Complete Review of G1W-C CAPACITOR based dash camera NT96650 + AR0330 1080p / 30Fps

You are correct. This camera will play the video. Finally after pushing a lot of buttons several times, I was able to see it. Not sure what the sequence was. Thanks

I just fixed it. I loaded a new firmware, ver. 2113.1112.18. You know it's different as there is a new category called PLATE NUMBER, and it also reboots into Chinese.

The other thing I did was to make the settings I wanted (No g-force, 3 minute screen saver, etc), and then instead of powering off the car, I hit the power button for 3 seconds, and let it do a proper boot down sequence. Then I powered it up, and all the settings were saved. The corrupt final file issue is also fixed. It was the firmware FW96650A.bin.

When I shut off the car now with the key, the screen also shows a 'Goodbye' splash screen, which the previous FW version did not do.

Remember, after you flash the FW, take the card out, format it in your computer, then insert it back into the cam, or else you will flash the cam everytime it boots.

Can anybody else confirm that the firmware update fixed their problems. I have a g1w-c from estore009 (Firmware is 2013.1126.16) and although I have no issues with saving settings I do have the last file corrupted issue due to the camera shutting off incorrectly when the key is taken out of the ignition. I have been using the work around to retrieve the corrupted videos but if this firmware update works that would be ideal. If possible could you send me a link to where you got the firmware?

I have a C version as well but even though I set my recordings in 3 minute loops, I noticed my files range anywhere from 12 seconds to 3 minutes. Is this normal or am I not setting things right?

Maybe the 12 second videos are when you turn on your key for just a short time? Or a loose connection? I do not think I have experienced that problem. But I have mine set to the longest loop. (5 minutes I think).

Maybe the 12 second videos are when you turn on your key for just a short time? Or a loose connection? I do not think I have experienced that problem. But I have mine set to the longest loop. (5 minutes I think).

No, reviewed over two 1 hour trips
Don't think it's loose connection as the next videos overlap properly, only they are of various lengths. (I set 3 min loops)

btw, how do I check which fw mine is at and is there any link to the latest fw around?

thanks in advance
g

I think 2013.1112.18 is the latest version.
To find which version. record must be off, menu button twice, down arrow to 3rd screen (last), you will see version, push record to see version number.

@gerard, Check if you have Motion detection On by any chance.

Motion detect was on. will try it set off

thanks

What purpose does motion detection serve, if the camera is supposed to be recording anyway? Is this for "parking mode"

What purpose does motion detection serve, if the camera is supposed to be recording anyway? Is this for "parking mode"

sort of, just doesn't work they way you'd like for most cameras, for this platform it would be more applicable to sport camera use than car camera use

Since the last couple of weeks, my cam didn't start when I turned on ignition. However, when I plugged the power cable out and in again, the cam started working. But now it's completely dead. I took it apart, and checked it with a multimeter and there's 5V on the capacitor (and when you turn off the power it slowly decreases) so I don't think it's a power problem.

Does this sound familiar and can I throw this thing away or is there something I can do?

The first video I took was close to being needed as evidence that I about got run over! PHEW! Glad I had the cam.

Ignore the audio, it isn't the camera's fault. I was listening to a baseball game on the radio and it had bad reception-

I use a Sandisk Ultra 32GB card and haven't had any issues with recording. The only "problem" with this cam is that the date code seems like it will let you set it to MM/DD/YYYY but it still shows up as YYYY/DD/MM -like on the video. One other small issue is the the red recording light no longer blinks in a consistent sequence. It used to be blink... blink... blink... until it was writing a new file, then it would blink twice rapidly and go back to blink... blink... blink... Now mine just blinks randomly all the time like it is signalling in Morse code. It is not an issue for me because the cam is mounted where I can't see the light, and it is recording and filing correctly. I LOVE it!

Since the last couple of weeks, my cam didn't start when I turned on ignition. However, when I plugged the power cable out and in again, the cam started working. But now it's completely dead. I took it apart, and checked it with a multimeter and there's 5V on the capacitor (and when you turn off the power it slowly decreases) so I don't think it's a power problem.

Does this sound familiar and can I throw this thing away or is there something I can do?
Still no joy, can't get it back to life. When I remove the charger, the flash light blinks very fast for a couple of times. I think it's dead.

It wasn't as good as I hoped for when I bought it. It didn't shutdown properly, it didn't saved the date and license plate info, etc etc.
So, is it worth to buy the G1W-C again? Was it just me with this monday morning device?How are everyone's units functioning? Or is it better to buy the normal battery version? I think that one will stop functioning soon with the high car temps (+50 degrees Celsius)

From reading through this thread again, it seems that I got lucky? My camera with the capacitor baked inside my car all summer long and still performs flawlessly (other than the issue with the red light, which is not really a problem). When I plug the memory card in my PC each file is categorized by date. Click on the date and each 3-minute segment is perfect. Keeping my fingers crossed that I won't be let down at some point.

Still no joy, can't get it back to life. When I remove the charger, the flash light blinks very fast for a couple of times. I think it's dead.

It wasn't as good as I hoped for when I bought it. It didn't shutdown properly, it didn't saved the date and license plate info, etc etc.
So, is it worth to buy the G1W-C again? Was it just me with this monday morning device?How are everyone's units functioning? Or is it better to buy the normal battery version? I think that one will stop functioning soon with the high car temps (+50 degrees Celsius)

At one point in time my camera stopped working also. I thought it was dead but after plugging and unplugging it several times and pressing random buttons it came on.The shutdown issue was resolved with a firmware update. If you ever get your camera working again I can send it to you.

Hello guys,

Is there an option/button on this camera to lock a file manually so it won't get overwritten, if you see something interesting on the road?

On a G1W it's the Mode button (lower right one).

Like the nickname ;-)

Another question I have is whether anyone has tried to use an external GPS unit on that port next to "AV" that used to be marked "GPS"?

Back