Opps!
I see A1.
Thanks.

Okay. So the cards are okay.
What about shooting times?
How much = 64gb?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Depends on resolution and bitrate, eg 1080p30 at 15mbit runs out at around 8GB per hour, higher rates will consume more, check the resolution/bitrate you want to use to see how much you'll need, the price on those cards is very good so wouldn't hurt to have a few more on hand

Say it ain't so, Joe.

As in... won't work?

I get larger, but faster? SanDisk has labeled these Ultra, Class 10.

I did take Buy Mobius' advice when purchasing the M1, buying their stocked Kingston 32gb cards. Eventhough, dating back to the "begining" I thought the consensus was Kingston are the cheaper cards.

But... the price. And SanDisk? The famous, crazy fast, usually higher priced cards, are not suitable for the F1?

It never ends .)

Okay. Not suitable, or don't use? As in... you'll lose footage and/or poor quality, dropped frames?

Geez. And my nearby Costco was sold out. I was going to go farther tomorrow to purchase more.

Thanks.

It ain't so. :) I was mistaken about which SanDisk memory cards those were. They both have virtually the same graphic design and appearance.

As for faster cards with a 4K camera you are writing a lot of data to the card rather quickly and so faster is better.

This business of Kingston cards being required for the Mobius camera is woefully out of date and wasn't really accurate in the first place from my personal experience. I've used numerous brands of memory cards in my Mobi with excellent results.

Last edited:
I don't own an F1 (or any true 4K camera) but I'll bet @TonyM will likely be able to help you with that information.

Oh yeah. Tony knows, Tony really knows, the F1.

Thanks again for your help. I can wait till the F1 arrives. Just hoping the storage is not too, too much. The thing when hiking, or motoring, is to leave the camera running. Always recording. Much easier to jot down the time an "event" happened, and edit from there, then turning the camera off and on trying/hoping, to catch the action.

Four, 32gb cards for the M1 was over kill. The batteries were another story, but 5 x 820mAh worked easily for a day.

I like that the F1 has the "traditional" battery storage. Much easier than the M1 motherboard crap. Although I was happy the M1 did allow the swapping.

Having said all that, this mini battery power bank appears to be the best solution of them all.

Thanks again.

What about a SanDisk Extreme PLUS it Red/Gold 32gb it has a 3 with a U around the 3?

... the price on those cards is very good

Thanks. Glad somone noticed.

I don't want to be the, "... in MY days" guy, but it seems, as I get older, I'm compelled, more and more, to remind anyone that will listen of the past.

Anyway... $10. bucks is crazy cheap. I mean, how low is it gonna go?

$10 is discontinue the product price. As in the 40MB (yes, MB) hard drive purchased for $300.

Which I still have.
I throw nothing away.
Arrrggghhh. Have to stop doing that.

I'm thinking the 64gb card is on the way out.
But, what do I know

I don't own an F1 (or any true 4K camera) but I'll bet @TonyM will likely be able to help you with that information.
Allow for up to 45Mbps in 1080p60 with image stabilisation, or up to 72Mbps in 4k30. The F1 has detail options just like the Mobius (fine, superfine etc.) so you can adjust to suit your needs.

Then there's the modified FW by Falsificator which bumps up the bitrate to a maximum of 100Mbps in 4k30 and more than 60Mbps in 1080p60 (can't remember the actual numbers). The modified FW offers much better detail and eliminates over-sharpening in the official FW.

What about a SanDisk Extreme PLUS it Red/Gold 32gb it has a 3 with a U around the 3?
I use a red/gold 64GB SanDisk extreme U3 in my F1. No issues, even with the 100Mbps modified firmware.

The F1 does not like my Samsung Evo+ U3 cards, and others have reported the same.

The F1 does not like my Samsung Evo+ U3 cards, and others have reported the same.

Odd as those cards seem to work well in almost all other cams. But it shows the first thing I learned about dashcams: They can be picky about cards so it's always best to use only those reported as working well by DCT members using that particular cam. Anything else is a gamble!

Phil

Thank you. Your explanations could not be more clearer.

I use a red/gold 64GB SanDisk extreme U3 in my F1. No issues, even with the 100Mbps modified firmware.

The U3 specs explains the Ultra Plus US$ 10. price point.

