Cam RESET itself to factory setting by

I've had at least 2 resets since the July firmware. One a few days after flashing it and again in the last few days.

Моя камера также сбрасывает настройки. Установили прошивку в ноябре - через две недели сбросьте настройки! Я уже устал искать образец этого поведения камеры ...

If they really want to help, consider putting the saved settings to the SD card. Seriously, how big could that file be? The firmware guys could just do a quick CRC on the settings on the cam, if it fails, then load up the settings from the SD card. So even if the memory gets corrupted, there will be backup copy.

This is actually a good idea, I second it. Why not implement it? It can’t be that hard.

I also have been having the same issue, reverts to default settings.

Hey. Logged in just because of this topic. Some of you guys might struggle with different, hardware related issue. Try to disconnect the rear camera cable, from the main camera. I have quite some heavy resetting with rear camera connected, but OK without it. Some blame the cable, I was about to disassemble the main camera to see if there is not any short-circuit in the connector, but it seems to be the cable or the rear camera. It helps A LOT, if I don´t push the rear camera connector "balls deep" into the main camera. I avoid that last click, and then it is much much better....

Yes!! I did notice the same result a few weeks ago, in my case when I was connecting the rear camera the screen split in a weird way20180413_000417.jpg and the recording always came up corrupted.
(also reset when it was hot and left in car) when my second camera doesn't behave like this one at all.
I did update the camera with the last "update" and so far it's been working fine but that really defeat the purpose of having a dual camera! I did try to contact the seller and never had an answer!

P.s. so far stop resetting but when I connect rear camera still get corrupted screen image, recording and it reset.

Yes. This issue bugs many people. Some got it solved by new cable. Some say it´s the interference across the long cable, and so on. Too bad. It would be very nice camera, but this way it cannot be trusted.

Hey. Logged in just because of this topic. Some of you guys might struggle with different, hardware related issue. Try to disconnect the rear camera cable, from the main camera. I have quite some heavy resetting with rear camera connected, but OK without it. Some blame the cable, I was about to disassemble the main camera to see if there is not any short-circuit in the connector, but it seems to be the cable or the rear camera. It helps A LOT, if I don´t push the rear camera connector "balls deep" into the main camera. I avoid that last click, and then it is much much better....

If what you say is true, then it could be the cable is not properly shielded. In a car environment, which is very noisy (electrically speaking), with a not properly shielded cable, spikes can occur either on the power or data line, which could cause a partial disconnect from the main CAM. That should lead to corrupted videos but shouldn't lead to corruption of the configuration information.

In theory, the configuration info should only be updated when changes are made, which is when accessing the menu and actually making a change. During normal driving condition, the configuration should never be change. No change-> no need to access the configuration info-> should not be corrupted. The only possibility that could cause a corruption is the CAM does not have a dedicated storage area for the configuration info for itself, but is shared with something that is constantly changing, in which case, the unshielded cable theory could definitely cause the corruption on the configuration.

But again, all this is just a guess. Without actually knowing how the system is architect, all we can do is guess on the cause.

Yes. There are many "buts". It would take one to investigate fully, which is unlikely. Too much time & money spent on cheap chinese cam. I do electronics, and I didn´t bother. Too many better things to do.

I am thinking about buying this camera but I am quite worried abut this random resets. Is this issue kind of fixed with latest update?
I can see that fix is listed on manufacturer website
2, add setting backup function, auto save&restore settings on microSD card.

Given this issues would you recommend buying this camera?

I am thinking about buying this camera but I am quite worried abut this random resets. Is this issue kind of fixed with latest update?
I can see that fix is listed on manufacturer website

Given this issues would you recommend buying this camera?
The latest firmware's workaround for the setting issue appears to have made the resets a non issue. I checked my cam the other week after a few months running (mostly to change the time for the end of BST) and the settings were still correct.

Personally I'm looking to change the camera still as I want something even more discreet. I only paid about £85 for mine so have accepted that I got what I paid for. The firmware issues were problematic and some users are still reporting problems.

I'd say if you can find it cheaper than something like the Viofo A129 Duo (not tried but seems popular for the price) and don't want to go to the more expensive (and best supported) SG range then it could be a reasonable budget dual cam but you'll have to keep in mind that there may be issues and little support should they arise.

Thank you for answer @MedicalFlyer
I was looking for some discreet solution but I couldn't really find anything available now. What kind of camera you are looking into replacing your camera with?

Thank you for answer @MedicalFlyer
I was looking for some discreet solution but I couldn't really find anything available now. What kind of camera you are looking into replacing your camera with?
I'm waiting for the Street Guardian DR unit with both cameras being remote and a main control unit to hide away.
From what's been posted here so far the cameras should be similar in size to the rear units already used on the DC, new GX2, and those on the 0906 and Viofo 129.
So you'd have 2 nice discreet cameras and very little visible to the outside world.
On the flip side there's a bit more cabling involved (power and 2 cams wired to the control unit)
It was due for release around July but a few issues with the DC that would've carried over to the DR meant they worked on getting those fixed. On the upside the delay has resulted in some minor upgrades to the DR spec by the sounds of it.

It's currently expected to be available around Jan/Feb if not before

On the upside the delay has resulted in some minor upgrades to the DR spec by the sounds of it.

if it made the original schedule it would have been 2 x IMX323, since it got delayed some updates that were pending happened so it will be 2 x IMX291 instead

Back