BlackVue dr500 Trouble

Speed Racer

Reaction score
I've had my BlackVue for over 9 months never any issues. Today while driving it starting speaking in a language I can't understand. It stopped recording at the same time.

So I have a back up SD card which I swapped into the camera same issue.

Once I got home I tired to upgrade to the latest 1.09 ENG firmware no go.

I also noticed the WiFi will not turn on with an SD card in the unit now, and with the SD card out an the Wifi says it's on but when I use my PC or cell phone to scan for the WiFi no signal is detected from the camera?

It has never alert with any language other than English prior to today.

I took a video so you can see the lights and here the alerts. The first half of the video is with the SD card in the camera and second with out the SD in the camera.

Also I have tried three different SD cards an 8GB, 16GB, and a 32GB all were formatted today. The 16GB card is the original SD that came with the cam and has only been used in the camera a total of 8 hours (my backup SD) The 32 GB was just replaced in September as my prior SD card was getting flaky.

The unit came original with 1.03 ENG firmware and I upgraded to 1.08 ENG in September.

Where did you buy it from as its speaking Korean Go to the thread about changing from Korean to English firmware and try that Sounds strange

Fyi, on the video, it says the "upgrade failed"....

Try putting it in the bracket and doing it Read on one thread where it needs to be in the bracket as there is a little clip that needs to be pushed in by the bracket for security reasons.

Only passing on info. I cant verify if its correct but worth trying if all else fails, but I would do a Korean to English update.

I get operation failed. I assume jazzyone is correct Update failed. In korean. I think it has reset to factory defaults or you have a hacked korean version. You might have to do a Forced firmware to flash the UK software back on. through telnet.

Well thanks for the replies I have tried to flash it to change the langue with the collar on didn't change anything. It's like it doesn't like any sd card I use.

I will try to hook up a serial port later when I have time to see if I can fix-it that way or Jtag it as a last resort. It will be a few days until I get time I report back when I do.

Did you read the thread on changing from Korean to English. Who did you buy the thing from. May help us to work out whats wrong if you tell us

What happens is that when new, the camera is loaded with the firmware and you get a blank SD card.

When the camera is first turned on it then loads the required info onto the SD card.

Strange I know but it could be if yours was a Korean one that had been flashed before it was sold, that somehow it has reverted back to original.

I bought a Korean one and did the conversion later, but shortly after I bought it the seller was advertising English/Russian versions before the English version was available.

Don't know where he got it from but suspect it was a hacked version

I got it from an Ebay seller. When it first arrived there was a only a worm on the SD card. But once it powered on for the first time it formatted the SD card and installed the BlackVue folder structure.

I no longer have the SD card with that file structure.

There are good and bad Ebay sellers Cool Guys and Dreamseller are ok as I have bought off both with no troubles. Yes the cards did appear to have a worm on them but it appeared as a false positive in my virus scanner.

My 500 came from Astrobile in Korea and was a Korean domestic version However it now has 1,009 E on it and works perfectly.

Sounds like you may have to do the Telnet fix and flash it back to something workable

I've had my BlackVue for over 9 months never any issues. Today while driving it starting speaking in a language I can't understand. It stopped recording at the same time.

So I have a back up SD card which I swapped into the camera same issue.

Once I got home I tired to upgrade to the latest 1.09 ENG firmware no go.

I also noticed the WiFi will not turn on with an SD card in the unit now, and with the SD card out an the Wifi says it's on but when I use my PC or cell phone to scan for the WiFi no signal is detected from the camera?

It has never alert with any language other than English prior to today.

I took a video so you can see the lights and here the alerts. The first half of the video is with the SD card in the camera and second with out the SD in the camera.

Also I have tried three different SD cards an 8GB, 16GB, and a 32GB all were formatted today. The 16GB card is the original SD that came with the cam and has only been used in the camera a total of 8 hours (my backup SD) The 32 GB was just replaced in September as my prior SD card was getting flaky.

The unit came original with 1.03 ENG firmware and I upgraded to 1.08 ENG in September.

I have just had the exact same problem, same message and all only I was running v1.011E. It has been 10 months since I bought my Blackvue , no problems till this happened.

Must be 1.011 E then as I have been running 1.009E and it works just fine No bad files no Korean language no problems.

Have had a 350 running 24/7 for 5 weeks as a security cam in 35C+ heat and its still going fine.

Cant understand why some have so many problems

Glad I didn't upgrade to 1.011E

Must be 1.011 E then as I have been running 1.009E and it works just fine No bad files no Korean language no problems.

Have had a 350 running 24/7 for 5 weeks as a security cam in 35C+ heat and its still going fine.

Cant understand why some have so many problems

Glad I didn't upgrade to 1.011E
Hard to say for sure, although I wish I'd stayed with v1.005E. I've called an outfit that is supposed to handle repairs, Scansis TV, we'll see. That's the number that Soltech Security gave me.

Back