Blackvue 750X hardwire kit not powering the camera

RacingSnake

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
I've just bought a 750x 2ch to replace my old 550 2ch which died a couple of years ago and I didn't do anything about it.
I was initially hoping to just swap out the camera and leave the wiring in place (I had the PMP hard wired in and always worked fine), but the cig power pin is a different size.

I tried the cig power in the PMP socket and it didn't work, which I thought was odd, but then read that the 750x has it's own built in voltage protection, so decided to remove the pmp.
I tested the cig power in the actual cigarette socket and it all worked and powered up fine.

I put the hardwire kit into the same fuse ports as the PMP was and I can't get it to work.

The ACC+ is going to the cig socket fuse (the same one that works), the Batt+ is going to a spare perm live on the fuse box, and it's earthed to the fuse box mounting bolt. (all the same as when I had the PMP working).

I used a volt meter and confirmed that I have power coming from these fuses, and indeed have power to the 'tip' of the hardwire cable.
So I'm at a complete loss as to why it works with the cigarette socket power cable, and not the hardwire cable when they both have full power?

(car is a 2012 evoque, using fuse 52 for ACC+ and 64 for perm)

Any ideas?

Back