BlackVue Wi-Fi 2-Channel DR550GW-2CH

No control to turn off the rear light is just stupid. Now I see the front camera light has turned on even though it's been off in preferences for days. What's up with that now?
Don't think you can turn the rear light off but you can turn off the front one. Just tried now

The cable to the cam go loose inside the socket that's what I have found and the picture just freeze ,I think the light stays on the back. There is no way you want to keep removing it every day, try not pushing it all the way in just before it clicks

No control to turn off the rear light is just stupid. Now I see the front camera light has turned on even though it's been off in preferences for days. What's up with that now?

Get a bit of black tape and put over the light.

OK now another problem I cant seem to load the proper date and time. It's showing 2023 and the wrong date/time. I've tried repeatedly to send my time zone but nothing changes.

OK now another problem I cant seem to load the proper date and time. It's showing 2023 and the wrong date/time. I've tried repeatedly to send my time zone but nothing changes.
I had to format the SD card first getting rid of any time stamped video before setting the time.

I had to format the SD card first getting rid of any time stamped video before setting the time.
It is enough to delete the contents of folders System and Record

I reformatted the SD per Blackvues instructions (SDFormatter v4.0) totally deleting the card reinserted and the stupid thing still thinks its 2023.

alexsoll, I translated to English but I'm still lost. I need to disassemble the board from the onboard battery to clear the time/date setting??

No, no need to disassemble anything. It's simple. Read English translation - it will work, and the date and time.

This worked for me after spending 6 hours trying to get the correct time

http://blackvueshop.co.uk/support/downloads/

I used this go to the bottom of the page blackvue timeset software,
it worked for me but I had to make sure I had no video files on the sd first as it will fail to sort out the time

The BlackVue DR550GW-2CH English firmware has been upgraded to Ver2.001

DR550GW-2CH_v2.001E(2014.04.08)_Setup.zip
http://www.blackvue.com/en/common/d...4.04.08)_Setup.zip&path=board&idx=1277&sort=0

[Key improvements] DR550GW-2CH

- Application of integrated firmware
(English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish,chinese) Can be upgraded free firmware.
- Application integration software
(English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish,chinese) Can be changed free language / firmware.
- Korean and Russian can not change the language to each other.
- Stabilization of the system

The time program did help but the region is still out of wack. I'll work on that more later.

But SD space man it goes fast (16bg) like within a few hours it's recording over. Mainly parked too. What settings are you guys using so it doesn't continually record just parked looking at a garage door?

new price Jae april 18, 2014

68c2e35d67a6.png

Last edited:
This worked for me after spending 6 hours trying to get the correct time

http://blackvueshop.co.uk/support/downloads/

I used this go to the bottom of the page blackvue timeset software,
it worked for me but I had to make sure I had no video files on the sd first as it will fail to sort out the time

I tried yesterday and it's works with the right date and times.
However, today. When I started my car, using iPhone apps to check the date and time.... The date still stay at yesterday date and the time continue from the time of my yesterday's last trip.

Why the date and time does not change to today's date and time?

I tried yesterday and it's works with the right date and times.
However, today. When I started my car, using iPhone apps to check the date and time.... The date still stay at yesterday date and the time continue from the time of my yesterday's last trip.

Why the date and time does not change to today's date and time?

Drive it out of the garage to get a GPS fix Lower the motion detection setting to stop it recording so much

Drive it out of the garage to get a GPS fix Lower the motion detection setting to stop it recording so much
Hi Hillbilly,
My car is in open car park (un-shelter) and I am not in parking mode so motion detection is off.

I believe the GPS is fixed. I still do not get the right date. The date is correct only on the first day when time set is used.

Subsequently, the date and time continue and following the previous date and time.

It's does not based on the GPS date/time for subsequent driving in the next day and following days.

Somehow, the time/date setting continue from the time/date of the previous recording/driving.

Hi Hillbilly,
My car is in open car park (un-shelter) and I am not in parking mode so motion detection is off.

I believe the GPS is fixed. I still do not get the right date. The date is correct only on the first day when time set is used.

Subsequently, the date and time continue and following the previous date and time.

It's does not based on the GPS date/time for subsequent driving in the next day and following days.

Somehow, the time/date setting continue from the time/date of the previous recording/driving.

Send it back its faulty unless you are running custom firmware

Send it back its faulty unless you are running custom firmware
I am running the latest Apr firmware.
Thanks!

Just wondering what can goes wrong as when I press the Wi-Fi button on the side for more then 10 seconds to format the microSD card, the software could get the date and time updated correctly on the video per the GPS (fix) info.
This is doing something like the set time software.

But subsequent driving in the next day, the software is not getting the right GPS date/time to update the video and it continue to use the previous outdated date/time info.

this looks to me more of software bugs.

I am running the latest Apr firmware.
Thanks!

Just wondering what can goes wrong as when I press the Wi-Fi button on the side for more then 10 seconds to format the microSD card, the software could get the date and time updated correctly on the video per the GPS (fix) info.
This is doing something like the set time software.

But subsequent driving in the next day, the software is not getting the right GPS date/time to update the video and it continue to use the previous outdated date/time info.

this looks to me more of software bugs.

Format it in a PC using SD format 4.0 Sometimes doing it in the camera is just not good enough, neither is doing the settings from the app. I ALWAYS do all my cameras in a PC NEVER in the camera Don't have trouble with any of them either

Have you got it set to the correct time zone for where you live.

You shouldn't have to use the timeset program if it has GPS. That is only for NONGPS models When you do use it you should set the time for when the car will be started NOT the time you are doing it on the PC So leaving at 0845 set it for that NOT 0830 when you are doing it.

Yesterday, I did exactly what you have mentioned to set the correct date and time (time zone is always set correctly). Today, the same problem of wrong date exist.

I do an experiment today.
1) The s/w will try to base on the GPS date/time upon start up for date/time stamp.
2) If GPS is not 'fixed', s/w will assume that GPS date/time is not available and will fall back to use the date/time per the last video files recorded with some minutes offset if needed.

Everybody know the 550GW GPS take longer than 2mins (at least based on my observation) to "fixed'.
Thus when the unit is initially turn on when ignition starts, the GPS date/time will not be available and the date/time stamp will fall back to the last video files recorded.
This is the main cause for the 'very inaccurate or wrong' date/time used for recording!!!

a) If once use the parking mode feature with device like the power magic pro or similar and keep the 550GW always alive, then the above issues will not be found.

b) GPS date/time is being transmitted by every satellite under the NMEA format.
- Why need to wait for the GPS to 'Fixed' to extract the GPS date/time?
- Why the s/w don't use the one of valid GPS signal received to extract the GPS date/time which should be much faster then waiting for GPS to 'fixed'.

c) Even in open car park space with open sky view, 550GW takes more than 2mins to fix.
The s/w will not be able to use the GPS date/time if it will to wait for it to fix as the s/w initialization time to normal recording is less then 1 min.

d) The only so called super capacitor in the H/W has only sufficient charges to complete the recording and properly power down when ignition is off.
And I believe there is no real time clock that is keep alive in the H/W too, else the wrong date/time will not happen.

Back