Cop tries hard to catch me speeding.

BurritoJoe

Reaction score
Country
United States

I was driving and notice far ahead of me a police patrol SUV trying to make a left turn, which he ended up making a U-turn. At that point I decided to slow down to make sure I'm not moving in front of him. Then he pretended that he was trying to make a left turn so I ended up passing him, only to see that he got back on my lane and started following me. I was very aware of my speed prior to him doing a U-turn and after he was behind me, I made sure I was at or below the speed limit of 45. As I was driving I passed a couple of vehicle driving slower than the speed limit. And I notice at one point the police SUV was turning right on a street, only to turn into the parking lot and came back on the street I was driving and was again behind me. At some point he tried to hide behind a pickup truck towing a trailer. probably thinking I didn't notice. Then finally he decide ah alright f- - - you buddy and he decided to turn left on a street. I have no idea why he decided to target me other than that at the beginning of the video there was a car behind me on the right lane who saw the cop car and slow down and that might have made it look like I so speeding. I felt very disparaged that this happen. I have been driving for 19 years and never once got a speeding ticket or any kind of ticket. It felt like the cop was trying hard to caught me speeding.

I just been pulled over and gotten a blemish on my sheet as the cops spotted my base ball bat that had slid out from under the rear seat.

You can not for any reason have a baseball bat you can buy in most sports stores in your hand or in your car, but at least i dident get a fine for illegal weapons possession.
And they dident frisk me whish was good, as that would for sure have lead to a charge of weapons possession as i EDC a little folding knife.

Im so not geared for this country :cautious:

But that's a beefy cop car hes driving, mine was the local Mercedes stationcar.
attachment.php

With my past i can still sniff them out from a mile away, but them turning 180 right after they passed me was a dead giveaway.

O i see now that's the old MERC, its the new one that pulled me over this night.

New one have round flashers but still as easy to see in the grill as the old ones, even at night and with my no longer that good eyes.

O i see now that's the old MERC, its the new one that pulled me over this night.

New one have round flashers but still as easy to see in the grill as the old ones, even at night and with my no longer that good eyes.

Why are cops driving luxury sedan in Europe?

They do not have to pay the 200% tax we mortal Danes pay for our cars ( and that's just the car tax, after that come the 25% sales tax and i think you pay sales tax on the 200% car tax too ), same with the politicians they whine about the environment and what not but are driven around in large Audis and so on.
And they should take the train ( public transport ) they all see so happy about.

That cop made a sudden double lane change then abort without indicating at all. While I see this a lot, It should not happen. Cops Are NOT above the Law they are supposed to be the EXAMPLE of it! I'd be tempted to file a complaint. Honestly probably wouldn't do it, but I'd be tempted to.

He may have been running your tag number and following you while he waited for the results. In the start of the video you seem to like the left lane when the right is empty. :)

I wholehearted agree with you "BC"

I dont think it is unfair to expect the people that uphold our common laws to be outstanding examples on how its supposed to be done.
Sure we can all make a mistake now and then, but at the moment it seem to me like making mistakes are the new norm, and people trying hard to break that norm are frowned upon.

I recorded a guy 2 years ago that broke so many laws within 1/8 mile of driving that his license should be taken and him getting a hefty fine, but nothing happened before i involved media, and after they did ask for the video evidence which i provided, i sort of feel like they just did so to appear to be doing something.
I have gotten no feedback on how or if my evidence and written statement was used, and i feel bad about that.

They're not this was a Mercedes, uk cops typically use focus estate, x5 Mondeo/contour/Volvo etc, though they have some very nice unmarked cars like top spec rangeys for ARV and close protection work

Yeah they run a range of brands here, in the old days it was more easy as all the cars was one brand and then maybe 2 models.
ny-mercedes-politibil.jpg

33217_3.jpg

VO_Ny_politibil.jpg

As hinted by other posters: the luxury cars often have powerful engines so they are suitable for police chases. Sometimes mainstream brands are used - I've see a few dull-coloured police Vauxhall-Opel Insignias used as unmarked interceptors which have mid-spec Insignia appearance on the exterior but are actually a VXR in disguise; proper sleeper cars.

When not involved in pursuits or dealing with the aftermath of traffic accidents, they sit in the 'slow lane' with the trucks, looking like any other ordinary car, using their on-board cameras and computer systems to scan the number plates of cars passing them in the 'fast lane' to see if any of those cars have a reason to be pulled over.

In the UK, if you see a fast car in the slow lane, it's probably an unmarked police interceptor.

once toyota opened their plant in Georgetown, Kentucky, the local PD started using Camrys for their squad cars. not exactly intimidating, even in their 2.5L v6 form. thankfully the next gen camry had more power from the v6, but still not an intimidating vehicle.

1990-Toyota-Camry-police-car.jpg

I dont even think camry V6 are sold over here, that's borderline luxury and then Danes can do better even with the indecent prizes such cars carry here.

The supras and celicas are popular over here, but you wont see many Danes buy them from new, but some fast and furry kids import them it seem.
The corollas was also quite popular at one time.

the prius have a start price of 62.000 dollars here, and that's a gooberment subsidized hybrid

A toyota C-HR 1.2 litet Turbo i assume non hybrid are 54.000 USD

A 1.8 L Avensis valvematic multidrive ST3 will set you back 66.000 USD

Last edited:
...The supras and celicas are popular over here...
I've owned 3 Celicas in my life time - a fun reasonably practical car.

the prius have a start price of 62.000 dollars here,...

A toyota C-HR 1.2 litet Turbo i assume non hybrid are 54.000 USD

A 1.8 L Avensis valvematic multidrive ST3 will set you back 66.000 USD
Holy crap - that's EXPENSIVE. :eek:

As i "lovingly" say, get one pay for 3,,,,,, or 2 at least :censored:

......A 1.8 L Avensis valvematic multidrive ST3 will set you back 66.000 USD....

I looked at UK prices for a new one and they vary from £19000 to £29000 depending on the options fitted; median price was £24000 (31000 US Dollars or 27500 Euros).

Out of interest, how expensive are used cars?
I generally prefer to buy a one-year-old car wherever possible because it has already taken a large depreciation hit disproportionate to its remaining lifespan (30% cheaper, 90% of its life ahead of it) yet it will still have at least two years warranty remaining and the first owner will have dealt with any manufacturing defects or faulty components.

Last edited:
looking at what the hop gear boys got for money in the UK i think its safe to say,,,,,, not over here.
But other than that i dont really know about used car prizes, i would assume they reflect the high price of a new car, and not just a higher depreciation.

Back