Connect rear cam to nextbase 512gw

Dear Tiffany, I like to know how the camera will be fasten to the car

I'm guessing no polarizing filter attached on the camera lens

Correct - there isn't Dash Board Glare in the rear.

Correct - there isn't Dash Board Glare in the rear.

No not dashboard glare at least, but if you drive a sedan with a sloped rear window i would have no problem imagining that the shelf in the rear might cause problems in some cases.
Hell even in my little car with a vertical window and the lens 1 mm from the glass i have reflections, mostly seen at night as the rear camera will catch reflections of cars coming towards me and their headlight.

Then again if you have reflections on a back camera you will find it more easy to just put something black on the shelf back there compare to whipping up your own dashmat.

A CPL are also nice on the rear camera as it do take some of the reflections in the window of the following car, giving you a larger chance to see what the person was doing before he/she plowed into you.
So i have put the CPL for my SG9663DC on the rear camera.

Depends where its positioned, we've tended to put it quite low down because its tiny - no glare yet, if lots of people experience it I image we can make one that will fit.

Many thanks for your respond , however I can't find any technical information about the new r-cam inside https://www.nextbase.co.uk/
AsTiffany said there isn't any instruction yet as it has not been released yet, I'd imagine installation would be stick rear cam on rear window, run supplied cable up to front of car and plug it into 512 gw.

I wonder how that will work on cars with opening rear doors? On my Rav, if the rcam is fixed to the glass, there's at least 4" of travel when I open the rear door, and that's assuming it's fixed in the top, offside corner - anywhere else would be even more tricky.

Depends on how much cable free play you give it, assuming you feed the cable along the roof lining. I can see the problem though if you run the cable along the floor.

I wonder how that will work on cars with opening rear doors? On my Rav, if the rcam is fixed to the glass, there's at least 4" of travel when I open the rear door, and that's assuming it's fixed in the top, offside corner - anywhere else would be even more tricky.

It will definitely take a little more thought that a front camera to fit, if you check the image when the boot is closed then actually fit it with it open I'd image you won't experience any difficulties.

If you do, get in touch.

I was also wondering about the repeated flexing of the cable - I reckon I open and shut the rear door at least 1000 times a year - I do hope that the cable has been protected at the camera end, or the repeated flexing will find the weakest point, and possibly cause damage. I'm thinking that maybe the cable could somehow follow the same route as the wiring for the centre brake light etc, and pop out through the top of the door somewhere. All speculation of course... just thinking aloud really.

I'm guessing I'm on the list Tiffany, being a long time complainer. But just checking!

I was also wondering about the repeated flexing of the cable - I reckon I open and shut the rear door at least 1000 times a year - I do hope that the cable has been protected at the camera end, or the repeated flexing will find the weakest point, and possibly cause damage. I'm thinking that maybe the cable could somehow follow the same route as the wiring for the centre brake light etc, and pop out through the top of the door somewhere. All speculation of course... just thinking aloud really.

Fitted with the boot open it would give the cable maximum extension, putting little to no pressure on the cable through its use. The centre brake light sounds like a good idea.

Hey tiffany could you add me to the list please.;)

Back