Blackvue DR900X-2CH - No WiFi/Cloud (I have the LTE Module too)

waqasahmed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've done steps 1 to 5 here:
Upgrading the dashcam's firmware via BlackVue PC Viewer (Computer Software) – BlackVue | Help Center

When I go to https://blackvue.com/downloads

I get a blank page, regardless of what browser I use and regardless of what network I use ie: my home WiFI, or data on my phone

The ONLY way I've managed to download Blackue Viewer is by clicking on Blackvue Windows viewer, through a search engine

Within the app, I see this:

1617542469094.png

I searched for DR900X-2CH downloads

And the webite for this is basically unreadable:

DR900X-2CH Archives - BlackVue Dash Cameras

It's also the "archives" so might not even include the latest firmware.

Given this, I haven't performed a format of the micro SD card, as there's no firmware I can even download.

In addition, the Blackvue app on the phone shows that my dashcam is "offline" despite the Vodafone sim card being active, and showing as such on the Vodafone smart app too. Does anyone know how I can rectify this?

I did also find this:

However, if you click on "Download" nothing actually downloads.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1617542392287.png
    1617542392287.png
    85 KB · Views: 1
Don't know what's up with the website but probably just a maintenance (try it later).

You don't need BlackvueViewer for the firmware upgrade - just format your card via the camera (press button on the side for >5 seconds, then press it again for another >5s, if i recall correctly). Then just drag n' drop desired firmware via PC and return the card back to your camera.

Have you "registered" (or how do they call it) the SIM in app? I was confused as well when i tried my combo for the first time...

EDIT: I managed to download v1.005. If you are interested and willing to trust me, here you go. :devilish:

Don't know what's up with the website but probably just a maintenance (try it later).

You don't need BlackvueViewer for the firmware upgrade - just format your card via the camera (press button on the side for >5 seconds, then press it again for another >5s, if i recall correctly). Then just drag n' drop desired firmware via PC and return the card back to your camera.

Have you "registered" (or how do they call it) the SIM in app? I was confused as well when i tried my combo for the first time...

EDIT: I managed to download v1.005. If you are interested and willing to trust me, here you go. :devilish:
I have indeed registered the sim card. It's showing as "Connected" (See attachment)

Also thanks for that. I'm guessing there's no later firmware than 1.005?

I've also looked up: "dr900x-2ch-v1.005-eng.zip" now, and found this:

So that's something for next time. Most Singaporeans speak English too.

I'm going to my car soon and I'll try that bit of firmware. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210404-162603.png
    Screenshot_20210404-162603.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

So I've upgraded the firmware now and saved it to my OneDrive

I've followed this:

Got to number 7, and saw that my laptop can see the SSID in the car, but my Google Pixel 2 XL can't :( So it's a local phone issue
This doesn't explain why it's asking me to activate my sim card however, when that's showing as active in the Vodafone app

Last edited:

I've messaged blackvue support and they say to activate the sim card, I should follow pages 8-10 of the PDF guide as per https://we.tl/t-qUbhafsQEg

I've also told them of the issue that I'm having with my Google Pixel 2XL seeing the Blackvue SSID, prior to them sending this PDF

They say that I need to follow those instructions, when I... can't given that my phone doesn't see the SSID, unless of course there was a way to do it from the Blackvue Windows application.

I think we have a miscommunication. The SIM should be actived not only for your ISP but also via Blackvue app (probably APN settings or something, can't remember).

Ok, i'm not sure whether my DR900X had the same config file as DR900S but check your SDcard after you format it in the cam. There should be "config.ini" file somewhere, find a "WiFiBand=0" line, change it to "WiFiBand=1" (or vice versa) and try whether your phone will be able to find your cam.

I think we have a miscommunication. The SIM should be actived not only for your ISP but also via Blackvue app (probably APN settings or something, can't remember).

Ok, i'm not sure whether my DR900X had the same config file as DR900S but check your SDcard after you format it in the cam. There should be "config.ini" file somewhere, find a "WiFiBand=0" line, change it to "WiFiBand=1" (or vice versa) and try whether your phone will be able to find your cam.
Thanks, I'll try doing that if I can find it

If the WiFi direct part still doesn't work with my Google Pixel 2 XL but my Windows laptop does, is there another way that I could make it connect even when my phone can't see the SSID?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210405-133859.png
    Screenshot_20210405-133859.png
    391.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Yeah, i understand that you are unable to "Activate SIM via app" because you don't have the access. Therefore i've mentioned the way via "config.ini".

If the file is missing in the card or it won't solve the issue, then probably the only other way is another phone.

Yeah, i understand that you are unable to "Activate SIM via app" because you don't have the access. Therefore i've mentioned the way via "config.ini".

If the file is missing in the card or it won't solve the issue, then probably the only other way is another phone.
Thanks. A relative has just taken my car to the supermarket, so when they're back I'll try that.

So I've edited the config file and changed it to the 2.4GHz band. It looks like my phone can connect now. Thanks!

Back