BlackVue Wi-Fi 2-Channel DR550GW-2CH

you may have bent the pin if you dont insert perfectly straight then the pin will bend inside and get jammed under the connector

I had the same problem with the GPS units from TomTom sat navs.

you may have bent the pin if you dont insert perfectly straight then the pin will bend inside and get jammed under the connector

I had the same problem with the GPS units from TomTom sat navs.

Great...any way to fix this? Or does it need to be replaced

have you checked. if it is bent you can sometimes bend it back up and straighten it but its got to be done very gently with two flat blade precision screwdrivers like the ones for glasses and has to be right in the middle and straight, can be a nightmare to do But i have done many in my time. if when putting back in it seems to not want to go in don't force it look back into the hole and see if its leaning very slightly one way or the other.
you can buy replacement ports on line but I cant remember the name of the connector type right now. you can take the end of the dash cam off without any dismantling to get to the port. there is a little clip if you hold that in slightly and use something sharp you can pop the cap off. Again you have to be careful not to damage the clip use a flat blade screwdriver the same size as the plastic clip. you will need to pry slightly to pop the clip over the catch. I did this to remove the cover as I am always removing the SD card and got sick of removing the cables to get to it.

to remove the cap use a little washing up liquid to lube the two hooks inside then push one into the hole and push it through with a metal ball point pen then the other tag should follow. Again a little awkward specially with lube but better for the cable. and it means you can put the cover back on if you ever wanted to sell it.

EDIT sorry the pin is on the wire not on the unit. DOH. the sat nav was the same connector but the exact opposite way round sorry for the confusion

Thanks for the tip. I'll take a look tonight, unfortunately I did use some force today trying to get it to fit...hopefully I didn't damage it too badly. :(

EDIT sorry the pin is on the wire not on the unit. DOH. the sat nav was the same connector but the exact opposite way round sorry for the confusion

Oh, that's actually preferrable. If I need to replace, I'd rather replace the cable than the unit!

Read above post. pin is on the cable not the device, however removing the cap is useful anyway. It looks no worse having the cover off.

Me begin thick again got the cable in front of me. LOL should have checked first.

http://www.blackvue.com/en/contents...boardsort=&page=1&idx=1226&search=&searchstr=

31871bd7d553.png

have you checked. if it is bent you can sometimes bend it back up and straighten it but its got to be done very gently with two flat blade precision screwdrivers like the ones for glasses and has to be right in the middle and straight, can be a nightmare to do But i have done many in my time. if when putting back in it seems to not want to go in don't force it look back into the hole and see if its leaning very slightly one way or the other.
you can buy replacement ports on line but I cant remember the name of the connector type right now. you can take the end of the dash cam off without any dismantling to get to the port. there is a little clip if you hold that in slightly and use something sharp you can pop the cap off. Again you have to be careful not to damage the clip use a flat blade screwdriver the same size as the plastic clip. you will need to pry slightly to pop the clip over the catch. I did this to remove the cover as I am always removing the SD card and got sick of removing the cables to get to it.

to remove the cap use a little washing up liquid to lube the two hooks inside then push one into the hole and push it through with a metal ball point pen then the other tag should follow. Again a little awkward specially with lube but better for the cable. and it means you can put the cover back on if you ever wanted to sell it.

So I checked the pin, it looks straight not bent. So I re-insert the coaxial cable more carefully this time. This time it makes a nice "click". Turn on the car, and success, both cameras are working! However, this morning, rear camera has stopped working again! So I unplug coaxial and power cables, check the pins, and re-insert. Both insert with a nice "click" but rear camera is still not working! Any thoughts on what the problem might be before I bring it back to installer?

Well I had a problem with my first camera but it wasn't the same problem turned out the rear camera was faulty. my rear camera was a slow die. just went off then on then off then on etc until it finally went off for good.

the cable was faulty and the camera may have died due to the cable not connecting properly.

You should be just fine. I was putting in my rear cable into the front camera to turn it on and accidentally bent one of the gold pins around the cable and then it just broke off. I hooked it back in and surprisingly it works great still!

Thank you, it works now! Got the download and looks good..... for now.

waiting a firmware for the 550 here too

Hello Guys .I just purchased the BlackVue DR550GW-2CH and i encoutered some problem with rear camera.
Its something like this:

Rear camera dosnt come on and when its on the DR550GW-2CH seems to lose wi-fi connection .
Is it a firmware problem or problem with the cable?Actually i have the new coaxial cable which goes all inside:
http://blackvueshop.co.uk/product/b...ront-to-rear-coaxial-cable-camera-connection/

Is there anyway of turning the rear camera light off?

Don't think you can turn the rear light off but you can turn off the front one. Just tried now

The cable to the cam go loose inside the socket that's what I have found and the picture just freeze ,I think the light stays on the back. There is no way you want to keep removing it every day, try not pushing it all the way in just before it clicks

Indeed the cable to the cam go loose inside the socket.Thats the problem.Just a little move on the cable and it loses connection.So your suggestion is to not pushing it all the way in just before it clicks?

Back