Cannot send videos via iMessage or SMS downloaded from BluSkySea B1w

nothing stopping you uploading the files, just not the method you were hoping for, I don't think that makes it useless, Apple are very restrictive, nature of the beast sadly
Same problem trying to add the video to a message via google photos. I don’t think we can blame Apple here.

My hunch is the videos are not encoded in true .mov format from the dash cam, hence other apps cannot compress them.

Same problem trying to add the video to a message via google photos. I don’t think we can blame Apple here.

My hunch is the videos are not encoded in true .mov format from the dash cam, hence other apps cannot compress them.

just upload the file, try an app like dropbox, medifire etc, MOV is just a container, there are many possibilities for encoding but there's nothing that's not true about how the file is encoded

Odd, there was a short video, 15 seconds video clip in my local file folder. And I managed to send it out by Gmail!
Also managed to share it via Facebook here
Do you have an iPhone ? Are you able to send it to someone via iMessage or SMS ?

just upload the file, try an app like dropbox, medifire etc, MOV is just a container, there are many possibilities for encoding but there's nothing that's not true about how the file is encoded
Yep, I understand I can share it in other ways by connecting to a pc etc etc. I'm still unsure whether this problem is isolated to me, or everyone has the same issue. If its just me, I want to investigate how to fix it.

Do you have an iPhone ? Are you able to send it to someone via iMessage or SMS ?
Yes, an iPhone 7 Plus, but cannot send it out via iMessage, Not Delivered.
If I test with Wechant and QQ, it is ok to send!

Yes, an iPhone 7 Plus, but cannot send it out via iMessage, Not Delivered.
If I test with Wechant and QQ, it is ok to send!
Ok thankyou.

I think its now pretty safe to say it's a problem not just isolated to me. Below what I've worked out:

Will not send:
  • iMessage
  • SMS
  • Apple default email client
  • Twitter
  • WhatsApp
Will send:
  • Wechat
  • QQ
I firmly believe this is an issue BlueSkySea should address. Can't just blame Apple, Google, Twitter & WhatsApp.
I do not know of any other app that can save videos to your iPhone camera roll, but then you cannot send it via iMessage / SMS etc

I wonder if BlueSkySea actually see this as an issue though ? Or are they content with users just being able to download from the cam and view on their phone.

Ill see if I can email them or contact them somehow to get some info and I'll report back here

Following!
I have the same problem with my iPhone 8
Give me more details, please! How long the video footage you want to share, via which channel?

Give me more details, please! How long the video footage you want to share, via which channel?
I think the problem is pretty obvious based on the evidence in this thread.

Any video downloaded to an iphone from the B1W cannot be sent via iMessage or SMS. No matter how long the footage.

I think the problem is pretty obvious based on the evidence in this thread.

Any video downloaded to an iphone from the B1W cannot be sent via iMessage or SMS. No matter how long the footage.
So, I just trimmed a 5 min clip down to 5 Sec using the iPhone. I tried sending it by iMessage and it worked. So I’m going to play around when I have some time. I did this from my homes wifi. I did some quick looking around and it appairs uploads maximums are set by apple but also your mobile carrier?

Last edited:
My friend got a Nokia phone ( 7.0 or something )
Anyway the SMS / MMS APP in it dident allow for him to MMS a picture to anyone, but installing a new messenger APP fixed that problem.
My cheap ass UMI phone that are years older do that just fine and we are on same carrier, and i think both phones have 12 mpix cameras, of course when i send a picture on MMS it is downsized, and i think this is where my friends phone failed, though in the settings it should do that.
Nokai ENGS probably messed up Android even though on the Nokais it are a pretty stock OS.

Ok.. so let's clear something up quickly.. Your CARRIER determines whether you can send MMS via SMS.
Many smaller ones do NOT support MMS and some larger ones like Google's carriers/subsidiaries.
Can the OP check with that their carrier supports MMS? Doesn't matter whether iMessage/iOS supports it if the carrier doesn't.
We can then rule out whether it's app problem (or not). :)

Ok.. so let's clear something up quickly.. Your CARRIER determines whether you can send MMS via SMS.
Many smaller ones do NOT support MMS and some larger ones like Google's carriers/subsidiaries.
Can the OP check with that their carrier supports MMS? Doesn't matter whether iMessage/iOS supports it if the carrier doesn't.
We can then rule out whether it's app problem (or not). :)

If they're sending to another iphone, it should bypass MMS and use Apple's iMessage server.

