BulletHD Setup question

Folks an update.
Ebay trying to contact Oz Distributor. No response at all. WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T DEAL WITH THEM
In meantime, I got hold of a small 2200mah phone recharger battery which I plumbed into the existing wiring. HDBiker pro USB charges charger, Charger powers the recorder. I turn the unit on and off at the recorder manually now. Had no problems over a few of an hour or two duration rides. No lock ups at all. I've included pics of the setup. Charger fits into indent in battery.

Attachments

• IMG_2623 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2623 (Medium).JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2624 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2624 (Medium).JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 15
Hi folks. Did a little cleaning up under the seat of the Harley soft tail this morning.
Took some pics which may assist others looking for installation solutions.
Currently mounted camera discretely on bracket on forks near tool bag, Recorder on Velcro strips under carrier on back mudguard until issues resolved then hopefully full time under seat.
Used a little fuse splitter from jaycar to patch off my power from the fuse box without having to cut into power wires.
Umbilical cable running under tank. Going to use the camera this weekend and see if there is an improvement. Also put a tiny piece of tape over microphone so still get sound but not wind noise. Going to check that out as well. RegardsView attachment 21728 View attachment 21729 View attachment 21730 View attachment 21731 View attachment 21732 View attachment 21733

Hi Steelo, I also need to look at a fuse splitter but I may need a mini fuse splitter.....Jaycar only have the one you used.
Wondering do you know where I could purchase a mini fuse splitter?

Hi Steelo, I also need to look at a fuse splitter but I may need a mini fuse splitter.....Jaycar only have the one you used.
Wondering do you know where I could purchase a mini fuse splitter?

Jaycar have Mini and Micro fuse taps, maybe your local store was out of stock?

Ok thanks mate, as I looked up there website and didn't seem to have them.

Not sure if it's micro or mini.... I do now it's a small fuse. My bike is a 2008 Suzuki boulevard M109r

sorry its taken me some time to respond. The fuse jumper units which have the thinner slightly pointed prongs / teeth are for motorbikes. The ones with the larger square prongs are for cars. Jaycar only had bike ones when I looked. Get a spare 15amp fuse (or the same size as the one you are jumping
IMG_2544 (Medium).JPG

Hi I'm back.
Thanks to the background assistance of Jon at Pier 28 I was contacted by the factory in China and invited to send the unit back to them for assessment which I did.
Quite some time went by and with some discussion back and forward on shipping fees, replacement, repair or refund, I got my original unit back.
Apparently the cable was faulty and the plug in the back of the camera unit was broken / loose.
I was also told that the camera was quite dirty and to keep it cleaner. Would could have thought that might happen on a motorbike?
I simply wiped my memory card and but it back into the camera. I have installed it back on the bike with the camera part mounted higher and closer in to the front light and I am happy to report that it worked as designed on the weekend. I am very pleased with the quality of the footage and look forward to having a long and trouble free run with the unit.
I have been invited to keep in contact with the contact at the factory if anything changes.
Thank you to all for your interest, possible options and assistance.
Steelo

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase the controller mounts (curved and flat )for the bullet hd Pro? It seem Bullethd Australia website is always out of stock. I want to re-position my Controller.

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase the controller mounts (curved and flat )for the bullet hd Pro? It seem Bullethd Australia website is always out of stock. I want to re-position my Controller.

We have most accessories on our Pier28 site. Search for BAC0
And you'll see everything.

We have most accessories on our Pier28 site. Search for BAC0
And you'll see everything.
Off Topic...Jokiin can you tell me if the SG9665GC will be getting a brand new chipset to replace the original one, and if so can you tell me if you have a ETA when the production will start.

We are working on updated models with newer chipsets but those are in addition to the GC, not to replace it

We are working on updated models with newer chipsets but those are in addition to the GC, not to replace it
How will it compare price of each and will it look like the original wedge

Can't confirm pricing at this stage, design is similar but not exactly the same
Thank you for quick reply as usual

Back