Keiman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
C600
Have just acquired one to test.
1st impressions.
Like the compact size. Easy to set up. Suction mount appears robust enough for the job.

Menu easy to use and even when reset easy to change back to English language. The appropriate button shows ABC so not a problem.
The only bug to me is when you want to set a vehicle registration as there are only 6 digits available -UK plates tend to be 7 digits.

Actual performance.
Picture is in focus
Appears to be true HD 30fps, 27000kbyte,1222x1080

Records at 30fps with a bitrate of 27000 kbytes
More after a few more plays with it.

OK the output is AVI but it means I can play it back on my Android tablet using superhd player.
Have not tried recording audio yet but number plates are readable when video is frozen and enlarged.
Have not played with the exposure settings, the change from clip to clip is reasonable and auto start/shutdown is not affected by the change from acc to ignition/cranking the engine.
I have found an electronic zoom function on the camera as well.

another update, now using a Kingston 16G class 4 card and every thing seems to work well.
Focus etc is not affected driving in the rain and detail is perfectly readable including the number plates of vehicles in front when stationary at lights or slow moving traffic.
Annoyed I did not have it on whilst waiting for grandchild to come out of school as I would have recorded a Police Vectra sliding towards a kerb when some **** pulled out in front of him although he was running blues and twos at the time.

Keiman have you ever use the camera for more than 2 hours strait ?

check the last film after 2 hours and see if you dont have a blurry image.

I have one C600 and after one hour or so of filming the camera became hot and the images are all blurry.

If i park the car in the sun all the images are blurry :(

Not had a problem yet but I did decide to get the dremel out and drill a series of fine holes around the case.
The pcb's were removed first so I could see where the battery was.

The holes may help.

When you make a long use of the c600 check your first and last film, if your camera its ok i will believe that mine was the defective one.

I will be checking this post.

thks

Last edited:
It stops loop recording after 14 hours continuous use. (using it for surveillance) Major increase in recording time with sound recording off.

C600 like the one below?
It was my 1st dashcam and not bad for the $10 I spent after I fixed focus issue.
Mine couldn't record 1080p @ 30fps with NT96220 chip.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/out-of-focus-blurry-c600-dashcam-videos-and-pictures.5724/

dsc00854-c600-jpg.5415

It may have different versions but mine had Novatek NT96220 chip and can only record at 720p and interpolated 1080p.
dsc00858-c600-jpg.5416

Last edited by a moderator:
Back