Buffered Parking mode

I'm guessing this new firmware isn't official yet. anyone have a link to it?

@TonyM , can you suggest to Viofo to add such feature?
@TonyM Please not ask Viofo for any feature. There will be another reason for the Viofo haters to write new posts about disappointed Viofo users. As Nigel said, when A129 was launched A129 had no Parking Mode. If user received something for free he have no right to complain. If the user don't like that feature, to not install the firmware which is including it. Stay with the firmware you paid.
I agree with TonyM, the mistake made by Viofo was to advertise Parking Mode on A129 because of firmware update. They should use this advertising only on A119 V3 and A129 Pro because on that cameras the Parking Mode was available from day 1.
And haters to not make suppositions in vain, Parking Mode function strategy from A129 is different from A119 V3 and A129 Pro because chipsets are different.

enjoy,
Mtz

@TonyM Please not ask Viofo for any feature.

You don't want further improvements that enhance the camera?

You don't want further improvements that enhance the camera?
Do you mean the feature for notifying the trigger event in parking mode?
It can be supported in theory, take some time for development.
Maybe we can display how many files trigged on screen and with beep warning.

It seems some people want this, because it is available on other brands, but then I read about U1000 and there are many complaints about false warnings, even though not many people are using this model! People only want to be told their car is damaged if it really is damaged, otherwise the warning is annoying, forces you to watch all the videos, worried about your car when there is nothing to see. Unfortunately the g-sensor is either not sensitive enough or it has too many false warnings, and I think it is impossible to solve this. I still think a trigger on a loud noise from the microphone might be more reliable!

I still think a trigger on a loud noise from the microphone might be more reliable!

Yes, I was able to find the impact point in ~ 8hours of parking mode footage very quickly using audacity. This shows how valuable a microphone is.
I always turn on the microphone on all dashcams. I am not sure the hardware would support such a trigger but it may even be better than a g-sensor for parking mode.

Reactions: Mtz
@Mtz

Hello
negative comments I don't find bad. you also have to point out mistakes. you're right who they say free of charge were these later inserted.
as a new customer i see but that now this mode is included and think then that he works (which he also does).i also think it is very nice that viofo is represented here in the forum and i wish me the same with other manufacturers
i also form my own opinion and a brand name is not an incentive for me either.
but now back to the topic
it will be interesting they say 119v3 and 129 pro have a different parking mode .
I guess you mean differently that this simply works better because the chipset is newer and allows more.
for me are just 2 candidates very interesting the Thinkware u1000 and the viofo 129 dou and the per .
so you would prefer the pro version to the normal duo ?

It seems some people want this, because it is available on other brands, but then I read about U1000 and there are many complaints about false warnings
it's not false warnings, it's legitimate warnings but about false triggers, no less annoying but it's not the notification system that's busted

@TonyM That firmware is only 3MB instead of normaly 4.9MB A129 firmware..

Yes, I was able to find the impact point in ~ 8hours of parking mode footage very quickly using audacity. This shows how valuable a microphone is.
I always turn on the microphone on all dashcams. I am not sure the hardware would support such a trigger but it may even be better than a g-sensor for parking mode.
Yes, triggering on loud noises would be useless for driving, but for parking mode there should be no sudden loud noises, and it could be used to confirm a g-sensor event rather than instead, if you get a signal from the g-sensor but no loud noise then it is unlikely to have damaged the car, maybe just a passing bus that shook the car.

This applies to many companies and products today. It's essentially a lottery. Most seem to be like this from what I have experienced. We are the testers as consumers and we might get a fix. It’s incredibly frustrating. This is why I research the heck out of my purchases. I still went with Viofo because it is the most reliable unit I have found with the video quality I wanted. So far it has delivered for me. If it didn’t I would get my money back and write off the brand and go for something else.

This is true, I have had issues with ASUS and Microsoft. Seems to be a thing... "Fail fast, fail often". Get something to market and then deal with issues later.

