Blackvue B124X 100% charged, but… no usage time & turns off

Hekate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

As per title, I bought an unused Blackvue B124X, I’ve had it professionally fitted, but have the following issue..,

Twice I have got the battery 100% charged, but it shows no usage time & turns off when I turn the car off, which obviously defeats the purpose of it! I wasn’t getting much recording time due to my power magic pro turning it off, I thought the battery would get me over this problem.

I’m hoping it’s something simple!?

Thanks in advance

What do you mean Power Magic Pro? If you're using the B124X, you don't need a PMP. How do you have everything wired together exactly?

Also which dashcam are you using? Certain brands flip the red/yellow wires for the always on and ignition triggered wires between the battery and the dashcam and so it's possible that if your installer simply matched the wire colors, he wired it incorrectly which would explain parking recording not working properly.

Last edited:
The "Dashcam" output power port on the B-124X has the same pin layout as many of the other EGEN produced dash camera battery packs. Make sure the dash camera's hardwire cable is connected correctly based on the power type and not necessarily the wire color (except GND is always black in this connections).

From left-to-right the pins in the "Dashcam" connection port are:
  • Pin 1: Constant Power
  • Pin 2: Accessory Power
  • Pin 3: Ground
1719356128802.png1719356140474.png

Contact the professional fitter who fitted it to professionally address the issue.

What do you mean Power Magic Pro? If you're using the B124X, you don't need a PMP. How do you have everything wired together exactly?

Also which dashcam are you using? Certain brands flip the red/yellow wires for the always on and ignition triggered wires between the battery and the dashcam and so it's possible that if your installer simply matched the wire colors, he wired it incorrectly which would explain parking recording not working properly.
I meant the power magic pro I used before kept cutting off my car battery at set voltage, the B124X was so I could avoid this and have longer recording sessions. It’s just the battery pack installed and the camera. I’ll get in touch with the shop

I meant the power magic pro I used before kept cutting off my car battery at set voltage, the B124X was so I could avoid this and have longer recording sessions. It’s just the battery pack installed and the camera. I’ll get in touch with the shop
DR900X dashcam

The "Dashcam" output power port on the B-124X has the same pin layout as many of the other EGEN produced dash camera battery packs. Make sure the dash camera's hardwire cable is connected correctly based on the power type and not necessarily the wire color (except GND is always black in this connections).

From left-to-right the pins in the "Dashcam" connection port are:
  • Pin 1: Constant Power
  • Pin 2: Accessory Power
  • Pin 3: Ground
View attachment 72965View attachment 72966
Thanks, but if the battery was at 100% charge, why would it then just empty when I turn the car off, I thought it would hold at least some charge, but it starts at 0% again when I start the car

Thanks all for your feedback, camera not coming on was a loose connection

Battery however drops from 100% whenever I turn car off and starts a recharge cycle from 0% when I start up, I’m thinking it’s a suspect battery [bought as open but new/unused from ebay] so will look to get £ returned. Thanks again

What did the professional fitter advise?

What did the professional fitter advise?
To check the cigarette lighter connection, which it was. He’s not an expert on the battery but it’s all wired correctly, Blackvue support suggested the battery was duff

Ok doesn't sound very professional, hope it gets fixed

Back