Connect rear cam to nextbase 512gw

Seems to be no New news [emoji848]
I'm waiting for 2 my 512gw... but nothing[emoji36][emoji22]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Well I personally think it's disgusting that Nextbase cannot even reply to anyone's messages. just goes to show the contempt they have for their customers.
I have contacted Them by email approx 5 times since last summer and all I got was we are expecting the release of the rear cam to be etc etc etc well those release dates came and went time and time again. then they said I was on an email list for news and guess what ? Not one single email. what a bunch of amateurs they are.
Now I will be looking for another manufacturer that can supply me with what I need. Don't hold your breath people I will be surprised if come October / November you will still be having the same conversation. VERY BAD BUSINESS NEXTBASE VERY BAD BUSINESS.

I'm so sorry @inagrump, I can see this has caused you a lot of frustration.

I don't know what your email is from your above message so I'm unsure if you're on the list, you can private message me the email if you like or email us it and I can confirm this.

When taking emails it is to contact customers when we have a definitive release date - we don't have that therefore yes, there has been no contact from me.

I'm so sorry @inagrump, I can see this has caused you a lot of frustration.

I don't know what your email is from your above message so I'm unsure if you're on the list, you can private message me the email if you like or email us it and I can confirm this.

When taking emails it is to contact customers when we have a definitive release date - we don't have that therefore yes, there has been no contact from me.

I have just received an email from Halfords Uk , they have just announced they have brought out their own brand of dash cams . I think they have given up on nextbase as well, this has become such a joke. I think it’s about time trading standards get involved as we bought this camera in good faith expecting the rear cam to follow on in a reasonable time,
We should be able to return camera for full refund etc , will never buy or recommend Nextbase to anyone changed from transcend 220pro wish I had never bothered.

The Halfords 380 look alike is a bit (lot) pants. The picture quality from both front and rear cams is pretty good, but there is no PC software only smartphone/tablet. Ugh.

A more damning thing about it is that the rear camera is a mirror type so that the picture is transposed L to R and thus makes reading number plates etc. pretty difficult.

I have been talking to Halfords today, and the manager phoned the supplier and they said it is like that by design and had no intention of changing it or making it switchable. Crap. If I wanted a reversing camera then that's what I would have bought, except my car is already fitted with one.

It's going back tomorrow as it's not fit for purpose, and the manager agreed with me.

Ah well, back to my Blackvue with a rear cam that actually works the right way around. Pain in the but having to thread the rear cam cable again though.

And it will only take a 32Gb SD and with both cams connected it gobbles up the SD card like it's going out of fashion.

It's similar in that the large base sticks to the windscreen solidly and the camera body fixes directly to the base.

Then that's a matter of opinion. Neither have a display, both fix directly to the windscreen via a slide on interface. Neither look like a 'traditional dash-cam with a display. Ergo, 'look alike'. Or perhaps I should have used a made up word such as lookasimilar.

some similarities perhaps, about the only thing they seem to share in common is they're both sold at Halfords

The 380 isn't

The 380 is turtle-shaped whereas Halfords one is square/rectangular shape. I don’t think the Halfords one would be as good, quality-wise, as Nextbase, who are well-established in dashcam speciality.

Oh, Jeez. Sorry I spoke.
All I was doing was telling people about them, not to get into a long discussion over how similar, or not, they are.
And I didn't imply they were related, only that they looked a bit similar.

But at least they actually have a rear (reversing) cam that does't interfere with my DAB radio.

That's really good news @M8TJT, some cars/circumstances seem better than others.

This is the response I had today from Nextbase regarding the Rear Camera. It sort of clears up the warranty but still no date.

Hello

I have in contact with the development team over the past few weeks and I have been unable to obtain a release date for the Rear Cam.

We have had some delays on our shipment of the Rear Cameras but we are trying our best to get them to cameras to Halfords stores as soon as possible.

I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by this delay, would you like for me to add you to our mailing list? Once we have more information we can send you an update.

The camera WILL NOT be damaged if you do not own a rear camera, I have a 512GW fitted in my car with no rear camera plugged in.
Ryan H

Technical Support
Engineer

This is the response I had today from Nextbase regarding the Rear Camera. It sort of clears up the warranty but still no date.

Hello

We have had some delays on our shipment of the Rear Cameras but we are trying our best to get them to cameras to Halfords stores as soon as possible.

Ryan H

Technical Support
Engineer[/QUO

Is Halfords the only company to sell Nextbase products?

Hello

Ryan H

Technical Support
Engineer[/QUO

Is Halfords the only company to sell Nextbase products?
I think they may have some deal to have them exclusively for some period before others get them

Back