C lens going out of focus?

I have noticed the same problem, I'll post some pictures soon. I contacted Banggood and linked them to the other thread, they asked for pictures of the issue and my shipping label. I don't have the shipping label, it was destroyed when I opened the package. I have no idea why Chinese companies always ask for that. Hopefully I don't have a problem because of that.

I had to be a bit persistent but they promised to send the new lens in couple of days from the CN warehous, even without the picture of the package, they didnt even ask for it.
Does it fit in the V3C case without any issues?

I had to be a bit persistent but they promised to send the new lens in couple of days from the CN warehous, even without the picture of the package, they didnt even ask for it.
Does it fit in the V3C case without any issues?
The new module doesn't fit the V3 case.

The V3C case looks like it could be modified to fit with some work, but if the new case can be found for the same price as the previous case, it's probably not worth the effort.

Last edited:
Just ordered a Mobius with the 'C' lens from SpyTec here in the US just before I found this thread. I'll have to try to do some tests and comparisons against my current 'A' model when I receive it.

Mine appears to be the worst yet. 40 minutes in 57 degree (F) weather. I sent these to Banggood.

Mqt2mHP.jpg

REUGeEU.jpg

be interested in what sort of response you get from Banggood, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired in my experience

be interested in what sort of response you get from Banggood, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired in my experience

The fact they already have sent it to others gives me hope, but we'll have to see. I'm impressed they responded like they did.

The fact they already have sent it to others gives me hope, but we'll have to see. I'm impressed they responded like they did.

haven't had experience with product problems thankfully but other dealings I've had with them so far have been quite poor, maybe it's just one bad staff member though and not a company culture thing

I've ordered quite a few times from Banggood and always had very positive experiences. When I received a bad Mobius "B" module they responded immediately and courteously and sent me a replacement very promptly without asking for the bad one back. More recently I ordered a "C" lens Mobius on February 8th that was said to be in stock along with another unrelated item (which was allegedly shipped but mysteriously on two different dates) and have yet to receive either item. My saga is too long to go into here but I've gotten nothing but misinformation, contradictory answers and apparent BS from customer "service". As this has been so unlike my previous experience with them I am left to wonder if it comes down to the particular staff member I have had to deal with. Either way when a vendor states that an item is in stock and your order hasn't shipped for over two months something is very wrong. Almost time for a PayPal dispute.

Last edited:
I've ordered quite a few times from Banggood and always had very positive experiences. When I received a bad Mobius "B" module they responded immediately and courteously and sent me a replacement very promptly without asking for the bad one back. More recently I ordered a "C" lens Mobius on February 8th that was said to be in stock along with another unrelated item (which was allegedly shipped but mysteriously on two different dates) and have yet to receive either item. My saga is too long to go into here but I've gotten nothing but misinformation, contradictory answers and apparent BS from customer "service". As this has been so unlike my previous experience with them I am left to wonder if it comes down to the particular staff member I have had to deal with. Either way when a vendor states that an item is in stock and your order it hasn't shipped for over two months something is very wrong. Almost time for a PayPal dispute.

I would have disputed long ago if I was you. Unfortunately Chinese sellers are very hit or miss, even with the same company from my experience. If I have any issues here I'll just file a credit card dispute but I don't want it to come to that. I actually want a new module!

I would have disputed long ago if I was you. Unfortunately Chinese sellers are very hit or miss, even with the same company from my experience. If I have any issues here I'll just file a credit card dispute but I don't want it to come to that. I actually want a new module!

Don't forget, Chinese New Year was in the mix as well, along with the potential for the new version of the defective C lens to have caused a delay. Proper customer service would make a difference here. Perhaps I'm just more of a patient sort than you?

Don't forget, Chinese New Year was in the mix as well, along with the potential for the new version of the defective C lens to have caused a delay. Proper customer service would make a difference here. Perhaps I'm just more of a patient sort than you?

In 2015 if you're waiting over 25 business days from China to USA then something is very wrong....

In 2015 if you're waiting over 25 business days from China to USA then something is very wrong....

I don't see how what year it is has anything to do with the situation but essentially the camera was not in stock as originally claimed and was back ordered much longer than they apparently anticipated. If they had been honest about this turn of events it may have been different but what was wrong here is the customer service staff member's disingenuous approach to how she handled this matter.

I hesitated to post about this subject here but @jokiin was curious about another member's response from Banggood so I posted about mine as well. There is an "Owner's Feedback on Vendor's" thread elsewhere on this forum and that would be a more appropriate place to continue any further discussion on this topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see how what year it is has anything to do with the situation but essentially the camera was not in stock as originally claim and was back ordered much longer than they apparently anticipated. If they had been honest about this turn of events it may have been different but what was wrong here is the customer service staff member's disingenuous approach to how she handled this matter.

I hesitated to post about this subject here but @jokiin was curious about another member's response from Banggood so I posted about mine as well. There is an "Owner's Feedback on Vendor's" thread elsewhere on this forum and that would be a more appropriate place to continue any further discussion on this topic.

I mentioned the year because shipping times from China have drastically improved from even 2-3 years ago.

I agree, I'll keep everyone updated on Banggood's response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually shipping times are worse than they were a few years ago as the handling rules for small electronics have changed dramatically in that time, the issue with Banggood for me has not been shipping delays, it has been about knowingly selling things they don't have and not being honest about it

Just got a couple new C lenses today with the new cable design.

Attachments

• New C Lenses Crop.jpg
    New C Lenses Crop.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 38
Back