cigarette lighter adapter

sie wise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i currently use my GPS in the cigarette lighter but when i get my new dash cam i will need to put this into the same socket - is there adapter you can purchase to double up - otherwise i will have to get it hard wired.
thank you for your replies in advance

i currently use my GPS in the cigarette lighter but when i get my new dash cam i will need to put this into the same socket - is there adapter you can purchase to double up - otherwise i will have to get it hard wired.
thank you for your replies in advance

You can buy multi-socket adapters for the 12v socket. My car has two triples piggy-backing on each other and screwed to the side of the passenger footwell (currently running two front and one rear cam, plus often an experimental cam somewhere else).
My wife's car has a twin adapter - one for each cam.
The family car has an adapter (with twin-12v socket plus single USB) screwed to the side of the passenger footwell (and it has a cut-out if the car battery gets too low), plus the car has a second 12v socket in the boot, and provision for a third 12v socket behind the handbrake in top-spec models (but covered by a blanking plate in our modest-spec model).

Some people use 12v-to-USB adapters and plug in USB-to-miniUSB cables which run to their cams or devices. Some cams can be a bit fussy about voltage drop over 3-4 metre lengths with the common 28AWG USB cables and may prefer the larger-bore 24AWG if you can find them.

Back