retreat for other artists of the period, not just painters hanging out up there.

grenen-skagen.jpg

Also up there you will find Robjerg mile, that's a huge pile of sand slowly being blown across the tip of Jutland, traveling from West to East.
Totally preserved off course so not the Danish Version of Glamis, but you can take a walk there, and some fauna are only found around there.
You can male it out in this areal picture.
raabjerg_mile.jpg

155164_RaabjergMile.jpg

You can also find a church where most of it is buried in the drifting sands.
Skagen-49762.jpg

Next episode will see us tear ass down the E45 motorway, i will have to own you some more scenic routes but i have trips planned around the middle of Jutland and i will also have to go a little south.

Episode #8 just went live, jump on board and have a high speed experience driving a Danish motorway named E45 ( okay not full speed as the cars overtaking me indicate, 110 km/h are fine for me, driving 130 km/h i might as well drill a 4 mm hole in my gas tank )

Just wondering - Is Milo a Dog or a Cat?

What micro SD card are you using?
No idea whether it is the cause - only there is quite a bit of pixelating going on there above the end of your Car bonnet on the road surface

Last edited:
Back