Blueskysea B1W dashcam

If is something really important like an emergency is more important to have image even reversed compared to have no image.
I guess it is.

The same Mediainfo details like in my previous post. :D
Funny, isn't it? And estore009 only posted the link to the video 25 minutes ago. o_O

Maybe the chipset is GM8138S which is supporting Full HD? Or maybe because Novatek bought Grain Media they could add 1080p to 8135s chipset?

enjoy,
Mtz
Well it does appear to be 1080 and it doesn't look like it is using a Novatek codec!

Reactions: Mtz
Funny, isn't it? And estore009 only posted the link to the video 25 minutes ago. o_O
Based on your file name the video is from September 25, so is not a new video.

enjoy,
Mtz

Based on your file name the video is from September 25, so is not a new video.

enjoy,
Mtz
So that means you didn't download the video to check the info. ;)

Maybe the chipset is GM8138S which is supporting Full HD? Or maybe because Novatek bought Grain Media they could add 1080p to 8135s chipset?

enjoy,
Mtz

maybe it's just interpolated, chipset says it only supports 720p, if it's above that then it would be interpolated, assuming it is even that chipset, hard to know unless you pull it down and have a look or get to check the firmware with a hex editor for hints

maybe it's just interpolated, chipset says it only supports 720p, if it's above that then it would be interpolated, assuming it is even that chipset, hard to know unless you pull it down and have a look or get to check the firmware with a hex editor for hints
Very clever interpolation if it is, looks like real 1080 from a real 1080 sensor, slightly blurred by using a medium quality bitrate. It has kept a lot of detail for the bitrate used though, it has sacrificed colour accuracy instead of number plate detail.

Mtz guess of a GM8138S seems reasonable.

I managed to open camera and find its main chipest was protected by shield cover,very solid build quality,i need to say!
In order to get chipest info,we open its cover,and clear its white glue liqid on chipest surface,and cut its fixed metal strap on chipest,and it shows its chipest info:
GM8135S-QC
CC704
AS-1721

43bb39099a104aea.jpg

4d0f1260249194e7.jpg

I managed to open camera and find its main chipest was protected by shield cover,very solid build quality,i need to say!
In order to get chipest info,we open its cover,and clear its white glue liqid on chipest surface,and cut its fixed metal strap on chipest,and it shows its chipest info:
GM8135S-QC
CC704
AS-1721

Impressed that you went to the trouble to do that to provide accurate information rather than people guessing what the chipset might be

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
GM8135S-QC
CC704
AS-1721

43bb39099a104aea.jpg

4d0f1260249194e7.jpg
Nice job and kudos for accuracy

GM8135S-QC
CC704
AS-1721

43bb39099a104aea.jpg

4d0f1260249194e7.jpg

Blueskysea is our brand ,Viofo is the brand for A119;
We blueskysea retail A119 on ebay,amazon for A119 with Viofo brand logo;
But for A118C,we got from different manufacture,and we retail a118c with Blueskysea brand logo on amazon,ebay!

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119-ebay-legit.20300/#post-283249

Blueskysea being your brand, shouldn't you know this already?

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119-ebay-legit.20300/#post-283249

Blueskysea being your brand, shouldn't you know this already?
Clearly they got someone else to do the manufacturing, and although they were told it had a Novatek GM8135S and was 1080 resolution, because of the confusion on here they wanted to check :confused:

It turns out that Novatek bought Grain Media so it is actually a Novatek GM8135S and although it is normally used in 720 resolution cameras and the flyer says 720 resolution, the more detailed datasheet reveals that 1080 H264 is possible, so everything is as it should be :)

It seems a rather good value camera, 50$ for Full HD with a Sony IMX323 low light sensor, wi-fi, super capacitors, small size, etc.

Downside is the 12Mb/s bitrate, but it uses it well - not a camera for making you summer holiday movies, a Viofo WR1 would be a better choice for that, but still a perfectly decent dashcam.

Clearly they got someone else to do the manufacturing, and although they were told it had a Novatek GM8135S and was 1080 resolution, because of the confusion on here they wanted to check :confused:

It turns out that Novatek bought Grain Media so it is actually a Novatek GM8135S and although it is normally used in 720 resolution cameras and the flyer says 720 resolution, the more detailed datasheet reveals that 1080 H264 is possible, so everything is as it should be :)

It seems a rather good value camera, 50$ for Full HD with a Sony IMX323 low light sensor, wi-fi, super capacitors, small size, etc.

Downside is the 12Mb/s bitrate, but it uses it well - not a camera for making you summer holiday movies, a Viofo WR1 would be a better choice for that, but still a perfectly decent dashcam.

Knowing how the market is, I'd crack one open and verify things before adding it to my line/brand. If estore was aware of the specifications, why not list them in the OP.

Weird marketing tactics/strategies...

B1W is available from other UK sellers on eBay/Amazon.

I've just received one of these, could have received it sooner but I was asleep ... can't believe how keen they were to deliver it!

Tracking Info said:
2017-11-20 11:46 Delivered----Exeter DO
2017-11-20 04:04 Delivery Attempted - No Answer
2017-11-20 03:57 Delivery Attempted - No Answer ----Exeter DO
2017-11-19 03:14 Item Received----Exeter Mail Centre

I've just received one of these, could have received it sooner but I was asleep ... can't believe how keen they were to deliver it!
Mine arrived too, although they were not quite so keen to deliver up north!
Tracking Info said:
2017-11-20 10:02:40 Delivered----Malton DO,
2017-11-20 07:19:31 Delivery Attempted - No Answer,
2017-11-20 07:00:09 Delivery Attempted - No Answer----Malton DO,
2017-11-19 03:28:44 Item Received----Leeds Mail Centre,

Received mine on Thursday last week. I' currently testing alongside my Mini 0906. Early days but initial thoughts are good value for money at £49.99. I was sceptical about it being 1080p at 30fps but on checking codec it is indeed 1080p 30fps.

Parking Guard works by recording when G Sensor is triggered. I currently have this set to medium and this triggers when tailgate is opened. Will try it on high next.

It is a bit of a pain to remember to manually start/stop video recording to switch between parking mode and normal recording. The first time I parked I forgot so it recorded all day while parked at the station. Interestingly it did not trigger battery protection or cause a battery discharging warning on the BMW idrive which the 0906 does from time to time so I'm guessing current draw is low.

It would be useful to have the option to flip video as power lead is at one end and not the right end to suit me.

Video quality is good but not quite as good as the 0906. The lens is a little more fish eyed than the 0906 and I miss not having a cpl filter to cut reflctions.

Audio quality seems poor so far but with test again.

I'll test more thoroughly over the coming weeks and compare more closely against the video quality from the 0906.

According to Aliexpress seller , B1W has a capacitor , it is 1080p , it uses Sony imx 323 & has a Novatek chipset.
DDPAI 2 having similar spec costs about 75$ and the B1W only about 48$
What am i messing here ?

Last edited:
According to Aliexpress seller , B1W has a capacitor , it is 1080 , it uses Sony imx 323 & has a Novatek chipset.
DDPAI 2 having similar spec coasts about 75$ and the B1W only about 48$
What am i messing here ?
A bargain?

The processor is only Novatek because Novatek have bought Grain Media; it is a cheap and low powered Grain Media processor capable of only 12.5Mbps bitrate, however the results are surprisingly good and it also has a surprising sharply focused cheap lens, if you are looking for a cheap camera or maybe a rear camera where you don't require cinematic video quality then it is worth looking at. It even has an app that works nicely, although you do need the app because there is no screen.

Back