Can I disable the emergency "beeps" without disabling all "beeps"?

DorinTe

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought this camera about a week ago and so far I really like it. But... I think that is missing an important setting that affects the recorded audio quality.

I like to keep the "beep" sounds enabled because it warns me when the recording is off and I also like to have the feedback beep when I press any button. However, I keep my audio recording ON all the time. That means that when I press the "emergency button" the clip that is saved to the EMR directory will also contain the three "beeps" that are generated by the emergency recording while the exclamation point in the yellow triangle is displayed on the screen. In fact there are 4 beeps recorded: one that is generated by me pressing the emergency button, and then another three for the warning triangle. I find the beeps unnecessarily in the recording and in fact quite distracting. The first beep might be OK (for the button I pressed), but I would like to be able to disable the following three beeps.

Viofo, would it be possible to add a new menu in the next firmware release to disable the beep sounds for the emergency button? As of now, it is all-or-noting: the only way to disable it is to disable all beeps, including the warning that the camera is not recording :-(

Thanks,
DorinTe

So do you mean not record beep and button press sound in the video?

Exactly. If the mic is recording the sound, any beeps generated by the camera will be recorded.

It would be nice to have an option to disable the beeps for the emergency button while keeping the other beeps on. I prefer to not have the 4 beeps in the emergency video recording (one for pressing the emergency button and the other 3 while the big yellow warning sign is displayed). My proposal is to add a new option in the menu to disable the emergency beeps. Since the camera displays the yellow triangle (full screen when pressed, and then a small yellow triangle for the rest of the emergency recording), we have the visual notification that the button was pressed, no need for audio notification as well.

Back