Complete Review BlackSys CF-100. 2Ch 1080p Sony Exmor CMOS + 720p, GPS, 24/7 Parking.

I don't want anyone to think I got lost. This project is up and running, but I am having a hard time syncing all 4 video correctly in to one because more often then not for some reason one camera boots before the other.

FYI
On Korean market it also known as EAGLE CF-100

A1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

Wonder why they even bother with a 16gb card... It's just about useless, especially if you use parking mode. Even 64 can seem small with two cameras running in parking mode.

Wonder why they even bother with a 16gb card... It's just about useless, especially if you use parking mode. Even 64 can seem small with two cameras running in parking mode.

I think to keep price down, especially these days now where memory cards prices falls down so quickly and unpredictable, it is not worth for manufacturer buying huge stock of high capacity memory cards because you never know how much tomorrow price falls, so they just add small ( big ? ) enough capacity memory card to "get to know" dashcam first few days and later customer decides if he want to buy 32 or 64gb memory card.

Does anyone else (besides street guardian) include cards? Seems to me it's an obvious place to save money on the manufacturer side. And let the customer choose. Only thing I've ever used my 16gb card for is to upgrade the firmware on the cf100.

Does anyone else (besides street guardian) include cards? Seems to me it's an obvious place to save money on the manufacturer side. And let the customer choose. Only thing I've ever used my 16gb card for is to upgrade the firmware on the cf100.

depends where you're selling, we sell in retail channels where memory cards aren't sold so if someone were to buy our camera they couldn't use it until they went somewhere else and bought a memory card

another reason for including a card is to make sure the customer has the right type of card, not an eBay fake etc

a previous post mentioned that a beep occurs with certain bumps while driving. does this still happen or is there a way to turn off the beep? I have my car lowered on coilovers with low profile tires and it's not the smoothest ride. considering just buying it at the deal price now on amazon and figuring it out for myself anyway.

I don't recall seeing any options to disable just the beep, but there is a general system volume control and I believe you can disable to G sensor completely, which should also disable the beep.

KuoH

a previous post mentioned that a beep occurs with certain bumps while driving. does this still happen or is there a way to turn off the beep?

i would not recommend turning down the volume because then you won't get voice notices for things like SD Card errors, nor will you know whether it actually started or stopped recording.

and yes, you can disable the accelerometer or g-sensor completely. even in my wife's minivan with mushy tires, it would still beepbeep and lock files for certain railroad crossings, most speed bumps, and the bump at the end of our driveway. can't imagine how often it'd go off in a sports car.

Yeah, they should change it to actually correlate to a G number instead of an arbitrary slider and allow a higher value in addition to separating driving and parking modes. Maybe somebody will have the ultimate dashcam out by 2017 and it won't cost an arm, leg and spleen.

KuoH

can't imagine how often it'd go off in a sports car.

so i would essentially lose the g-sensor for parking mode (no events ever recorded) if i turned it off. sounds like i may have to return the camera before it even comes haha. i know my car will set off the event mode with normal driving but we'll see how it goes.

parking mode... i'm not sure whether the accelerometer gets used anyway. mine records stuff into the park folder all the time, and it seems to be motion-related - people walking by, cars pulling in/out from adjacent parking spaces, just driving down the row, that sort of thing. so if you do notice something, you need to pull the card asap so it doesn't get overwritten. at least while driving, you can click the button to lock a file for something you saw happen.

Ordered this morning and two sets arrived on my doorstep tonight, crazy Amazon! Camera is much smaller than I thought actually.

For those that have this, I read that we can still use a 64gb card but formatted. Any card recommendations on brands that will be reliable and do well with this camera?

Don't use a regular Sandisk card. Mine killed a card after only a few months with parking mode.

And you do have to format a 64gb card directly in the camera. Search this forum for instructions.

I've been using Samsung Evo and Gskill 64GB cards, swapped and backed up daily without any issues. As for formatting, I used my PC and formatted them to exfat also without any issues.

KuoH

Don't use a regular Sandisk card. Mine killed a card after only a few months with parking mode.

And you do have to format a 64gb card directly in the camera. Search this forum for instructions.

How can you determine the firmware version running on this camera? Possible stupid question but I cannot find it in the manual.

Back