Complete Review of G1W-C CAPACITOR based dash camera NT96650 + AR0330 1080p / 30Fps

to anyone considering this model I would suggest buying from Foxoffer, the review is based on their version and it seems there is second version of this product out that other sellers have and it doesn't perform as it should

to anyone considering this model I would suggest buying from Foxoffer, the review is based on their version and it seems there is second version of this product out that other sellers have and it doesn't perform as it should
From my previous post (New camera - firmware version? G3 33dp v07). I bought from Gearbest and this was supposed to be a G1W-C but apparently it is the standard G1w with battery.

Anybody managed to solve the problem with the reseting date?
This issue is pretty important for me.

From my previous post (New camera - firmware version? G3 33dp v07). I bought from Gearbest and this was supposed to be a G1W-C but apparently it is the standard G1w with battery.
Anybody can share a video about this gearbest G3 33DP v07 version? As I know, this battery version price is lower and the main menu is not same as Novatek96650 version, especially for the main screen.
I am little doubt about the video quality.

Great review. Thank you. I purchased two units G1W-C from Amazon Prime. My units have version 2013.05237.01. I use the Transcend 32GB Class-10 card. I purchased this unit specifically for the capacitor availability, however my unit does not save the last file on shutdown. The file becomes corrupted and not viewable. As the last file being the most critical in case of accident, is there a fix for this issue. Niko, do you have any suggestions? Thank you.
Please try this firmware: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/firmware/G1WC/G1W-C_FW.zip

Anybody can share a video about this gearbest G3 33DP v07 version? As I know, this battery version price is lower and the main menu is not same as Novatek96650 version, especially for the main screen.
I am little doubt about the video quality.

Here you go... it looks better than other G1W videos I've seen.
Corners are sharp as well.

qwqw,

I have the same issue with the same camera from estore009. Along with the bleed I have what looks like pixel dots. It has a blueskysea logo on the front. Firmware is 2013.1126.16 . If anyone has this camera from estore009 with either a transcend card or class 4 can you please upload a short video or picture of the image.

image.png

qwqw,

I have the same issue with the same camera from estore009. Along with the bleed I have what looks like pixel dots. It has a blueskysea logo on the front. Firmware is 2013.1126.16 . If anyone has this camera from estore009 with either a transcend card or class 4 can you please upload a short video or picture of the image.

image.png

@ pixel dots, = hot pixel. This is common for most AR0330 CMOS dashcams due to this sensor maximum temperature limitations. When camera runs for long time, the CMOS starts overheating and creating a hot-pixels. Especially this can see in pitch dark, so it is sort of normal for this solution.

Help. I have the same problem as IDF Wingleader. I have 2 G1w-C 's. Using Sandisk pixtor 16 gb 10 cards. Mode is stuck in rec, Can only change mode by removing sd card. Inserting the card turns the camera off.
Do I need a different sd card?

Thanks for the reply niko. For those who suffer like me from the last file being corrupted on shutdown please play that last file in the actual dvr camera. Then try transferring/playing on your computer and the file should now work. As mentioned previously this does seem like a firmware problem but this method should get you by.

Help. I have the same problem as IDF Wingleader. I have 2 G1w-C 's. Using Sandisk pixtor 16 gb 10 cards. Mode is stuck in rec, Can only change mode by removing sd card. Inserting the card turns the camera off.
Do I need a different sd card?

This might sound dumb but did you make sure to stop recording before trying to do options? If the camera is recording press the record button to stop it from recording, then you can go to options. If this does not solve your problem then try a different sd card

Some people have noted that sandisk cards caused their cameras to malfunction. If you live near a micro center try their store brand microcenter microsd cards ($13), or try a transcend micro sd card. If the card doesn't fix your problem I would contact the seller.

Thank you Micro 35. You are a genius. Works great now.

qwqw,

@ pixel dots, = hot pixel. This is common for most AR0330 CMOS dashcams due to this sensor maximum temperature limitations. When camera runs for long time, the CMOS starts overheating and creating a hot-pixels. Especially this can see in pitch dark, so it is sort of normal for this solution.

I have the same issue as well from my unit bought from estore009. It's only noticeable at night. The daytime image is still crisp and clear. In my opinion, for the price I paid, this is really a minor annoyance.

I have the same issue as well from my unit bought from estore009. It's only noticeable at night. The daytime image is still crisp and clear. In my opinion, for the price I paid, this is really a minor annoyance.

yeah, its doing a great for money it cost. Even twice more expensive dashcams which using same hardware, - many of them they also have hot-pixel issue, so it is sort of normal for AR0330.

Our shipping department made a mistake for the first a few orders of G1W-C, our CS has contacted those customers for this problem. Did you get the email from our CS? If not, simply let me know and I will try my best to assist you.

-Gearbest

I just got this camera and have a question. I just got back from trying it out and when hooking it up to my computer to view the files I found a bunch of Quick Time Movie files (about 20) varying from 8 seconds to about 1.5 minutes in length. I went through the settings on the camera and I have the loop recording set at 3 minutes. I thought that meant ALL of my videos would be 3 minutes long but they are not. Any ideas forum friends?

Check to see if you have motion detect enabled and if so disable it :)

Back