Can I replace capacitor with LiPo ?.

Dimas

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have Papago P3 and GW-1C, both with capacitor.
I have nothing but problem with both. Sometimes it starts and corrupted files etc.
The Papago consistently does not start till a few blocks away.
I suspect both has problem with capacitor. I have both GW-1 and the C models.
I assume both have the same board and able not to overcharge the LiPo.
Any opinion ?.

If you do indeed have problems with the capacitors in either or both of your cameras (rather than a power supply or some other issue) the best repair would likely be to replace the existing super-capacitors with new ones with the same values rather than with batteries.

I am currently using a 12 to 5V 10 Amps power supply. Had same problem with the charger that comes with the Cam.
I have tried iPad charger (2.1A) and adjustable 25A power supply. No difference.

If you do indeed have problems with the capacitors in either or both of your cameras (rather than a power supply or some other issue) the best repair would likely be to replace the existing super-capacitors with new ones with the same values rather than with batteries.

I just replaced the battery of my regular GW-1 and I have 4 more new batteries.

Are you using them on car ?
Let's try on wall power adapter. Maybe your batteries is bad now.

I really don't think it is the power problem as I have tried many.

Both papago and G1W are failed at the same time ? that's weird.

Not at the same time and also in 2 different cars.
I am in Los Angeles, may be heat ?.

yes, maybe. In high temperature, some of memory card wont work properly.

Answer to the question in the title of this thread is "NO!". A charge circuit designed for a super capacitor or any other chemistry battery than LiPo will not work with a LiPo battery.
LiPo batteries tend to do bad things (read "bad things" as "burst into flames") when their voltage is too low or too high. The wrong charging circuit will cause "bad things" to happen.

Back