I understand that nothing is perfect, everything has bugs - What is frustrating is the time spent trouble shooting these issues.
I think I persisted with my A129 a lot longer than I normally would as it has the potential to be better than other dashcams which cost twice the price.

It seems some people want this, because it is available on other brands, but then I read about U1000 and there are many complaints about false warnings, even though not many people are using this model! People only want to be told their car is damaged if it really is damaged, otherwise the warning is annoying, forces you to watch all the videos, worried about your car when there is nothing to see. Unfortunately the g-sensor is either not sensitive enough or it has too many false warnings, and I think it is impossible to solve this. I still think a trigger on a loud noise from the microphone might be more reliable!
The option of warnings per event of the G sensor would be very good.
I prefer the option of false notices and verify that everything is fine, See after several days that there was a problem is worse

Last edited:
I still think a trigger on a loud noise from the microphone might be more reliable!
Until a crazy kid drives pass your car with his Bass, boom boom boom, from his loud sound system. Don’t know about where you live but here in the Americas we have a lot of that craziness and not sure how well that would work. It reminds me of the old days with the car alarms that had so many problems with false alarms, when even a motorcycle driving by would set them off...

Until a crazy kid drives pass your car with his Bass, boom boom boom, from his loud sound system. Don’t know about where you live but here in the Americas we have a lot of that craziness and not sure how well that would work. It reminds me of the old days with the car alarms that had so many problems with false alarms, when even a motorcycle driving by would set them off...

Or those "crackle" maps people have, so their cars bang and pop on overrun!

Reactions: EGS
To be fair, recent marketing of the A129 has included the various parking modes, so new owners will have higher expectations than early customers.

TonyM-

You are right...when I bought my dash cam, it was claimed to have buffered parking and g-sensor parking modes. - - And like OzAdam, I do more research than most when I make a purchase... It was after doing all that research that I decided on Viofo.

And then when I was told by Viofo that they would fix my "unexpected problem" with the g-sensor in parking mode by the end of August, I believed what they told me... my bad! So now, almost 3 months later it looks like the problem might possibly getting solved....???

But for the guys here saying these "parking features weren't part of the deal" when I bought my camera, they are 100% wrong ...otherwise, if the a129 didn't have those features, I probably would not have purchased it.

I realize like OzAdam says, it's more a less a crap shoot when making some purchases... I too have many Samsung products because normally they're great quality. Btw Adam, I'm still hanging onto my S8+ as I think it's as good as anything Samsung has made since... I'll change it out, most likely for another Samsung, when I feel a new model is better...

I gave an account on another thread that while driving, the a129 works fine; if the G-sensor in parking mode finally gets resolved, that would be great.

@viofo Yes exactly. I refer to this for the A129 Pro Duo. I assume both models could do it.

I think it is needed to have an alert that something was detected in parking mode as without this the process is very manual for the user. I would like to be informed if something was detected regardless if false. At least I would know. At the moment we cannot tell without pulling the memory card out. I don’t do this often at all.

Consider adding spoken voice alerts like Thinkware and Blackvue. Example “Dashcam is recording”, "SD Card Problem", “Parking mode G Sensor has detected 2 events”, “Parking mode has detected 3 motion events”. Best to add via a menu with ability to turn off voice alerts if people don’t want it. This is one thing I miss from my Thinkware / Blackvue cameras.

My camera is hidden behind the rear view mirror so I would be nice to hear alerts rather than looking at its screen which can’t be seen from the driver’s seat.

Adding parking events triggered by loud sounds detected via the dashcam microphone is also a great idea by Nigel.

Btw Adam, I'm still hanging onto my S8+ as I think it's as good as anything Samsung has made since..

The S8 was a fantastic phone. The S10 is better again bar some quirks as they wanted to be first to the market with the ultrasonic fingerprint reader. The standby battery drain is not great either. The rush to be first always backfires I seem to find with tech.

Last edited:
Back