Sebas_theFish

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Recently started using the cloud features of the U1000 however it is not uploading incident videos to the cloud as it should. I receive notifications of an 'impact' during parking mode but checking the video section of the app it's always empty.
I have both cloud upload options turned on under Network Settings but it isn't doing it.
Also opening the notification only brings up the map and time/date of the impact and no video.

Thinkware Dash Cam

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
U1000, Q800PRO, X700, FA200, F70, M1
There are two different notifications. The first is impact notification while parked. This will send you a notification when a small impact occurs.

The second is strong impact notification while parked. This require's a higher g force impact to be triggered and has two different sensitivities to choose from.
  • Impact 1 = 3G required for the video to be uploaded
  • Impact 2 = 4G required for the video to be uploaded.

OP
S

Sebas_theFish

Reaction score
Country
Australia
The notifications work fine, but isn't it supposed to upload a video of the impact to the cloud as well?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Thinkware Dash Cam

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
U1000, Q800PRO, X700, FA200, F70, M1
The notifications work fine, but isn't it supposed to upload a video of the impact to the cloud as well?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Can you please share a screenshot of the notifications you are receiving? The push first notifications will either say "impact detected" or "strong impact detected". If you are only receiving "impact detected" notifications = the impacts are not strong enough to trigger the video upload.

Only "strong impact" notifications will follow up with an upload to the cloud. This second notification comes a few minutes later.