BlackboxMyCar PowerCell 8 Test & Review PP

That output cable selection window you show is the same one I used to pick my cable. Yes it does say "spliced".
The "splice" we are refering to is allegedly between the PC8 4 pin Molex and the 12V/5V adapter box.
I can say after working as an electrical design engineer for 35 years I have never seen a "spliced cable" as uniform as this one and we built to military specifications. I am not seeing or feeling any change in insulation thickness or bulging along the cable in question, it appears to be extremely uniform. If there is a splice in there, its built to perfection. I have inspected under the ferrite core but don't want to mess with it. Maybe the commercial world has leap frogged us, it would not be the first time, IDK. We tended to favor reliability over pushing the edge of technology. I'm just going to assume there is the best splice in there I've never seen or they source to a different spec from VIOFO.

I have confirmed pin 1 of the PC8 is in fact CONSTANT POWER as you documented. After reviewing your top rate videos and discussions I had no doubt of your accuracy.

It's almost worth the $25 to order another "spliced" cable and perform some destructive testing!

Last edited:
Back