Camera failed

I tried putting the power straight to the camera, bypassing the GPS. I still had some issues: a few corrupt video files, and a flickering screen. I decided to try plugging the camera into my USB power supply in my house and pointing the camera out my office window. I let it run for almost 6 hours. It performed flawlessly! I have 34 - 10 minute, perfect video files. I am convinced my issues are power supply related. It might be the cigarette lighter plug in my vehicle, maybe the plug-to-USB adapter that came with the camera. I am going to invest in a direct connect power supply that will go directly from my fuse box to the camera. I will keep you guys posted on the results.

I'd have to agree, sounds like the power supply is failing/flaking/under-powered. Flickering Screen is the red flag for this.

Never use built in OEM USB ports on the car, they are under-powered. Only use the supplied USB adapter or high quality 3rd party one. If the original supply is bad, your seller should give you a warranty replacement.

I tried putting the power straight to the camera, bypassing the GPS. I still had some issues: a few corrupt video files, and a flickering screen. I decided to try plugging the camera into my USB power supply in my house and pointing the camera out my office window. I let it run for almost 6 hours. It performed flawlessly! I have 34 - 10 minute, perfect video files. I am convinced my issues are power supply related. It might be the cigarette lighter plug in my vehicle, maybe the plug-to-USB adapter that came with the camera. I am going to invest in a direct connect power supply that will go directly from my fuse box to the camera. I will keep you guys posted on the results.
Sounds like your car adapter might be the issue. This is a known issue in certain cars. It appears the supplied car adapter does not fit well in certain 12V car ports, causing poor power signal. This issue has caused screen flicker and restart for some users.

I have been using the camera now for a couple of days with the direct power supply. I works differently, but still not working. Now it records a full 10 minute video file, but when I play it back the video is all choppy, it freezes for several seconds at a time, while the audio continues to play normal through the duration of the file. This thing is driving me NUTS. I know getting my money back from China will probably never happen happen but I'm going to try. Wish me luck. I'm in the process of uploading one of the videos to Dailymotion. I will post the URL tomorrow for all to look at.

I have been using the camera now for a couple of days with the direct power supply. I works differently, but still not working. Now it records a full 10 minute video file, but when I play it back the video is all choppy, it freezes for several seconds at a time, while the audio continues to play normal through the duration of the file. This thing is driving me NUTS. I know getting my money back from China will probably never happen happen but I'm going to try. Wish me luck. I'm in the process of uploading one of the videos to Dailymotion. I will post the URL tomorrow for all to look at.

try playing the same file back on the camera itself and see if it plays smoothly or not

A119 choppy playback is usually a computer problem. A119 is higher resolution than normal.

You guys are correct. After I uploaded the video to Dailymotion and replayed it, it plays perfect. I think I'll set the resolution down a notch. That's the best news I've had in a while!

A note to everybody.............. If your computer cant play 1080 HD TV properly then there is a good chance it will struggle with the camera videos

Last edited:
to be fair I need to try plugging into camera directly. I need this thing to be reliable.
I've been running the camera directly but with the GPS still attached. I had to reformat my card twice but it's been reliable in the last few weeks. Fingers crossed.

I thought I'd give everyone an update on my findings to make this A119 work correctly.
My first advice would be to get a hard wired cable to power the dashcam. Here's the ones I got (I have 2 cars).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/182409692157The next thing I would recommend is to put some dielectric grease on the contacts of the GPS module and the contacts on the dashcam itself. This will stop the issues that a lot of people blame on the GPS module. I also make the camera easier to slid on and off the GPS module.
Since I have done these two things, I have had ZERO problems with the unit. I frequently change the camera from car to car simply by sliding it off the GPS mount and putting on the one in the other car. I also remove it often when parking somewhere that I feel might be insecure, or to bring in the house to download the videos.
I hope this helps.

Back