The 100Mbps = Super Duper Falsificator's FW = about 1.5 hour = 64gb, is very exciting.

One card per hour is more than workable. Even more so considering the exreme high quality video.

Except. Will the antiquated, 64gb Ultra Plus, handle the throughput? Because, from what I'm reading, the U3 cards are, "absolutely crucial if you’re shooting 4K."

Tony, is that true?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Guess I can answer my own question.

ULTRA PLUS, Up to 100Mbps = No Falsificator's FW at, "bitrate to a maximum of 100Mbps in 4k30".

At least not running the the highest quality video specs.

Thanks for everything. All of you. Very big thanks.

Last edited:
Costco doesn't have MicroSD U3 Mini.

Without all the blab, blab, blab below. Basically... Is this the card I need, and would this be a quick delivery option at a fair price?

Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07FCMKK5X

I'm confused.

The photo has the U3 card. But. Amazon's description reads, "SanDisk 128GB Extreme microSD UHS-I Card." And, USH-1 is not U3???

Well... SanDisk's website labels it the same, "SANDISK EXTREME® PLUS MICROSDXC™ UHS-I CARD - NEW"

How does it reconcile with the words below?

"The SD Association has two UHS Speed Classes, UHSSpeed Class 1 and UHS Speed Class 3. UHS Speed Class 1 supports a minimum 10MB/s write speed, whereas UHS Speed Class 3 supports at least 30MB/s write speed. ... As a rule of thumb, 4K-capable camcorders will usually require at least a U3 rated SD "

I guess, "Speed Class 1 supports a minimum 10MB/s" is the answer. A minimum, and SanDisk kicked their U3 cards up past that number?

I'm overthinking this, yeah. But it's still confusing labeling.

Extreme, Extreme Plus, Extreme Pro.
And SanDisk's descriptions are all basically the same.

Last edited:
... the modified FW by Falsificator which bumps up the bitrate to a maximum of 100Mbps in 4k30, The modified FW offers much better detail and eliminates over-sharpening in the official FW.

Actually Tony, I did search for the Mod without any luck. Would you instruct me on how to download and install the mod to my F1?
Thanks. Jon

Actually Tony, I did search for the Mod without any luck. Would you instruct me on how to download and install the mod to my F1?
Thanks. Jon

If you don't mind a suggestion, why not get your feet wet with your new F1 and familiarize yourself with its performance and functionality, strengths and weaknesses before jumping in with modified firmware?

If you don't mind a suggestion, why not get your feet wet with your new F1 and familiarize yourself with its performance and functionality, strengths and weaknesses before jumping in with modified firmware?

Thanks Dashmellow.

Your smart words are much appreciate. What you're saying makes sense.

But, there is no time.

You might have noticed from my frantic messaging, I'm up against a deadline. We're out the door Feb. 11.

Now... setting aside toe tipping is not my modus operandi - if something is better, I'm all in - the challenge is not, how to operate, light, or set up shots with any camera on the planet, but rather my HUGE distrust in websites and products I don't know. And, as you can clearly see from my recent post, I'm in deep, deep, poo-poo in that regard.

When I write how grateful I am for everyone's help. I'm not joking. The sincerity runs deep.

Normally, there's time to work the learning curve. Although, having said that, I can't imagine anything I could have done, in any amount of time, would have come close to the thorough crash course giving by you all. Thank you.

We're gong back to Bukit Lawang and the Orangutans.

We have the fancy HD camera, but last trip I "broke" the M1 for the B-Roll. No big deal. I just needed another one, and because I procrastinated, a Mobius was needed quickly.

When BuyMobius was out of stock, and the other options did not work, I came here desperately looking for a link to buy a new Mobius quickly. I never expected to have the chance to shoot in 4K, for US$200. bucks.

And REALLY!

Have people looked at the difference in the F1 footage with the FW Mod by Falsificator?

Wow!

I mean, wow!
Once you've seen Pareee.

With no intentions to disparage the established procedure, I have to ask... is there some type of secret about the F1 Mod?

I mean, usually, the .exe files are proudly displayed for all to see and upload.

Thanks. You all have been so kind. Much appreciated.
Jon

Last edited:
With time so critical why not PM @Falsificator directly on this site? I'm sure he can point you to all his latest and greatest with this cam, and it is most excellent work he does.

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Mobius 2 / M2 11
Back