Camera won't turn off on engine shutdown

Adiel91

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi guys
Ive received and installed my a119 dash camera, and noticed that i turn ignition switch off and take the key out, camera won't shutdown automatically.

My car is ford focus 2012
The camera has latest fw (3.4), connected to the original lighter adapter with the original usb cable.
The connection on the camera is to the mini usb port on the gps mount.

Anyone knows how to resolve this?
Thanks

Hi guys
Ive received and installed my a119 dash camera, and noticed that i turn ignition switch off and take the key out, camera won't shutdown automatically.

My car is ford focus 2012
The camera has latest fw (3.4), connected to the original lighter adapter with the original usb cable.
The connection on the camera is to the mini usb port on the gps mount.

Anyone knows how to resolve this?
Thanks
Are you using the 12V cigarette port? Maybe yours stays live for a certain amount of time after engine shut off? After you shut off the engine, check camera again after 30 minutes and see if it’s still live.

Are you using the 12V cigarette port? Maybe yours stays live for a certain amount of time after engine shut off? After you shut off the engine, check camera again after 30 minutes and see if it’s still live.

Yes, im using the cigarette lighter port.
Ive checked after 5 minutes and it was still on.

Strange thing is that if my mobile phone is connected to charging cable, charging stops immediately after i turn off the engine.

Ill try checking after 30 minutes or so as well

Thanks

Yes, im using the cigarette lighter port.
Ive checked after 5 minutes and it was still on.

Strange thing is that if my mobile phone is connected to charging cable, charging stops immediately after i turn off the engine.

Ill try checking after 30 minutes or so as well

Thanks
Is your phone connected to the same 12V port or to a dedicated USB port?

Is your phone connected to the same 12V port or to a dedicated USB port?

I have only one port -
Viofo adapter is connected to it and it has 2 usb ports, i use one for the camera and one for my phone

I have only one port -
Viofo adapter is connected to it and it has 2 usb ports, i use one for the camera and one for my phone

Is your camera battery operated? Is there a setting to switch camera off immediately when power is disconnected?

Sorry for misinformation - phone is also being charged when engine is off.

First reply was right - waited about 20 minutes and the camera was off.

Thank you!

one of my old cars did just the same.. the cigarrette port was always live... maybe perfect if you want to use parking mode lol..

my newer cars would not do this, they would shut off immediately.

Back