Complete Review of G1W-C CAPACITOR based dash camera NT96650 + AR0330 1080p / 30Fps

i have exactly same problem with my g1w-c as shown in this youtube clip:

please help me.

It seems that the unit is defect. RMA the unit and contact the seller for another unit.

My other dashcam suffer from this kind of problem and it dies after a few minutes.

Hello, can you confirm that the G1W is still the best of the cheapest dashcams ? I just need a screen and be able to read number plates at night. Would it be ok ? Thank you.

Sorry, I read about the A118 that is better than G1W but the A118 is not available where I live, so which one should I choose ? Thank you.

Sorry, I read about the A118 that is better than G1W but the A118 is not available where I live, so which one should I choose ? Thank you.
We noticed that you user id based USA,and there is one USA-based ebay store from us,maybe you can option us for this A118 or G1W cameras!

I have a g1wc from foxoffer flashed with the 2014 firmware, when used on car, the cam sometimes record with distorted color, alot of green and purple. Now, it does in 90+% of time.
However, if I plug it in a charger at home, it will fix itself.

Attachments

• mov.jpg
    mov.jpg
    892.6 KB · Views: 15
I have a g1wc from foxoffer flashed with the 2014 firmware, when used on car, the cam sometimes record with distorted color, alot of green and purple. Now, it does in 90+% of time.
However, if I plug it in a charger at home, it will fix itself.
So, the camera is fine but there's definitely something interfering with the its power supply or the camera itself inside your car. Can you test it with a different cigarette lighter power adaptor?

Cigarette lighter sockets are not really designed for the plugs we stick in them. The front of the lighter itself makes contact on it's edges, not the center where plugs make contact! I've always wanted a proper plug which makes contact like the lighter does but I've never found any. I've found many plugs will loosen in driving which can also cause trouble. For that I glue a small strip of sandpaper opposite the side-ground connection(s) on the plug and that holds them in a lot better.

Especially with older cars or cars where the cigarette lighter has been used for lighting cigarettes, the center contact can corrode adding unwanted resistance. The place the plug contacts is usually a plain steel rivet- shine a light in there and look for rust or corrosion. If you find any, glue a tiny round piece of sandpaper to a pencil eraser (you may have to narrow it to fit) and spin it in the rivet. Be careful that the metal band holding the eraser doesn't short out- keep it well centered going in and out. Once the rivet is shiny again apply WD40 or 'deoxit' with a Q-tip- don't spray it in- and look for corrosion every few months thereafter. Also don't use it for a lighter anymore, or find another socket for your plugs and keep them separated.

Phil

We noticed that you user id based USA,and there is one USA-based ebay store from us,maybe you can option us for this A118 or G1W cameras!

Can you provide a link to your USA-based ebay store? Looking to buy a G1W-CB and it looks like you only ship from China?

----

Nevermind, saw the link from your previous post (http://stores.ebay.com/Dreamlover2013). Looks like you don't sell the G1W-CB from your USA store.

Last edited:
Yes,there is one link for G1W-CB from USA Store,but it combined with 16Gb memory card and mirror holder!

Using a 2amp charger at home no longer fix it ~~, probably gonna live with it since shipping back to china(foxoffer) for RMA would probably be a PITA.

Has anyone tried replacing the lens or caps on their g1w? Upgrading the glass is self explanatory but I've also been thinking about getting some proper super caps so that I can use g1w-h firmware on my c.

Has anyone tried replacing the lens or caps on their g1w? Upgrading the glass is self explanatory but I've also been thinking about getting some proper super caps so that I can use g1w-h firmware on my c.

Here's a thread where I replaced the lens on a G1W-H. You may or may not be able to use G1W-H firmware on your G1W-C even with higher capacity caps.

Last edited by a moderator:
So after a bit of testing, DA380 firmware is broken on the capacitor version because the capacitor drains so quickly, before the software realizes that the voltage is low, there isn't enough power for the chip to continue running. Overall, the DA380 firmware works a lot better than the Blueskysea 2014 firmware. You can use it daily but you have to remember to turn off your G1W every time before you shut off your car. I've been debating about upgrade my G1W-C but the limiting factor is the firmware, no one has figured out how to modify the G1W firmware, if we could, upgrading the G1W would be worthwhile. Upgrading capacitor is pointless without software control but the software might be able to adjust to a better lens but I can't tell you for sure.

Unless the shutdown process is very fast, no caps which would fit in the case will have enough capacity for the usual shutdown routines found in firmware meant for battery powered cams. My newish G1Wc has maybe 2 1/2 seconds power in the caps and use will reduce that. With this cam, using supercaps limits firmware choices. You have to choose which aspect is more important to you, the caps or the firmware possibilities, then select which G1W version you want.

Phil

Anyone know what is the latest and most stable firmware? My bleuseasky one has an August 2014 firmware. Is hase some strange powers issues with the hardwire connection.

When you suspect a power issue causing a problem, the best approach is to try a known good power source first before making other changes. If then the problem remains as it was before, you know that your power source is not the problem.

Always try the camera's reset function before making other changes with the camera itself. All G1Wc firmwares will operate the camera correctly so unless your firmware has become corrupted that should not be giving a problem. I would try to reload the original firmware first, then see what happens.

Phil

Thanks Phil,

You made a good point I didn't think of that. The power connection from the cigarette light works just fine the camera functions as expected. The problem might be with the harwire connection or plug. It is connected to an accessory circuirt that will turn on if you open the car door from the handle. When the camera turns on at this point it works fine. when I get in and then turn the car on fully it resets that circuit and the camera turns off ,despite the car and the circuit being fully on. Its almost as if the hardwire cable has an internal flip flop switch that gets trip at the change of the power state.

Can you provide a link to your USA-based ebay store? Looking to buy a G1W-CB and it looks like you only ship from China?

----

Nevermind, saw the link from your previous post (http://stores.ebay.com/Dreamlover2013). Looks like you don't sell the G1W-CB from your USA store.

Yes,there is one link for G1W-CB from USA Store,but it combined with 16Gb memory card and mirror holder!

Maybe look at Spytec....I'm probably getting the same one (G1W-CB) and they sell it on their website -- spytecinc.com.

Back