Changing Yi Action Camera UI from Chinese to English

Telling people to "Try to understand" is just as bad.
You're the second person to be condescending instead of helpful. Why?

1. Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/zcvlgq0xni91l2z/autoexec.ash?dl=0
2. Delete everything in that file (not explained anywhere above to delete and replace, by the way!)
3. Made sure last line was a blank space.
4. Made sure to save as UNIX and not UTF-8 code.
3. Insert SD card into camera and reboot camera (also not mentioned above)
4. Removed Yi Action for ios
5. Rebooted phone
6. Reinstalled Yi Action for ios
7. Rebooted phone
8. Connect to yi wifi
9. Open yi action
10. App is still in Chinese.

How about confirming if I'm doing something wrong instead of telling people they are stupid.

Downloading thr file and puting it on sd card should be all you need to do. this file worked for others, so dont know why you have problem

This video should explain a lot

HI,

I,m new here. I recently bought Xiaomi yi action camera white international version as said on the description on amazon, but apparently they sent me Chinese version. Anyways I was hoping you can help me. Is there any way I can change the language on the IOS app, because when I connect the camera the app changes to Chinese.

Perhaps a screen shot of the English version of the app settings would help if anyone has it.
Thanks.

Last edited:
To those who have never written a script...

I got this to work after a failure using Windows 7, but I never did understand what people meant by leave the last line blank.

It also is not clear to me why someone uploaded a file that has the wrong script and left instructions instead of uploading a working file

What worked is:

Load Pspad (free) so you can see if you are unix format or not (supposed to be unix). It should say unix on the bottom. I tried using notepad the first failed time so maybe somehow Pspad is better.

Download and copy the drop box file (earlier in thread) to a mini SD card.

Open it on the card using Pspad

Copy:

#paste your desired sn below
test board config psn Z23L545AUS0838883

and paste it over the existing text, being careful not to disturb the mysterious "empty last line" by highlighting only the text you are replacing (if you look after the text ends aren't last lines always empty? Is there a special procedure for inserting an "empty line"?

Save

Uninstall Yi Action from phone and reboot. Start up the phone and reload Yi Action

Put the mini SD in the Yi. Start up the Yi and the blue ring on the front will blink, and not go solid.

Turn off Yi and restart it. If yours acts like mine the blue ring will now go solid. Turn on wi-fi

Connect the cell to the Yi wifi. It should show as a new network and you again enter the Yi password 1234567890

Worked for me.

If anyone can explain the last line blank thing I would be obliged.

To those who have never written a script...

I got this to work after a failure using Windows 7, but I never did understand what people meant by leave the last line blank.

It also is not clear to me why someone uploaded a file that has the wrong script and left instructions instead of uploading a working file

What worked is:

Load Pspad (free) so you can see if you are unix format or not (supposed to be unix). It should say unix on the bottom. I tried using notepad the first failed time so maybe somehow Pspad is better.

Download and copy the drop box file (earlier in thread) to a mini SD card.

Open it on the card using Pspad

Copy:

#paste your desired sn below
test board config psn Z23L545AUS0838883

and paste it over the existing text, being careful not to disturb the mysterious "empty last line" by highlighting only the text you are replacing (if you look after the text ends aren't last lines always empty? Is there a special procedure for inserting an "empty line"?

Save

Uninstall Yi Action from phone and reboot. Start up the phone and reload Yi Action

Put the mini SD in the Yi. Start up the Yi and the blue ring on the front will blink, and not go solid.

Turn off Yi and restart it. If yours acts like mine the blue ring will now go solid. Turn on wi-fi

Connect the cell to the Yi wifi. It should show as a new network and you again enter the Yi password 1234567890

Worked for me.

If anyone can explain the last line blank thing I would be obliged.

Is this applicable to Yi 4k action camera?

I just got my new Yi Action Camera.
Immediately after connecting the iPhone to the camera the UI is changing from English to Chinese.
Looking for instruction ow to correct the above.
Thanks

Were you able to change the language to English? Is your camera the Yi 4k?

AGAIN, THE LATEST UPDATE ON MY WEBSITE OF XIMODE HAS ALSO AN ENGLISH VERSION. THIS VERSION CHANGES THE APP FROM CHINES TO ENGLISH.

Were you able to change the language to English? Is your camera the Yi 4k?
I think there is a brand new Yi 2. Mine is the original (I paid $70), it does 1080 60p and I think 2K 30p

You seems good. Do you think there's a way to change language on the yi II action cam 4K too ?

Back