Cam RESET itself to factory setting by

Happened to me... I just installed the 2nd cam yesterday, don't know whether it's related to that...

@Rayman.Chan
Today the last update to this topic from the developer is 2 MONTH ago, hope that's not the way of the brand to communicate with his customers!
Also Firmware update, people reports a lot of bugs since January and nothing happens.

Last edited:
Well, the resetting issue happened again multiple times. I thought the no_log firmware fixed it, but it was not. I hope there will be a solution to this.

@Rayman.Chan

I installed 0906 on May 1, and the resetting issue happened 3 times in the last 2 weeks, it is very annoying.

Had my third reset in three weeks now.

@Rayman.Chan here are the log files before and after the reset:

Attachments

• 20180615_153429.log.txt
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20180616_083052.log.txt
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
For what it’s worth, the cam settings resetting has been happening to me too.
Seemed to be fine for the first month, then randomly started resetting itself. Sometime now only within a few days.
Help?

Latest firmware still suffers the same problem.
Would be nice to hear something from the manufacturers

Here's a possible theory...the NAND flash used in the cam may be faulty. I said this because in addition to settings being reset to default, sometime the cam also get stuck in a boot loop. Now if the NAND flash is faultly, it could explain why the settings get lost, which cause the cam to load the defaults. It would also explain why when the cam get stuck in a boot loop reflashing of the firmware fix the problem.

Now, if this is true, no software could fix this.

@jokiin , yeah... new firmware didn't help. Flash it a week ago and had a reset happening this week.

If they really want to help, consider putting the saved settings to the SD card. Seriously, how big could that file be? The firmware guys could just do a quick CRC on the settings on the cam, if it fails, then load up the settings from the SD card. So even if the memory gets corrupted, there will be backup copy.

@jokiin , yeah... new firmware didn't help. Flash it a week ago and had a reset happening this week.
then you likely have a hardware problem

If they really want to help, consider putting the saved settings to the SD card. Seriously, how big could that file be? The firmware guys could just do a quick CRC on the settings on the cam, if it fails, then load up the settings from the SD card. So even if the memory gets corrupted, there will be backup copy.

file size is tiny, that's not the issue, it doesn't work like you would want though so it's not actually a solution

considering I'm not the only have reporting this default reset issue and no firmware has fix this, yeah, it's a hardware issue. Hence,you know, the theory of possible bad NAND flash, which is hardware.

@jokiin , yeah... new firmware didn't help. Flash it a week ago and had a reset happening this week..

Firmware was published Thursday... You wrote that on Saturday... Either it wasn't "a week ago", either you are not talking about this 5th of July firmware ...

Firmware was published Thursday... You wrote that on Saturday... Either it wasn't "a week ago", either you are not talking about this 5th of July firmware ...

the lost settings was mentioned as a fix in the new firmware so worth double checking

@Mazsola76 , well, testing out new firmware is not my professional job, so I don't really keep a record of exactly when I flash a new firmware. So, OK, I did a guesstimate on when the firmware was flash. Regardless, since the flashing with the latest and greatest firmware, the CAM has reset twice.

I have no ideea which is the "latest and greatest firmware" (there was a 24th of January FW, most of the people here are referring to that as the "newest"),
but there is a very recent firmware (July) firmware, addressing exactly your issues. I asked only if you are SURE you have uploaded THAT FW and the reset persisted. Bought myself a unit, but not installed yet - just wondering which firmware is the safest.

Last edited:
I never lost settings on the JAN firmware, but this latest one lost settings for me this week.

@Mazsola76 , Usually the term "latest and greatest" meanswhat ever is publicly available at the time. In this case, this means it's the July 4 firmware from the www.mini0906.com website. As for addressing "my problem", it did not. The cam is still resetting to default by itself. This is why I post a follow up to give feedback to the vendor that this firmware still has not fix the reset issue.

The CAM has now reset itself four time since the July 2018 firmware update.
Sunday 7/15/2018
Tuesday 7/17/2018

Back