Complete Review of G1W-C CAPACITOR based dash camera NT96650 + AR0330 1080p / 30Fps

How long does the time/date save before it resets if you leave the dashcam unplugged? I left my cam unplugged for 2 hours and the time/date saved but leaving it unplugged for 12hrs made the cam reset.

I have the G1W-C from estore009 on eBay running firmware: 2013.05237.01 and I am having the following issues:

Device will not store/keep g-shock settings
Device will not store/keep screen saver settings
Device will not store/keep TV settings
Corrupt final file issue.

I am using a sandisk 32gb class-10 card, and it writes to it fine. It produces .mov file types, and the ones that play look great.

The only settings it seems to save is the date setting. It is plugged into my cigarette adapter, which loses power when the car is off.

I am in contact with estore via eBay, but I would assume shipping it back for an RMA will cost more in shipping than what I paid for it. Does anyone have any other advice? A different seller? From everything I read, estore009 was the way to go.

What have you all done?

I don't think that's related to any specific seller.
If you search threads here, G1W-C from almost all sellers have issue.
I guess it's the way capacitors behave.
There is no guarantee the replacement will be better unless seller tests it for few weeks before shipping or unless you go through bunch of replacements.

I just fixed it. I loaded a new firmware, ver. 2113.1112.18. You know it's different as there is a new category called PLATE NUMBER, and it also reboots into Chinese.

The other thing I did was to make the settings I wanted (No g-force, 3 minute screen saver, etc), and then instead of powering off the car, I hit the power button for 3 seconds, and let it do a proper boot down sequence. Then I powered it up, and all the settings were saved. The corrupt final file issue is also fixed. It was the firmware FW96650A.bin.

When I shut off the car now with the key, the screen also shows a 'Goodbye' splash screen, which the previous FW version did not do.

Remember, after you flash the FW, take the card out, format it in your computer, then insert it back into the cam, or else you will flash the cam everytime it boots.

Glad to see you have the right version now.
I received my G1W-C Blueskysea Aug 12th with Version 2013 112.18 and I'm happy with it.
I turn my dash cam on and off with the plug in the accessory socket.
It's not tied into the ignition circuit.
Also, I never remove or insert the microSDHC card when the dash cam is on.
I'll bet you'll enjoy your dash ca now.

Nice! I updated my thread with that post suggesting firmware upgrade may solve the issue.

Just got my G1W-C a few days ago, and so far I`m dissapointed. I have tried a couple of different video cards from class 10 to class 4 and all my files are corrupted. The file will show or play maybe the first second or 2 of video, and then blurs out. Any suggestions please? Got this camera through amazon from spytek so it should not be a fake.

Also, how do I access the G-sensor settings easily, and how best to set it for rougher roads, low-med- high?

Contact Spytec, they will walk you through the settings to make sure it's correct and be able to determine if it's faulty, if it is they'll arrange to replace it I'm sure

As far as the basics go, make sure the memory card is good, copy files to PC before trying to playback, use the supplied power adapter, don't use motion detect and keep G-Sensor setting to Low

Memory cards are good. Have not tried copying files to PC first. (will try). Using supplied power adapters. Motion detection is off. G-Sensor is now at Low.
I guess i`m a little confused about how to access the different menu options. I seem to have found them all.
Also, can you not playback the videos from the camera itself?

Thanks for all the help.

certainly start by copying files to PC, your playback issues might be interface related rather than an actual problem with the camera

Can you not playback files from the camera itself? What if you need to show the police on the scene?

It may have that function

Can anyone here tell me if I can play the video from the camera itself please? Or an easy way to do it if you need to show it to the police at the scene of an accident?

Thank You

Yes, you can playback from the camera. Hit the mode button either twice or 3 times, but first make sure you are not recording. The first mode is auto-record video, the second is 4:3 recording and the 3rd is photos. After that, the mode is playback. Make sure you go into playback mode after you have recorded something. Then hit the 'REC' button when in playback mode, I believe that will 'Play' the video. This is all off the top of my head, so I'm going from memory, my advice may be a little off, so dont go by it exactly, but generally it should work.

Also, I would boot up the device, make your settings, then hold down the power button for 3 seconds to do a proper shut down sequence. After that, the settings should hold. I was having issues where the device would turn on when I switched the car on, but then it would cut off when I turned the car off. To fix this, do a proper boot off sequence when the car is running, then shut the car off, then turn it back on. Then it should hold your settings, also you should see a shutdown splash screen when the car is shut off and you power down the device. This should happen everytime. If it doesnt, something is wrong.

You are running the same firmware I am, and I had similar problems. Once I did a proper boot up and boot down procedure, everything was fine. Also, format the card in the dashcam, not in your pc/mac. Insert it, then format it. That worked for me.

Back