Can't reliably read cards with supplied card reader

Ok, cool. Clearly I'm in the minority, then, which is great news in this case!

Right, I agree, it's a nice thing for some (a lot of?) people. And I'm guessing it's neither a loss leader nor a significant cost center. But there's no option to buy the cams without a card and a reader right? I guess what I'm saying is that if I'm going to pay for it and you're going to ship it, I hope you at least make a couple bucks on them, because I don't want or need them :)
Costs us next to nothing to add it during production, if we left it out it wouldn't necessarily change the price the camera sells for at retail anyway

microsoft just came to mind here.

We find it's best to sell a premium product as a deluxe package/kit. We get quite a bit of good feedback about the extras.
+2. In my mind it's not a lot different than people who buy high(er) trim vehicles - they come with a lot of features that I'm sure are not used by everyone, but a lot would complain (or at least notice) if they weren't there. It's a matter of positioning the product in the market and delivering (perceived) value.

I appreciate getting the memory card with the camera, even if it had been an extra cost option. That way I am pretty well assured that particular brand of card will work with the camera, and those trials and errors of other cards can get expensive. At first though I was suspect of the memory card itself, assuming the reader-adapter gadget is a straight through passive device, no active components, then again I've never taken one apart. I think every micro SD card I've bought came with a reader.

I appreciate getting the memory card with the camera, even if it had been an extra cost option. That way I am pretty well assured that particular brand of card will work with the camera, and those trials and errors of other cards can get expensive.

we've found in the past that if a card is not included people often make poor choices when it comes to sourcing a memory card and end up with fake cards or ones with compatibility issues like Sandisk Ultra, non branded generics etc

An ounce of prevention sounds like it might well be worth a pound of cure!

An ounce of prevention sounds like it might well be worth a pound of cure!

pretty much, we don't put any markup on the cards, it's not about trying to profit off the cards, just making sure people have the right card for the job

I like the included card reader and i have no issues on PC or through OTG.

I keep mine in the car in case i need to playback video on my phone.

I keep mine in the car in case i need to playback video on my phone.
same here, that's the only one i have tested and works and kept in center console.

Back