BlackVue B130X Discharging Quickly

jerryguan

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello!

How normal is it for the BlackVue Battery Packs to discharge?

I usually drive home, then turn the battery off as I park in a private garage and don't need monitoring.
I've never checked but recently I've noticed that when I get in the car a few days later, then turn on the battery, it's been depleted.
I did another test where I charged it to 70%, turned the battery off, then returned 7 hours later to find the battery is at 60%.

Is this normal for these kind of batteries?

BlackVue B-130X Hard Wired
BlackVue DR900X-2CH-PLUS

Thanks!

Welcome to the club.
As with all EGEN dash cam battery packs the battery life percentage as reported in APP can be wildly inaccurate at times.
Here is my testing thread on the B-130X;
-Chuck

I did see your total in-depth review. Thanks a tonne for that!

I understand that the percentage is incorrect and inaccurate, but is it normal to be tanking from 100% to 0% within a week when the battery is off?

I thought these batteries hold their charges quite well when off/unused and in a consistent temperature environment.

I no longer have my B-130X.
I sent it to @safedrivesolutions so he could play with it and he put it in an ice chest. lol

The only battery back I have on hand for testing in the BBMC PowerCell 8 (Cellink Neo8).
To get you any accurate answer for the B-130X I shall summon the great one.
@rcg530

I no longer have my B-130X.
I sent it to @safedrivesolutions so he could play with it and he put it in an ice chest. lol

The only battery back I have on hand for testing in the BBMC PowerCell 8 (Cellink Neo8).
To get you any accurate answer for the B-130X I shall summon the great one.
@rcg530
I want to test out a deep freeze just like demolition man. i want to bring it back with Sylvestor Stallone. Hoping i can find out what the 3 seashells are for.

I've found the EGEN produced battery packs (like the B-130X) will lose about 5% to 7% of their charge per day when the car is parked with the dash camera not drawing power from the battery pack. In my case, I don't turn off the battery pack. I use a DPST toggle switch to disconnect the constant battery and accessory power wires going to the dash camera hardwire kit. The battery pack discharge rate that you reported seems a bit high based on my testing, but I have not tested that exact set of steps.

Back