C lens going out of focus?

I can attest to this. Last weekend we took a trip down to MI Ann Harbour, was about 5 hr journey, the 64gb microSD card captured the entire 5 hr journey end to end. Later after getting back home, i did realize that the very first hour of the video was much sharper than the rest of the video definately looks out of focus.
Seems when it heats up it affects the sharpnesss of the lens.

So I just got an email from Banggood. They don't care about my order number that I provided them with, what they want is to show them Bangoods postage but not realizing that to open that plastic bag the postage was ripped to pieces because it had tape on it. Provided them with pics from this thread but now they want videos of the lens and dashcam. Sounds to me like it is not getting anywhere.

So I just got an email from Banggood. They don't care about my order number that I provided them with, what they want is to show them Bangoods postage but not realizing that to open that plastic bag the postage was ripped to pieces because it had tape on it. Provided them with pics from this thread but now they want videos of the lens and dashcam. Sounds to me like it is not getting anywhere.

That's the downside of banggood their CS is the worst !
I once bought a micro SD card reader from them for $1 and they wanted me to do a video for them to send me a replacement LOL

I obviously just threw it in the garbage can

That's the downside of banggood their CS is the worst !
I once bought a micro SD card reader from them for $1 and they wanted me to do a video for them to send me a replacement LOL

I obviously just threw it in the garbage can

Agree Banggood is nothing but trouble. I've placed orders for RC Drones and accessories worth 1500 dollars with expedited 7-10 days shipping since 2 weeks and they haven't even shipped the item yet. Every other day they've been sending me redundant emails with some stupid msg

@Johny: I do not want to put gas on fire, but why have you bought it from Banggood? Last august, I asked them about the warranty period they offer for a B Lens Mobius Camera and the answer was: no warranty period, only 3 days to contact them if the product arrives faulty.

:( just the other day i was thinking should i keep the packing or throw it away

i guess i'll have to manually refocus it for summer and for winter, at least twice a year,

Bought it from them because they were the only ones who was selling a complete C lens Mobius. I looked in US and no one had it, plus a lot of people that bought Möbius from them were posting good reviews.

I've had many positive experiences with Banggood in the past and have recommended them highly. As one example, when I received a defective Mobius "B" lens module they responded very quickly and seemed eager to be helpful. After I sent some screen shots they shipped out a replacement module immediately via express shipping and didn't even ask me to send back the defective one. They also happen to have the best selection of individual replacement and aftermarket parts for the Mobius available anywhere and so have proved to be a good resource. Other items I've ordered have been received in a reasonable amount of time and in good condition. Unfortunately, something has changed over there and their service has gone way down hill. I ordered a Mobius C cam and some other items from them on February 8th that were claimed to be in stock but still have not shipped! In the interim all I've gotten is a load of outright BS and unresponsive replies from customer service thanking me for my "kindness" along with misleading statements and even apparent lies about the status of my order.

Interesting as I ordered mine on Feb 10th and got it on 22-23rd I think.

Interesting as I ordered mine on Feb 10th and got it on 22-23rd I think.

From what I understand, the whole problem started when one of the smaller items I ordered was out of stock so they held up the entire order for weeks because of it. I think by then the Mobius C stock had sold out and they apparently didn't want to admit that to me initially when I asked them to ship the camera right away and not worry about the other incidental items I ordered. It became a long convoluted story not worth going into here but that I may describe more fully in the vendors feedback forum as a counterbalance to the glowing recommendation I left for them there some months ago.

If the vendor will not go good complain to your credit card company.

If the vendor will not go good complain to your credit card company.

Banggood will happily refund my money if I wish. They may have totally bleeped up this order but they are not crooks.

Edit: Just to explain a little further, I wouldn't ordinarily have been quite so patient or let this go on so long but I thought the initial delay was due to Chinese New Year. It was weeks later that Banggood finally admitted the camera was not in stock and became evasive and then basically lied about when it might ship.

Last edited:
If the composite threaded base mount for the C lens proves to be a focus problem when the temperature changes, I intend to swap the C lens into an older metal threaded base module and see if that might be the solution to this problem.

I think they are doing it to save on shipping, Amazon does the same and if you want separate items to be shipped they charge extra.

Developers of Datakam dashcams have tried out many different materials to solve issues with losing focus due to temperature changes. After many trials, metal lens holder were chosen to be used in their products. I am not sure what Panorama uses but I am not complaining as the temp was 109 F outside last summer and the camera had zero issues with focus even when running 18mbps.

Developers of Datakam dashcams have tried out many different materials to solve issues with losing focus due to temperature changes. After many trials, metal lens holder were chosen to be used in their products. I am not sure what Panorama uses but I am not complaining as the temp was 109 F outside last summer and the camera had zero issues with focus even when running 18mbps.

we went to a metal lens and lens holder in the SG9665GC for the same reason, they're the best at holding focus

looks like you were right about bangood using customers as product testers, i asked them about this problem and their response is
"Sorry about that. We have contacted with manufacturer and will improve it.
0.gif
"

looks like you were right about bangood using customers as product testers, i asked them about this problem and their response is
0.gif
"

No. Sellers/retailers usually test their customers psychologically not the products they sell.

0.gif
"

I could make a program that gives better answers.

If money flows which it will they will not fix it.

It took over a month to get mine from Banggood, I just used it for the first time today. I'll see if I have this problem.

Back