Cannot Disable Auto-run WiFi??

View

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got a new DR650GW-2CH after my first one crapped out on me. Before I was able to choose whether or not WiFi would start automatically when I would start the car, starting up the cam. Now it is forced on and the option to enable/disable it is greyed out in both the phone and PC app. This is annoying because I need to have my phone's wifi enabled at all times and now I have to disable the wifi by clicking the side button everytime I get in my car.

What changed? Why can't I disable the autorun wifi setting? Is there a work around?

Thank you for your time.

What firmware are you running? Did you just do an upgrade? Try to remember if you made any changes. If not, a rest maybe needed. Otherwise, something may went awry in the circuit.

I got a new DR650GW-2CH after my first one crapped out on me. Before I was able to choose whether or not WiFi would start automatically when I would start the car, starting up the cam. Now it is forced on and the option to enable/disable it is greyed out in both the phone and PC app. This is annoying because I need to have my phone's wifi enabled at all times and now I have to disable the wifi by clicking the side button everytime I get in my car.

What changed? Why can't I disable the autorun wifi setting? Is there a work around?

Thank you for your time.
Hi Chuck. If you have the latest firmware 2.002, you may have to download the cloud app, then you should be able to disable the autorun. However you will then have files only 1 minute long, and you can't change it.

I got a new DR650GW-2CH
I am guessing your "new" DR650GW came with the "cloud" enabled firmware..Relish those new features... Or, revert back to a previous BC (Before the Cloud) version of the firmware.

Thanks for all the replies but without rhyme or reason when I recently went back into the phone app to change something else, I noticed the option was enabled again. So it's all working fine. I did, however, update the firmware before I made this post but the option which was grayed out persisted. I don't know what changed since then but it's working now.

Found this post after running into the same problem. The fix is below:

If you upgrade to firmware 2.x, you'll have a new cloud based feature. Since uploading to the cloud requires a wifi connection, you can't disable it.
To get wifi options back you have to disable cloud backups.

1. Login to your blackvue via the app.
2. Go to camera settings and disable the cloud features.
3. Save
4. Wait for it to reboot
5. Login to your blackvue via the app again.
6. Go to camera settings
7. Your wifi features will be enabled.
8. Save whatever settings you change
9. Wait for it to reboot again

Back