Connect rear cam to nextbase 512gw

Thank you Tiffany for your help and being resilient

Good things come to those who wait!

Also everyone winging about warranties etc etc get a life it's a bloody dashcam! :)

I have already got mine installed. you need to do a firmware update on your 512GW for the rear cam to work. Its a great quality picture. 1080P.

Any chance you can upload a sample clip? I've ordered mine but I won't be back in the country for another 8 weeks to try it out.

this forum will not allow upload of mov files so I dont know how to do it.

this forum will not allow upload of mov files so I dont know how to do it.
if you post the direct youtube link someone can embed it into a post

Thanks for uploading, it looks really good! I've seen other rear cams but this one seems to be really sharp and clear.

yes the rear window is tinted. the video really don't do it justice. the original clip is perfect and very clear

yes the rear window is tinted. the video really don't do it justice. the original clip is perfect and very clear

Thanks, Youtube tends to change the quality on its uploads.

Quality looks good. Do you know if its possible to change exposure independently to main cam?

I picked up my rear cam today, took an extra couple of days due to my local post office losing it but that's another story in itself.

I have R17.9 Firmware installed. On plugging in the rear camera there were 3 options of possible viewing - front and rear (left), front and rear (right) or front camera only ... it seemed odd to me that was not an option for rear only. So I rang Tech Support and the answer is that the new Firmware to be released imminently is a newer version than R17.9 and that this option will include rear camera only as well.

Just spoke to James at nextbase TS and all 512 rearcams are sold out.
If you e mail them they will e mail you when they are back in stock

I picked up my rear cam today, took an extra couple of days due to my local post office losing it but that's another story in itself.

I have R17.9 Firmware installed. On plugging in the rear camera there were 3 options of possible viewing - front and rear (left), front and rear (right) or front camera only ... it seemed odd to me that was not an option for rear only. So I rang Tech Support and the answer is that the new Firmware to be released imminently is a newer version than R17.9 and that this option will include rear camera only as well.

I had the same options after plugging in the rear camera, running firmware R15.8.

Apart from the obvious cost !!!
What do you think about just putting a second stand alone 512GW in the rear screen and hard wiring it in like I have in the front - Better ??
Many thanks

Apart from the obvious cost !!!
What do you think about just putting a second stand alone 512GW in the rear screen and hard wiring it in like I have in the front - Better ??
Many thanks

I suppose you could, there are small fixed mounts available on eBay that mount the camera closer to the glass and have a lower profile. They don't work with the GPS part but you wouldn't need that on the rear.

Well i have messaged both tiffany and nextbase yesterday as i knew id be in meetings all day and wouldnt have chance to call and not one reply. Poor show. Your about to lose a customer thats for sure.

Back