Cam RESET itself to factory setting by

Yay, the Cam reset itself again today. Cam was already flashed with the newest firmware.

Any response from the manufacturer on a possible theory on why this is happening?

Yay, the Cam reset itself again today. Cam was already flashed with the newest firmware.

Any response from the manufacturer on a possible theory on why this is happening?

they'll be on holidays now so you might not get a response for a while, I'm sure @Rayman.Chan will get back to you once he gets back to work

Happens to me too. Noticed it when temperature started showing in F instead of C.

The cam worked fine for around 1 month, although it does run very hot.

I've tried all 4 scenarios above and it works, so I think there's something else going on here.

Just in case, I'm attaching the log file for the good boot and the boot which the cam reset itself. This is with the newest firmware,
LD VERISON: LD_NVT
FW --- Daily Build: Jan 24 2018, 09:24:28

Attachments

• cam_reset.txt
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • good_boot.txt
    1 MB · Views: 2
Hello, any response from the manufacturer? Or should we just consider this is a known issue that will never be investigated?

By the way, both of my 0906 reset to default again this week.

have you tried the firmware without log function?
maybe the log function take too much resource which bring unstabitily.

here we made a firmware base on Jan.24 version but removed log function, please help to use this firmware to figure out.
if it is confirmed to be caused by log function, we will remove log in furture firmware.
www.mini0906.com/firmware/FIRMWARE_20180125_nolog.zip

and there is another possibility for the setting reset when vehicle parking:
the built-in RTC battery need 2 hours to be full recharged, if you drive very short everyday, the battery may not be full recharged, so the camera will lost setting when parking without hardwire kit; just as Joiin have expounded.

Will try out the nolog firmware.

As for driving too short as a possible cause, very doubtful. My commute each day is a minimum of 2 hours, which would meet the RTC battery recharge time.

Hi, I just had the same problem happen to me, and mine is only 2 days old. Have you had any luck on the new firmware?

Last edited:
The problem with testing the firmware is the time involved. On the two CAM I'm using, longest it took between a RESET occurring was over a 1 month, while the shortest was a back-to-back RESET. I wouldn't give the test firmware a thumb ups until at least a 2 month time.

have you tried the firmware without log function?
maybe the log function take too much resource which bring unstabitily.

here we made a firmware base on Jan.24 version but removed log function, please help to use this firmware to figure out.
if it is confirmed to be caused by log function, we will remove log in furture firmware.
www.mini0906.com/firmware/FIRMWARE_20180125_nolog.zip

and there is another possibility for the setting reset when vehicle parking:
the built-in RTC battery need 2 hours to be full recharged, if you drive very short everyday, the battery may not be full recharged, so the camera will lost setting when parking without hardwire kit; just as Joiin have expounded.

Last week I came back to this thread to get some updates and possible solution on the resetting issue. Luckily you have provided the "nolog firmware." Had it installed for a week now and it is not resetting the time and day. It is all good now. I will continue to monitor and hopefully it will stay as it is.

I'm sorry to say the firmware with logging disable is also no good. The CAM reset itself today.

Yeah this just happened to me too recently.

So this issue is not related to the SD card size or manufacturer. I swap out a 128GB Samsung EVO with a 64GB Lexar 1000x, the CAM still reset itself.

It also does not appear to be related to how much is written on the SD card. On the 128GB, the CAM reset itself with 20GB of free space left, or ~16% free space. The 64GB card reset itself with 39GB of free space left, or ~38% free space

Any update on this bug?

Any update on this bug?
I'm getting the same issue! It's there a way to test or change the RTC battery?! My commute it's over 2 hours every day so I doubt it's not charging and so far this is a new bug!

Также случилось, что сама камера сбросила настройки. это первый раз, почему это происходит?

Mine just reset again after several months with no issues. Running the latest firmware.
This is getting annoying....
I think we need a separate thread for posting firmware updates.

Just had mine reset yesterday after about two weeks running since installing. This is a bit of a problem it seems.

Back