I'b be wondering why a 1 min video is 93mb. I've seen 1 hour videos (movies) that's h.264 encoded at 500mb (I know, to do something like this, it's a lot of tweaking, but it's possible).

If this were happening to me, I'd try using something like handbrake to re-encode the video properly, whether it's a MOV, MP4, HECV, or whatever to see if that resolves the issue.

Update - I just googles imessage video limit and it seems Apple has 2 limits that can't be exceeded. 1st is length, at 3.5 mins and the 2nd is size. People are saying Apple does not make it clear in their documentation on the size limit, but I'm reading anything from 10mb to100mb as the size limit.

Good luck with this... If anything, I'd try the reencoding path to shrink the filesize to less than 25mb. Then see what happens.

Last edited:
If they're sending to another iphone, it should bypass MMS and use Apple's iMessage server.
Ummm no.. It doesn't work that way. Think about how they get to the iMessage service when the carrier doesn't support MMS?? There's no separate pathway.
It's ALL carrier driven.

Ummm no.. It doesn't work that way. Think about how they get to the iMessage service when the carrier doesn't support MMS?? There's no separate pathway.
It's ALL carrier driven.

Why do you think Apple is so controlling? It's because they want a specific experience when it comes to their product. Why do you think messages in iMessage is green or blue? Unless iMessage isn't being used for whatever reason, an iPhone will always look to iMessage 1st. If something's not right, then it uses the carriers MMS/SMS service. How do I know this? I work for a major wireless carrier and they gave me an iPhone to demo. What I noticed right away was how quickly the iPhone could send pics and video to other iPhones in iMessage, so I spoke with a couple guys in network. They said iPhones always try using Apple's iMessage server 1st because it's optimized for iPhones.

Why do you think Apple is so controlling? It's because they want a specific experience when it comes to their product. Why do you think messages in iMessage is green or blue? Unless iMessage isn't being used for whatever reason, an iPhone will always look to iMessage 1st. If something's not right, then it uses the carriers MMS/SMS service. How do I know this? I work for a major wireless carrier and they gave me an iPhone to demo. What I noticed right away was how quickly the iPhone could send pics and video to other iPhones in iMessage, so I spoke with a couple guys in network. They said iPhones always try using Apple's iMessage server 1st because it's optimized for iPhones.
No offense, but it doesn't work that way. iMessage STILL REQUIRES carrier support to GET TO IT!! Yes.. "iPhones always try using Apple's iMessage server 1st because it's optimized for iPhones" is correct, but there is NO separate connection from your phone to the apple service. It CONNECTS thru your carrier. If your carrier doesn't support MMS, then you are SOL. That's how it works. I might know.. I spent 5 yrs in a major carriers IT dept.
Either way, it's not the camera's fault.

No offense, but it doesn't work that way. iMessage STILL REQUIRES carrier support to GET TO IT!! Yes.. "iPhones always try using Apple's iMessage server 1st because it's optimized for iPhones" is correct, but there is NO separate connection from your phone to the apple service. It CONNECTS thru your carrier. If your carrier doesn't support MMS, then you are SOL. That's how it works. I might know.. I spent 5 yrs in a major carriers IT dept.
Either way, it's not the camera's fault.
Of course your carrier is going to be the conduit to iMessage, but if you’re carrier for whatever reason didn’t offer MMS/SMS, iMessage can and will still work to other iPhones on iMessage. For example, one can still send iMessage texts even when it never hits the carrier network because is not dependent on SMS/MMS. One can do it using WiFi with any internet connection. Basically iMessage is Apple’s SMS/MMS service for their products and is really only dependent on a data connection to their server, not a carriers server.

Of course your carrier is going to be the conduit to iMessage, but if you’re carrier for whatever reason didn’t offer MMS/SMS, iMessage can and will still work to other iPhones on iMessage. For example, one can still send iMessage texts even when it never hits the carrier network because is not dependent on SMS/MMS. One can do it using WiFi with any internet connection. Basically iMessage is Apple’s SMS/MMS service for their products and is really only dependent on a data connection to their server, not a carriers server.

another example, iMessage can work on iPods, nothing to do with the cellular network

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
facklere B1W 1
4 B1W 2
F B1W 6
S B1W 10
M B1W 4
Back