Connect rear cam to nextbase 512gw

They are so far behind the curve that it makes no sense that they would continue with it. Technology does not wait for anyone.
Lets face it, it is just a cut down version of their camera. I don't believe the EU testing excuse. My guess is that the 512GW will need a firmware update and this is where the issues are.

Lets face it, it is just a cut down version of their camera.

it's a similar process but is not that simple

I don't believe the EU testing excuse..

that would certainly be a part of the process and also the last part of the process

My guess is that the 512GW will need a firmware update and this is where the issues are.

that's not difficult, functionality is in the SDK already

So the Autumn 2017 release date was extremely optimistic. They must have known that even before the 512GW was released.
So is available in the US now?
Why is there no official comment from NextBase?

I think I should emphasise again that I am very pleased with my 512GW. It's an excellent product. So I'm not just a moaner.
Maybe if they had said that the rear camera is a 'possible' future development, then the expectation would not be there. It would just be seen as a bonus when released.

Well I was one of the ones waiting patiently for the arrival of rear cam, but now I decided to give and go elsewhere. Which is a shame as the dual cam package seems highly rated..
So instead I've bought a new DOD LS475W+ cam for the front and running my old Yi_Ultra Dash Cam at the back.
Maybe when these two pack up and stop working the rear nextbase cam will be available at Halfords......

We are hoping to release the 512GW rear cam into Halfords for the end of the month.
This will retail at around £60/70.(Nextbase email)
We're now into February 2018, and still no rear cam. Will it ever be in the shops?

How long is a piece of string????

How long is a piece of string????

By the time this phantom rear cam comes out the main front cam wont be compatible with it !!!! then we'll be told we need to upgrade the front cam to the 512 GW"A" that's being manufactured and should be on the shop shelves in 2025 after "testing" :);):ROFLMAO:

To be honest I'm now fed up of waiting for it to be available.

And the lack of info or responses from nextbase are laughable now.

We have gone from having info given to now practically silence.

I don't blame Tiffany as she can't win either way but this saga of this camera is getting ridiculous.

I'm even thinking of not even bothering with it and thinking of another solution instead.

It's always 3 months away. The fact that there is really no 'Official' statement from NextBase speaks volumes. Tiffany is just the messenger.

Things really aren't looking good when even Tiffany has gone silent.

I'm even thinking of not even bothering with it and thinking of another solution instead.

That's exactly what I thought and did. Enough was enough.

I ended up ripping out the 512GW from the car and went for the Aukey DR02 twin-cam set up

I'm looking to update my camera and after a hit and run where a rear camera and parking mode would have saved me £1500 in repairs and a lot of hassle, I've decided they are both vital additions.
I read a few posts on this forum and it's been really helpful :)
I just asked NextBase if the 612GW would have a rear camera, or be able to use the 512GW rear cam but the answer is no, as the 612GW wouldn't be able to cope with recording 2160p and 1080p at the same time :( I'm guessing it might be because they are using H.264 and/or still have that 2nd (LO) recording for streaming?
I'd rather go for a British manufacturer but the BlackVue DR750S looks like the better buy for me, although I might wait for the BlackVue DR900S to come out.

The DR750S is £249 on gadgetgadgetgadget.com but it looks like a total scam site unfortunately.

The 612GW has the option to turn the low file off.

I have a question about the rear camera setup. Will there be a replacement mount unit available with the extra USB slot? What I enjoy about the mount is that I can just slide the camera out without removing cables. If I have to keep unplugging the cable to get the dashcam out that would be a pain.

There won't be no - the only port that will take the Rear Cam cable is the R-Cam port to the left of the mounting.

This would mean removing the cable before sliding the camera off its mounting.

Had a chat with Elliot last week - he say, devices to suppliers end March, with them distributing to public a few weeks later.

Back