Buffered Parking mode

No, reset and default settings is not the same thing

Jokiin-

Thanks for your fast reply! - So I assume the right thing to do after a firmware update is to click on "default settings"...

Is there anytime we need to use the "reset hole"?

Jokiin-

Thanks for your fast reply! - So I assume the right thing to do after a firmware update is to click on "default settings"...

Is there anytime we need to use the "reset hole"?
Reset would be used if the camera had locked up and was unresponsive

Reset default settings is always a good idea after doing a firmware update

Reset would be used if the camera had locked up and was unresponsive

Reset default settings is always a good idea after doing a firmware update

Great. Thanks again! - - I'm going to do like others here and switch back to 1.5 firmware. I'm very new to this camera...have only had it installed about a week or so. When the new firmware is ready for showtime, I'll give it another go.

In the meantime, I'll go back to BCHobbyist's blog to see what else I can learn about this camera. Thanks again!

One more question: I tried to find the 1.5 firmware on Viofo website, but they only show 1.8. I looked around on forums as well, but am not having any luck finding it. Does anyone have a link to 1.5??? - Thanks!

Seems like I'm having every problem one could have! I copied new 1.5 firmware to camera plugged into pc and then unplugged the camera per the instructions. Then when I tried plugging it back in..."nothing"! It doesn't turn on. I went to a plug from an A/C outlet to see if that could turn it on... no luck! - - I went into my car and plugged it in there, and it still doesn't turn on!!!

So, now I'm figuring I have to use the "reset button" on side of camera as Jokiin mentioned above - - "unresponsive camera"... So, I go to Viofo customer support/website, and nothing seems to be there on how/when to do it. I've searched forums trying to find out how to do the reset and can't find anything...very frustrating.

I could easily insert a paperclip into the hole, but I thought I better wait to get some instructions. - Does someone know the correct procedure for resetting the camera.

Btw, I guess there's no competition in this price range that has the same capabilities (if I were to get them to work)... If there were, I'd consider just returning this dashcam...

do that, press and hold (you'll feel the click) for 5 seconds while plugged into power and then release

Jokiin-

Thanks very much for your very fast reply!!! - - Unfortunately, when I press the reset button with the camera attached to my PC via the short mini usb cable, nothing happens... Has anyone else encountered this problem when downgrading their firmware???

I'm not sure what to do next, short of opening a "repair ticket" with Viofo...?

edit:
ps: Should I have tried pushing the reset button with the camera plugged into my car instead of the PC?

Thanks Jokiin for your further reply. I had gone out to my car and discovered that whenever the sd card is in the camera, the camera won't turn on. And if I have the camera in "menu mode" with no sd card in it, I can do menu selection items. But, as soon as I insert the sd card, it forces the camera to shut down. - - So, obviously this problem has to do with my sd card for some reason.

I've attached a pic showing where I put the 1.5 firmware. I assume that's the root directory where it's supposed to be...??? Let me know if I've done something wrong and/or what to do going forward. Thanks very much for your help!

Attachments

• SD Viofo Directory.JPG
    SD Viofo Directory.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 25
Jokiin-

Thanks for hanging with me on this one! - - So, I went back and re-downloaded fw 1.5; I replaced the other fw.bin file with the correct one; unfortunately, the camera turns off when I put the sd card in it.... - - Do you think I need to reformat the SD card? Since the camera will not take the card, I would have to format the sd card in my pc; If I need to do that, please give up tip or two how to do so. Thanks!

Attachments

• SD Viofo Directory - Correct fw file 1.5.JPG
    SD Viofo Directory - Correct fw file 1.5.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 18
What size card is it?

It's a Lexar, 128 gb; class 10

After fiddling around with it for a bit, I have been able to have the camera turn on with my sd card in it... It just shows the blue screen saying "MicroSD Card Reader Mode"... I can't seem to get out of that screen or into any menus...I'm pretty sure I could get to menus before from the PC.

Should I go out to my car and try it there???

Do it in the car

Jokiin-

Wooohooo!!!! I think I got it thanks to you!!! - - I went out to the car and plugged in the camera and re-did all my settings. And I checked the FW version on board, and it has 1.5. So, everything seems to be working as it should!!!

One thing I noticed after I turned the car/ignition off, is the two red LED lights (Left/record & right/mic remained on even though I have it in Auto-Detect Parking Mode...??? - - And the parking icon is showing up on the screen (man figure). I'm not sure if the left light is supposed to be blinking or solid.

The good thing being safely back at at 1.5 is I don't have to worry about the camera turning off randomly while parked. I'll keep it on fw 1.5 until I hear from you guys that the upgrade actually works.

Thanks again so much Jokiin!!! I didn't think I'd get answers this late, but you replied within almost seconds!!! And you hung with me through every step! Thanks a million!!! (y)

Back