Connect rear cam to nextbase 512gw

I might have to wait til halfrauds have them in stock anyway as much as I'd like it sooner. I've got a 15 off discount card for halfrauds.

Compare the prices first then, Halfords are still pricing the 612gw at £249 even though it's £225 on amazon

Compare the prices first then, Halfords are still pricing the 612gw at £249 even though it's £225 on amazon
thats a good point however they are two completely different companies, amazon dont pay front of house staff, lighting, rent etc amazon are a discount box shifter your comparison is not fair

"We are recieiving stock of the 512GW Rear Cam over the weekend.
Once sorted, it will soon be available to purchase online and via Halfords.
Thanks
Elliott Blackburn"
I got this message today 25.05.18 from nextbase. I have the same 512gw and i was waiting for a long time for this

With my 512GW just about a year old and soon out of warranty it doesn't really appeal to me as much as it did 10 months ago. I've been looking at the latest 2 channel blackvue that has been out for a while and actually works. It makes more sense to upgrade to a newer model than buy a rear camera that could be redundant if the 512GW decides to stop working as so many units do.

thats a good point however they are two completely different companies, amazon dont pay front of house staff, lighting, rent etc amazon are a discount box shifter your comparison is not fair

I think my comparison is fair, Amazon's customer service basically means your purchase is as guaranteed and worry free as it would be buying from an actual store front

Aside from that, what actually matters is when you want a specific dashcam, why pay more than you have to for the exact same product? If you feel morally obliged to go to a shop to buy something that costs more because it has floor staff and frontage bills then that's fine, maybe I'm a horrible person for spending a few quid less to have the same product

Last edited:
"We are recieiving stock of the 512GW Rear Cam over the weekend.
Once sorted, it will soon be available to purchase online and via Halfords.
Thanks
Elliott Blackburn"
I got this message today 25.05.18 from nextbase. I have the same 512gw and i was waiting for a long time for this
So far we have been told they were landing on the 15th of May with nextbase. It didn't happen.

Someone else was told they would be with them on Friday I. E today. Seems that hasn't happened either.

Someone else was told they would be able to buy from nextbase on the 26th. Which is tomorrow so will give them the benefit of the doubt on that as it hasn't happened yet. But in halfrauds a couple of weeks later.

Now elliot says they are expecting them over the weekend. And they will be available both online and halfrauds at the same time.

What do you believe? None of it in my book.

I think the majority of us have been extremely patient with this and nextbase have done an incredibly bad job with this situation.

This has caused so much bad feeling with a company I had no issues with before and the only way they will learn is if people vote with their feet that situations like this are not acceptable.

Even when the customers is wrong they are still right. Customer service 101.

totally agree with you , it’s been a shambles. Wouldn’t buy the camera now as no confidence in Nextbase .

I think my comparison is fair, Amazon's customer service basically means your purchase is as guaranteed and worry free as it would be buying from an actual store front
In actual fact, the Amazon service is more worry free than a shop, as with any on-line retailer you can just return something because you don't like it/changed your mind etc. You cannot do that by right in a shop.

In actual fact, the Amazon service is more worry free than a shop, as with any on-line retailer you can just return something because you don't like it/changed your mind etc. You cannot do that by right in a shop.

You're correct, it's not a legal right in store. So why would someone go to Halfords to buy a dashcam for whatever price it will end up being if they find it on amazon £20 cheaper? :sneaky:

Why slate Halfords for being more expensive? They price match other retailers!?

Are there any other retailers that are selling the 512 rear cam to price match:D?

Anyway, when retailers price match they only price match against the retailers THEY specify.

Hi Everyone, New poster and just put this up on another thread.

Emailed the sales team yesterday and got the below back.

"Hello,

It will be available to purchase via our tech support team by the end of the week.

Please contact them on 02920 866429 and they can assist.

Thanks"

Fingers crossed I'll have something to fit at the weekend!

^^^That was me that posted that XD

Just Spoke to support, he told me that emails are coming on Monday and that if we are on the list, you will receive a 50% off discount.

It’s due out in the Autumn, here’s some info:

The resolution will be 1080p,
It’ll record the data onto the SD card inside the 512GW,
It will take power from the 512GW,
It will cost around £50-£70.

The benefit is it will save on the extra hardwire kit and SD card and have front and rear files consecutively.
Tiffany am i on the mailing list as previously requested? Thank you.

I think everyone buying one should be at a discounted price , we have all been waiting for the past 10 months or more.
After all the promises etc wonder if I get an email

Hi all.

I received an email today from NextBase and have purchased a rear view camera.

Thank you Tiffany for your help.:cool:

No email for me yet and I joined 6 months ago. Thought they might have gone out simultaneously.

Back